Her Name is Rio: The 2016 Olympic Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    USWNT is dunzo. While I will never cheer against the US, I do think this team probably needed a little slice of humble pie. Unfortunately, they got the entire pie.
    http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/art...-bunch-cowards

"I also think we played a bunch of cowards. But, you know, the best team did not win today; I strongly, firmly believe that. I think you saw America's heart. You saw us give everything that we had today. Unfortunately the better team didn't win."

Maybe someone needs to shove the humble pie down their throats.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/art...-bunch-cowards

Maybe someone needs to shove the humble pie down their throats.
      Hope Solo is a despicable character. If there is a reason to cheer against the USWNT, she is 99% of that reason.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Yeah not to mention that the US team played on to boos from the crowd instead of putting the ball out when a Swede was hurt to score their equalizer.

Hope Solo is so trashy. It's just a game -- so dumb to call the other team "cowards."

It's true that the more "deserving" team often doesn't win in soccer. That's part of the appeal of soccer is the unpredictability. That's what makes the FA Cup and even these tournaments like Olympics and the World Cup so cool: the underdogs have a chance.

Comment

• Watching women's diving and there is a Chinese diver listed as Shi T. Shi T. is currently in third place. Also, there is very noticeable rust on fixtures at the water line. Water is less green today. What a dump.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            Watching women's diving and there is a Chinese diver listed as Shi T. Shi T. is currently in third place. Also, there is very noticeable rust on fixtures at the water line. Water is less green today. What a dump.
            I love that they blame the green water on the rainfall. We received 20 inches of rain last April and my pool never turned green. You treat it before, during and after the rain. It's not hard. I'm willing ot show them how to do it.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              I love that they blame the green water on the rainfall. We received 20 inches of rain last April and my pool never turned green. You treat it before, during and after the rain. It's not hard. I'm willing ot show them how to do it.
              They ran out of the necessary chemicals.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                Yeah not to mention that the US team played on to boos from the crowd instead of putting the ball out when a Swede was hurt to score their equalizer.

Hope Solo is so trashy. It's just a game -- so dumb to call the other team "cowards."

It's true that the more "deserving" team often doesn't win in soccer. That's part of the appeal of soccer is the unpredictability. That's what makes the FA Cup and even these tournaments like Olympics and the World Cup so cool: the underdogs have a chance.
                I agreed with the announcers on putting the ball out. If you are trying to win the game at a critical moment that "sportsmanship" of putting the ball out of play goes out the window. The referee has the ability to stop the play if needed for injury and should be forced to make a decision in those situations. There is so much diving and theater in soccer that you can't expect the players to stop on a critical play just because someone goes down.

I agree with you on Solo. She has some serious issues. She is an outstanding keeper but she had a horrible tournament. I know Sweden's coach was the US coach for a long time and there seems to be some bad blood there but I don't follow it close enough to know.

Comment

Watching women's diving and there is a Chinese diver listed as Shi T. Shi T. is currently in third place. Also, there is very noticeable rust on fixtures at the water line. Water is less green today. What a dump.
                  My favorite Olympian name so far was the Croatian water polo goalkeeper named Bijac (pronounced Bee-yoch).

Comment

They ran out of the necessary chemicals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope Solo is a despicable character. If there is a reason to cheer against the USWNT, she is 99% of that reason.
                      You mean the domestic abuser? Yeah, funny how she gets different treatment than other losers like Ray Rice. So much for feminism.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

• When it is cold out, and the beach volleyball women wear their bikini tops over the long-sleeved shirt, it reminds me of Mormon women. I assume they have a good reason for doing this, like the bikini tops are their uniforms and need to show, or something like that. But I will say that this association my brain makes dampens some of the sexiness of the sport.

Comment

Completely agree. Hope Solo is Tonya Harding without the class. If the women's team had 11 Hope Solos, I would cheer against them at every opportunity. Even one of her makes it hard.

Comment

• What is the purpose of pulling up and slowing down right before the finish line in a 100M race? I know it's a prelim, but what's the point? Why not run hard all the way through?

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                              What is the purpose of pulling up and slowing down right before the finish line in a 100M race? I know it's a prelim, but what's the point? Why not run hard all the way through?
                              It leaves a little more in the tank for the subsequent rounds.
                              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                                It leaves a little more in the tank for the subsequent rounds.
                                It's a 100M race.

Comment

Working...
                                X