The Official Jimmerphilia Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dixdog
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 112

    #2011
    Jimmer was the # 3 search on Yahoo this morning; though he moved to # 7 shortly thereafter.

    Comment

    • Art Vandelay
      Striving for mediocrity
      • Jul 2009
      • 10516

      #2012
      Who knows if this true, I would like to hope it is. Major kudos to whoever this guy is. We are all tough guys online (except LAUte he is always cute and cuddly) but it takes cajones to actually confront someone in real life. It sounds like he was civil but not intimidated by the greatness (in his mind. I haven't read him since he left the back page of SI) that is RR.

      Comment

      • Coach McGuirk
        1
        • Nov 2008
        • 12109

        #2013
        Jimmer today received two more national honors, as he was named to the ten-man John R. Wooden Award All-American Team, and named as recipient of the Adolph Rupp Award, given by the Commonwealth Athletic Club of Kentucky to college basketball's National Player of the Year.
        http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=14943717

        Comment

        • Blueintheface
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 15382

          #2014
          I was at the Salt Lake Airport last night in my Jimmer gear (sans leg warmers) and got more than a few 'air pistols' and 'addaboys'. Yes, even in Salt Lake Jimmer is an icon.

          His reach is limitless.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

          Comment

          • cougjunkie
            *Banned*
            • Nov 2008
            • 23223

            #2015
            Saw this sign today:

            *Banned*

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #2016
              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Saw this sign today:

              Someone should send that to Reilly.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • Art Vandelay
                Striving for mediocrity
                • Jul 2009
                • 10516

                #2017
                The sportsguy has a couple Jimmer references in his current column
                Bill Simmons: The non-contenders rule Part 1 of the NBA Power Poll - ESPN

                Originally posted by Bill Simmons
                The Mokeski: Given annually to the league's best white American player. Poor Kevin Love -- he thought he had this award locked up for like 13 straight years; now he's headed for a Bird-Magic situation with Jimmer Fredette.

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #2018
                  Jimmer takes home the Lowes Senior CLASS Award today too.



                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • SteelBlue
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8189

                    #2019
                    Which is the most prestigious POY award? There seem to be too many to count.

                    Comment

                    • Jarid in Cedar
                      CS Institutional Memory
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 13234

                      #2020
                      Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                      Which is the most prestigious POY award? There seem to be too many to count.
                      I would have to guess the Wooden Award
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                      -Rick Majerus

                      Comment

                      • Art Vandelay
                        Striving for mediocrity
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 10516

                        #2021
                        Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                        Which is the most prestigious POY award? There seem to be too many to count.
                        Generally, the Naismith is considered most comparable to the Heisman.

                        Comment

                        • Lost Student
                          BAND!
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4324

                          #2022
                          This morning Dan Patrick interviewed Arizona's coach. Asked him who was better, The Jimmer or Kemba. Coach said Jimmer (but praised both of them). Then at the end said "Jimmer for the offense, Kemba for total package."
                          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

                          Comment

                          • creekster
                            It is NOT a monkey!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22661

                            #2023
                            Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            Generally, the Naismith is considered most comparable to the Heisman.
                            ANd the vopting for that award doesnt take place until after the championship game, as I recall, correct?
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                            Comment

                            • Non Sequitur
                              Where did I put my bodkin
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5773

                              #2024
                              Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                              Which is the most prestigious POY award? There seem to be too many to count.
                              It's a toss-up between the WBC and the WBA.
                              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                              Comment

                              • smokymountainrain
                                Impressive Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22593

                                #2025
                                Did anybody hear the Jimmer interview on Petros and Money tonight? TripletDaddy?
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

                                Comment

                                Working...