Lakers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blueintheface
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 15382

    #4156
    Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
    This thread is getting awesome. Laker fans wanting to blow up a team that has won two NBA titles in the last 25 months, and a guy in Brazil playing Internet tough guy over his (newfound?) love of Texas and it's teams. Now I know why this is one of the greatest threads in CUF history.
    I think it's all in an effort by DDD to get this thread to surpass the post count of the Jazz thread. I mean haven't you ever noticed that DDD and Viking are never in the same room together? That should be your first clue.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #4157
      Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
      This thread is getting awesome. Laker fans wanting to blow up a team that has won two NBA titles in the last 25 months, and a guy in Brazil playing Internet tough guy over his (newfound?) love of Texas and it's teams. Now I know why this is one of the greatest threads in CUF history.
      This. Except it's always been awesome. It really is the greatest thread ever here.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • SeattleUte
        Faith crisis consultant
        • Nov 2008
        • 20837

        #4158
        3D and Surfah, I'm sorry the Lakers lost. I'm sure they'll be back.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

        --Jonathan Swift

        Comment

        • MartyFunkhouser
          Disciple of RNGesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 18753

          #4159
          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          [YOUTUBE]SXsac-xLkdU[/YOUTUBE]
          All I see there is Dirk going in to set one of his illegal screens and Odom decking him in the chest. I don't blame Odom for going after Dirk in that situation. It has to be tiring to keep having illegal screen after illegal screen set on you. Odom did what every single player in the NBA should do to Dirk.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

          Comment

          • il Padrino Ute
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 19161

            #4160
            DDD and Surfah, I'm happy the Lakers got their ass kicked and I hope that that franchise falls so far that it eventually believes that striving to be the Clippers would be a great accomplishment.
            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment

            • Jarid in Cedar
              CS Institutional Memory
              • Jun 2009
              • 13234

              #4161
              Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              This. Except it's always been awesome. It really is the greatest thread ever here.


              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

              -Rick Majerus

              Comment

              • MartyFunkhouser
                Disciple of RNGesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 18753

                #4162
                Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                DDD and Surfah, I'm happy the Lakers got their ass kicked and I hope that that franchise falls so far that it eventually believes that striving to be the Clippers would be a great accomplishment.
                I partially agree. As long as there is someone left out there that can take out the Heat, I'm very happy with this development. If the Heat go on to win a championship, I won't be happy.

                You think that Kobe Bryant and the Lakers are insufferable, just wait until Bron Bron wins his first title.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

                Comment

                • Maximus
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 6021

                  #4163
                  Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                  All I see there is Dirk going in to set one of his illegal screens and Odom decking him in the chest. I don't blame Odom for going after Dirk in that situation. It has to be tiring to keep having illegal screen after illegal screen set on you. Odom did what every single player in the NBA should do to Dirk.
                  lol so he preempted an illegal screen? How did he know the screen was going to be illegal? If everyone did that against illegal screens, the NBA would look like football.

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #4164
                    Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                    lol so he preempted an illegal screen? How did he know the screen was going to be illegal? If everyone did that against illegal screens, the NBA would look like football.
                    It is pretty obvious that it was going to be illegal.

                    Lamar Odom simply put on his hard hat and went to work. Haters gotta hate, I guess.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • MartyFunkhouser
                      Disciple of RNGesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 18753

                      #4165
                      Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                      lol so he preempted an illegal screen? How did he know the screen was going to be illegal? If everyone did that against illegal screens, the NBA would look like football.
                      It was set by Dirk Nowitzki that is how I know it was going to be illegal. I'm not sure that Nowitzki has ever set a legal pick.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

                      Comment

                      • Babs
                        Not a Lawyer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 17128

                        #4166
                        Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                        Ha! My wife has that same tote! At least he has good taste.
                        Ah, but does she sport TWO? It also looks like he has one in each hand, as well. At least you know what to get him for fathers day...

                        Comment

                        • Blueintheface
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 15382

                          #4167
                          Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                          It was set by Dirk Nowitzki that is how I know it was going to be illegal. I'm not sure that Nowitzki has ever set a legal pick.
                          [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryG0vnzHYq8"]YouTube - Dirk Nowitzki picks his nose[/nomedia]
                          Last edited by Blueintheface; 05-09-2011, 02:49 PM.
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                          Comment

                          • Viking
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 6470

                            #4168
                            Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                            This thread is getting awesome. Laker fans wanting to blow up a team that has won two NBA titles in the last 25 months, and a guy in Brazil playing Internet tough guy over his (newfound?) love of Texas and it's teams. Now I know why this is one of the greatest threads in CUF history.
                            You are clearly not a student of my posts nor of my history. DDD is, which is why he's having a ball taunting me about not being a real Mavs fan.

                            Them's FIGHTING WORDS

                            Comment

                            • BGRTHNUMEGO
                              Junior Member
                              • May 2010
                              • 3670

                              #4169
                              Good work, "experts".

                              Comment

                              • San Juan Sun
                                Kicked to the curb
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 9214

                                #4170
                                Originally posted by Viking View Post
                                You are clearly not a student of my posts nor of my history. DDD is, which is why he's having a ball taunting me about not being a real Mavs fan.

                                Them's FIGHTING WORDS
                                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                                - Ty Cobb

                                Comment

                                Working...