Lakers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FN Phat
    I ♥ gateway sex
    • Feb 2009
    • 8691

    #1141
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Who did Obama pick to win it all in the NCAA? I forget....
    I know where you are headed. Yes, he picked UNC. He did get 3 of the Final Four wrong though. Not a good omen.
    I'm your huckleberry.


    "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #1142
      Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
      I know where you are headed. Yes, he picked UNC. He did get 3 of the Final Four wrong though. Not a good omen.
      Final Four? lol.

      who cares. The only thing that matters is the Final One.

      And he picked UNC!
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #1143
        Will Jungle Karma come back to bless the Lakers?

        Kobe defended LBJ's immature behavior, which I thought was a classy thing to do.

        Incidentally, nice move by Lebron....play the medical/injury card this week to deflect some of this negative press he is getting. Not sure the ploy was successful, but it was an interesting PR move, nonetheless.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • Surfah
          Where's Wallace?
          • Nov 2008
          • 33726

          #1144
          Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
          Your insecurities are starting to shine thru. The LeBron hate card is getting old. Especially a VC comparison. He is going to get the mid range game. Look at how his outside game has improved since coming into the game. He couldn't hit an open shot, let alone a fade away. He is making both of those now.

          I was expecting to see some amazing plays from that video. I break it down like the following:

          10. Against Jared Jack. 'Nuff said
          9,8 & 6. Dunks, similar to LeBron, just not the same lift
          7. Nasty. I remember watching that game and rewinding the DVR multiple times.
          5. Block from behind. Please note comments from 9,8 & 6
          4. Good move. Would be a great move but it made me think of Eric Armstrong and his weak ass game.
          3. The behind the back dribble to the "Kobe-split" to behind the back pass. Awesome. The only thing that would be better if he had passed to Ariza for an impressive dunk, instead he had the Caveman.
          2. Nasty
          1. Weak, at least for a #1 pick for a highlight video
          4. Is just good? That was a huge play in a huge playoff game.

          When is LeBrominquesanity going to develop the mid range game? People forget he's not the teen sensation anymore. He's mid 20's with 6 years in the league now.

          Take away his points in the paint and he's a woeful shooter. He's not even average from 3 point land. He scores a few more points per game and collects an extra board or two and dishes and extra assist or two than Vince. That comparison hit too close didn't it? Imagine if Vince were a bit stronger and bigger in his prime. Could you distinguish the two on the offensive end? Bron has much better court vision there's no question. He can make passes that Vince could only dream of. But as far as their offensive skills, they have the same repertoire.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #1145
            "I'm allergic to losers." lol.

            [YOUTUBE]r-63R0T6N1k[/YOUTUBE]
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #1146
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              "I'm allergic to losers." lol.

              [YOUTUBE]r-63R0T6N1k[/YOUTUBE]
              LOL! Good find.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #1147
                Shaq clarifies things last night....Laker Haters lose another bullet:

                What kobe said to magic is true, I wouldn't of won it without him fish and robert horry, and b shaw and fox and everybody dynasty baby
                then earlier today, he tweets:

                "thats right i am saying it today and today only, i want kobe bryant to get number 4, spread da word."
                It is good to see all the cosmic forces aligning. Eventually, Truth prevails.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • FN Phat
                  I ♥ gateway sex
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 8691

                  #1148
                  Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  4. Is just good? That was a huge play in a huge playoff game.

                  When is LeBrominquesanity going to develop the mid range game? People forget he's not the teen sensation anymore. He's mid 20's with 6 years in the league now.

                  Take away his points in the paint and he's a woeful shooter. He's not even average from 3 point land. He scores a few more points per game and collects an extra board or two and dishes and extra assist or two than Vince. That comparison hit too close didn't it? Imagine if Vince were a bit stronger and bigger in his prime. Could you distinguish the two on the offensive end? Bron has much better court vision there's no question. He can make passes that Vince could only dream of. But as far as their offensive skills, they have the same repertoire.
                  I think it has more to do with you realizing that KB24 has been replaced as the premier player in the league. His reign is over. It is time for the King to be appointed.

                  Just a few stats to chew on...

                  Vince Carter in his 6th year in the league:
                  22.5 ppg, .41 fg%, .38 3 pt%, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg, 1.2 stl, .9 blk, 3 to

                  LeBron in his 6th year in the league:
                  28.4 ppg, .48 fg%, .34 3 pt%, 7.6 rpg, 7.2 apg, 1.7 stl, 1.1 blk, 2.98 to

                  More than a few points per, more than a rebound or two, more than a dime or two. I have a better comparison to Vince, just for you:

                  Kobe Bryant in his sixth year in the league:
                  25.2 ppg, .46 fg%, .25 3pt%, 5.5 rpg, 5.5 apg, 1.5 stl, .4 blk, 2.9 to

                  That comparison hit too close didn't it?
                  I'm your huckleberry.


                  "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                  Comment

                  • FN Phat
                    I ♥ gateway sex
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 8691

                    #1149
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    "I'm allergic to losers." lol.

                    [YOUTUBE]r-63R0T6N1k[/YOUTUBE]
                    That is some funny shiz.
                    I'm your huckleberry.


                    "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                    Comment

                    • SoCalCoug
                      Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 5214

                      #1150
                      Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                      I think it has more to do with you realizing that KB24 has been replaced as the premier player in the league. His reign is over. It is time for the King to be appointed.

                      Just a few stats to chew on...

                      Vince Carter in his 6th year in the league:
                      22.5 ppg, .41 fg%, .38 3 pt%, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg, 1.2 stl, .9 blk, 3 to

                      LeBron in his 6th year in the league:
                      28.4 ppg, .48 fg%, .34 3 pt%, 7.6 rpg, 7.2 apg, 1.7 stl, 1.1 blk, 2.98 to

                      More than a few points per, more than a rebound or two, more than a dime or two. I have a better comparison to Vince, just for you:

                      Kobe Bryant in his sixth year in the league:
                      25.2 ppg, .46 fg%, .25 3pt%, 5.5 rpg, 5.5 apg, 1.5 stl, .4 blk, 2.9 to

                      That comparison hit too close didn't it?
                      So, in their 6th year, Kobe was 3 ppg, 2 rpg and 2 apg away from LeBron - so, about a Roko Ukic difference between the two.

                      Interestingly, on the 3 pt %, Kobe .305 on 3's the year before, and .383 the year after. Also, the next year, he averaged 6.9 rebounds and 5.9 assists per game.

                      By the way, Kobe's 6th year saw him earn his 3rd championship ring. And, he had to share the ball with the most dominant center in the league.

                      And don't forget, it was Kobe's late-game heroics that made the difference for the Lakers in the conference finals and the NBA finals that year.

                      http://www.nba.com/games/20020512/LALSAS/recap.html

                      How did LeBron do in that regard in his 6th NBA season?
                      If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

                      "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

                      "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #1151
                        Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                        So, in their 6th year, Kobe was 3 ppg, 2 rpg and 2 apg away from LeBron - so, about a Roko Ukic difference between the two.

                        Interestingly, on the 3 pt %, Kobe .305 on 3's the year before, and .383 the year after. Also, the next year, he averaged 6.9 rebounds and 5.9 assists per game.

                        By the way, Kobe's 6th year saw him earn his 3rd championship ring. And, he had to share the ball with the most dominant center in the league.

                        And don't forget, it was Kobe's late-game heroics that made the difference for the Lakers in the conference finals and the NBA finals that year.

                        http://www.nba.com/games/20020512/LALSAS/recap.html

                        How did LeBron do in that regard in his 6th NBA season?
                        And Shaq just admitted today that there is no way he would have won those rings without Kobe. This is turning out to be a great season for the Lakers!
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • il Padrino Ute
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 19161

                          #1152
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          And Shaq just admitted today that there is no way he would have won those rings without Kobe. This is turning out to be a great season for the Lakers!
                          But Shaq didn't need Kobe in Miami.

                          Shaq > Kobe
                          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #1153
                            Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                            But Shaq didn't need Kobe in Miami.

                            Shaq > Kobe
                            Shaq is bigger than Kobe, I don't think anyone will deny that. That is one of the reasons the Lakers got rid of him. And Miami, too.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • il Padrino Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 19161

                              #1154
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Shaq is bigger than Kobe, I don't think anyone will deny that. That is one of the reasons the Lakers got rid of him. And Miami, too.
                              Shaq ability to win a title > Kobe's ability to win a title.
                              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                              Comment

                              • FN Phat
                                I ♥ gateway sex
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 8691

                                #1155
                                Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                                So, in their 6th year, Kobe was 3 ppg, 2 rpg and 2 apg away from LeBron - so, about a Roko Ukic difference between the two.

                                Interestingly, on the 3 pt %, Kobe .305 on 3's the year before, and .383 the year after. Also, the next year, he averaged 6.9 rebounds and 5.9 assists per game.

                                By the way, Kobe's 6th year saw him earn his 3rd championship ring. And, he had to share the ball with the most dominant center in the league.

                                And don't forget, it was Kobe's late-game heroics that made the difference for the Lakers in the conference finals and the NBA finals that year.

                                http://www.nba.com/games/20020512/LALSAS/recap.html

                                How did LeBron do in that regard in his 6th NBA season?
                                Surfah was making it a point to compare stats. Not rings. That seems to be the go to w/you Laker Fans. It is almost as if it is the only bullet in your gun. I am not, nor have I ever, denied the vital role that Kobe played in the championships.

                                Quick question though, when you play with the most dominate center in the game, how do you only manage 25% from the 3? I would have to make an arguement that LBJ would be able to manage better from the outside. As he has never shot that bad from behind the arc.
                                I'm your huckleberry.


                                "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                                Comment

                                Working...