Lakers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #916
    Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
    That is awesome.
    Ah....sweet music to my ears. The commiserating of Laker haters as the Lakers advance yet again to another conference finals! As usual, it is ALL about the Lakers!
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #917
      Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
      This avatar disturbs me, but I wanted to go away from the obvious...
      That is offensive.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • smokymountainrain
        Impressive Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22593

        #918
        I hope the sleeping giant that is Andrew Bynum didn't get awakened today. I feel like Lakers probably need him to beat a team as good as Denver.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #919
          Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          I hope the sleeping giant that is Andrew Bynum didn't get awakened today. I feel like Lakers probably need him to beat a team as good as Denver.
          Don't worry. The sleeping giant will likely take several naps over the coming week.

          The Nuggets are a tough matchup. I am looking for Nene and Martin to really bully the Lakers around in the paint.

          The local media is already talking about how this upcoming matchup with Billups will be "much better" for Fisher. Yikes. How much longer do we have to keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole? Billups is going to have a great series if Fisher is his primary defender.

          Birdman should be a big X factor for the Nuggets.

          You are right, though. It is clear that when Bynum is clicking, the Lakers are next to impossible to stop. Also, not sure why Gasol decided to play with so much focus and energy, but I hope that carries over into Game 1. When Pau demands the ball in the post, good things happen. When he hangs outside of the key and shoots 12 footers, not so much.

          The Lakers cannot afford any mental lapses or games off in this next series. If they do, the season is over for them.

          Last edited by TripletDaddy; 05-17-2009, 04:04 PM.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • RockyBalboa
            Banned
            • Nov 2008
            • 2127

            #920
            End of the road for Denver...Lakers in 5, maybe 6.

            Comment

            • HBCoug
              Peanut Gallery Asshat
              • Dec 2008
              • 2082

              #921
              Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
              End of the road for Denver...Lakers in 5, maybe 6.
              I think they'll get by Denver too. It's pretty rare to go from getting swept in the 1st round one year to the NBA Finals the next. Teams usually take baby steps. I'll take LA in 7 since they really haven't proven they care to play every night.

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #922
                Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                I think they'll get by Denver too. It's pretty rare to go from getting swept in the 1st round one year to the NBA Finals the next. Teams usually take baby steps. I'll take LA in 7 since they really haven't proven they care to play every night.
                LA in 7 sounds good. Split, split, then home team wins out.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • Donuthole
                  Official Outgayer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 25268

                  #923
                  I'm trying to decide what was more boring: today's LAL-HOU game, or Kobe Doin' Work. Tought call.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                  There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #924
                    LA dominates in Game 7 win

                    http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,3975955.story

                    Lakers show up

                    http://www.dailynews.com/lakers/ci_12387124

                    Artest wants to remain a Rocket. Landry cries.





                    Rockets gone fishin'

                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #925
                      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      I'm trying to decide what was more boring: today's LAL-HOU game, or Kobe Doin' Work. Tought call.
                      Not a tough call at all.

                      Watching paint dry > Kobe: Doin' Work

                      At least today's game had some interesting commercials. Kobe: Doin' Work didn't even have the decency to give us a few commercial breaks.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Donuthole
                        Official Outgayer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 25268

                        #926
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        Kobe: Doin' Work didn't even have the decency to give us a few commercial breaks.
                        That was brutal. I'll admit, I only made it to 'halftime' on KDW before deleting it off my DVR.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #927
                          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          That was brutal. I'll admit, I only made it to 'halftime' on KDW before deleting it off my DVR.
                          You are a bigger fan than I, it seems. I stopped before halftime, then skipped ahead at about 15 minutes increments, stopping to watch for about 10 seconds or so each time. I noticed that it was still more of the same game analysis.

                          I did stop at the very end to watch Kobe drive away in his white Range Rover.

                          I am perplexed as to how that project was greenlighted. Next time someone has the urge to do one of those documentaries, they should sit down in a chair and have someone describe an entire NBA game to them, realtime, with no breaks.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #928
                            Gasol ready for Kenyon Martin (that remains to be seen.....)

                            http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw...,4380730.story

                            Battier thinks Nuggets have not been tested yet in the playoffs

                            http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,3975955.story

                            Jeanie Buss is an annoying girlfriend

                            http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...5699191.column

                            Plaschke back on the bandwagon

                            http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...6038623.column

                            Rockets give LA a dose of reality

                            http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...6672118.column

                            Bynum excited...but which Bynum will show up?

                            http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,6102861.story

                            Nuggets say they can beat the Lakers

                            http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,2205128.story

                            Lakers Blog....Series preview against Denver

                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • HBCoug
                              Peanut Gallery Asshat
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 2082

                              #929
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Gasol ready for Kenyon Martin (that remains to be seen.....)

                              http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw...,4380730.story

                              Battier thinks Nuggets have not been tested yet in the playoffs

                              http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,3975955.story

                              Jeanie Buss is an annoying girlfriend

                              http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...5699191.column

                              Plaschke back on the bandwagon

                              http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...6038623.column

                              Rockets give LA a dose of reality

                              http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...6672118.column

                              Bynum excited...but which Bynum will show up?

                              http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,6102861.story

                              Nuggets say they can beat the Lakers

                              http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,2205128.story

                              Lakers Blog....Series preview against Denver

                              http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakers...m-nuggets.html
                              The cynical side of me really likes the way Simers writes sometimes. He's the guy you can count on to not hang on Phil's nuts, and to basically call it like it is. He summed up my thoughts on the Rockets series pretty well. In the Phil Jackson era, I can remember one time when the Lakers gave a crap almost every game. That was the year they went 16-1 through the playoffs, Fisher hit every open jumper he had, and a clearly overmatched Philly team took game 1 of the Finals against a Laker team that (shockingly) didn't give a crap that night. These guys truly personify their coach. A red ass like Sloan would have a heart attack 20 games in to the season coaching these Lakers.

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #930
                                Kriegel: Lakers show talent, need to show more heart



                                Is Kobe-Lebron final still on track?

                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...