Lakers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hsaru
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 1109

    #901
    The 3 minutes I watched were unbearable, Kobe just complaining about fouls and cheap moves defenders were doing....yawn.

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #902
      Originally posted by scottie View Post
      Was there much about him doing all the dirty work? (Not being sarcastic, wondering if they even hit the title of the "documentary.")
      It had nothing to do with anything really. It wasn't Kobe just complaining about fouls. He spent half the time in a Spurs love fest for how good they all are. He noted fouls, he noted bad shots, good shots, screens, picks, tendencies of Lakers players and Spurs players, etc. But overall it was boring.

      It was the rebroadcast of pretty much the entire game between the Spurs and the Lakers. And Kobe commenting on all the plays. Plus the camera goes into the locker room and we get to see all the team watching highlights at half-time.

      This thing seemed to be billed as a documentary about Kobe....kind of like a day in the life sort of thing. Instead, it really wasn't about Kobe, but rather it was Kobe describing the Lakers offense to the viewer. Interesting for 15 minutes or so, but not for 90 minutes. Apparently, I must have totally misread the promotion for this show. I kept waiting for something interesting to happen.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #903
        This one is on Jax...Plaschke takes him to task. yes!

        http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...5252189.column

        He must read CUF

        But if the Lakers lose today, nobody has more explaining to do.
        All the Pressure is on the Lakers

        http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...6151072.column
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
          Time to camp
          • Nov 2008
          • 26082

          #904
          I hope AB wore his red suit. This kid is one of my favorite Ducks, and if the Rockets win today I think he is on par with Terrell Brandon as the best Duck pro in the modern era.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #905
            Fisher....bad airball and missed layup so far in the first few minutes.

            I hope he plays heavy minutes today!
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #906
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Fisher....bad airball and missed layup so far in the first few minutes.

              I hope he plays heavy minutes today!
              ok, never mind. he can stay for a few more minutes...
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #907
                I just had the craziest epiphany.

                Work with me on this one......

                It seems that if the Lakers are playing a team with a 6' 6" center and they continually pound the ball inside to their 7 footers, they appear to have more success than settling for outside jump shots. Also, when they play with urgency and effort, they seem to have more success. Who would have known?

                I love CUF because this is the place where we can throw out these crazy theories.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #908
                  Looks like the Rockets have given up.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • CardiacCoug
                    вот так штука
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 11013

                    #909
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    Looks like the Rockets have given up.
                    They overachieved just to push the series this far.

                    Lakers-Nuggets should be a great series.

                    Comment

                    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                      Time to camp
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26082

                      #910
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Looks like the Rockets have given up.
                      I fell asleep on the couch in the first quarter, looks like it never got any better. Seems like Pau (POW!) is playing a great game.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #911
                        Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                        They overachieved just to push the series this far.

                        Lakers-Nuggets should be a great series.
                        Oh, I wasn't casting aspersions, believe me. The Rockets were great in this series.

                        I was just noting the look on their faces, esp Scola. He is also throwing down some frustration fouls now.

                        I really hope the Lakers, and Lakers fans, don't celebrate this win. This series was an abomination for the Lakers.

                        The Nuggets will be tough. Either team can win that one, easy. Nuggets are playing so well in the post-season. I would like to think that this series was wake-up call for the Lakers, but then again, they should not have needed a wake-up call.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #912
                          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          I fell asleep on the couch in the first quarter, looks like it never got any better. Seems like Pau (POW!) is playing a great game.
                          17 and 17 so far and game is not over.

                          Wau!
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Fiyero
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 5266

                            #913
                            The Rockets didn't want to be there. All the best players come from Texas anyway so they had no motivation to perform in California. Also if their starting center hadn't been out they would have scored at least 28 more points. But it was a lose-lose situation regardless, so why even bother? The Houston fans should also take a good part of the blame for not traveling better or motivating the team.

                            Fortunately for Lakers fans, Kobe has a history of performing in Colorado.

                            Comment

                            • FN Phat
                              I ♥ gateway sex
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 8691

                              #914
                              Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                              Fortunately for Lakers fans, Kobe has a history of performing in Colorado.
                              That is awesome.
                              I'm your huckleberry.


                              "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                              Comment

                              • HBCoug
                                Peanut Gallery Asshat
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 2082

                                #915
                                It's good to see they can play defense and give a damn every other game. Here's hoping that isn't the approach against Denver.

                                This avatar disturbs me, but I wanted to go away from the obvious...

                                Comment

                                Working...