I have no skin in this game, but man there's been some good pitching.
MLB 2016
Collapse
X
-
"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
"You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
- SeattleUte
-
Wow. That should be the game."...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
"You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
- SeattleUte
Comment
-
Yeah, I think it's pretty clear they peaked too soon. I wished they would have just squeaked in the playoffs and saved their hits for later. The vaunted offense has been quiet for the whole series. And, Francona outmanaged Farrell. Good revenge on his old team.Originally posted by Northwestcoug View PostOrtiz went 0 for 5 today, 4 of those AB he left runners on base. The winning streak is done at 11 for the Sox.
I'm hoping that the Sox haven't peaked too soon, and that Ortiz won't start a slump right in time for the playoffs
Oh well. Go Cubs."...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
"You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
- SeattleUte
Comment
-
This Cubs-Giants game is great. Another pitcher breaks Bumgarner's streak with a homerun. The Giants take a lead in the 8th and then the Cubs hit another homerun in the 9th to tie.Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”
Comment
-
MLB 2016
Helluva catch by Almora took send it to extra inningsLast edited by falafel; 10-10-2016, 11:13 PM.Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
Going to the 12th!Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
Hunter Pence is a homeless man.Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
Cubs storm back from being down 5-2 to start the 9th to win 6-5 and take the series. Aroldis Chapman strikes out the side in the bottom of the ninth for the save.
No even year championship for the Giants this year.Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
I dont want to talk about itOriginally posted by falafel View PostCubs storm back from being down 5-2 to start the 9th to win 6-5 and take the series. Aroldis Chapman strikes out the side in the bottom of the ninth for the save.
No even year championship for the Giants this year.PLesa excuse the tpyos.
Comment
-
Were you at the game ape man?Originally posted by creekster View PostI dont want to talk about itAin't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
Last night was a horrible but fitting end to the Giants' string of post-season successes (10-0 in elimination games, an MLB record). Walking batters in the ninth with a three-run lead? Surely there are criminal penalties for such misconduct. I just wish Bochy had put Casilla in after Romo. Those two, more than any others, are responsible for my sadness.
Still, I'm glad it was the Cubs that succeeded.
Comment
-
The entire bullpen deserves a F-. They were terrible since the All-Star break.Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View PostLast night was a horrible but fitting end to the Giants' string of post-season successes (10-0 in elimination games, an MLB record). Walking batters in the ninth with a three-run lead? Surely there are criminal penalties for such misconduct. I just wish Bochy had put Casilla in after Romo. Those two, more than any others, are responsible for my sadness.
Still, I'm glad it was the Cubs that succeeded.
Comment
-
32 blown saves this season!Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View PostLast night was a horrible but fitting end to the Giants' string of post-season successes (10-0 in elimination games, an MLB record). Walking batters in the ninth with a three-run lead? Surely there are criminal penalties for such misconduct. I just wish Bochy had put Casilla in after Romo. Those two, more than any others, are responsible for my sadness.
Still, I'm glad it was the Cubs that succeeded.
Bumgarner had 9 starts where he left the game in the 7th inning or later with a lead that the bullpen blew. 12 starts overall he left the game with a lead.
Romo and Casilla are atrocious.
I was screaming to ride Moore for one more inning, I don't care about his pitch count, he was about to get 7 days off and his last pitch in the 8th was 95 on the paint. You let him go and pull him first sign of trouble. On top of that Derek Law was the best reliever all year, he has a 3 run lead, and you pull him after one batter who reached on a seeing eye single through the shift? It didn't make any sense to me. Bochy for the first time in 6 years panicked.*Banned*
Comment
Comment