The Official Jimmerphilia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
    The Onion's move into sports is a recent phenomenon. You'd be better off comparing number of games in HD between Miller and Fredette. It'd make your point useless all the same.
    It wouldn't have mattered. Jimmer transcends sports and has become a cultural phenomenon. He is truly The One.
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post

If BYU had any sense of humor, they would also do a male version of the t-shirt with the same phrase, but on the back of the shirt.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          If BYU had any sense of humor, they would also do a male version of the t-shirt with the same phrase, but on the back of the shirt.
          I don't get it.

Comment

• Jimmer Fredette is the clear frontrunner for national player of the year. Duke's Nolan Smith and Ohio State's Jared Sullinger can certainly end the season with higher-profile performances, but Fredette made quite a statement over the weekend. He played a complete game in as hostile environment as any of the aforementioned have personally played in this season. Fredette was targeted throughout the game by the passionate SDSU fans as well as the Aztec defense. Yet he played with four fouls, made 3s, scored 25 points and tied a season-high with nine assists in a convincing road win at San Diego State.

Fredette has handled himself at such a high level throughout the course of this season. He has been the focus for every opposing defense, yet has answered every opportunity and has put BYU in position to be a No. 1 seed. I'm not sure either or the aforementioned players or Connecticut's Kemba Walker (who doesn't need to have as thick a skin) could handle what Fredette has to deal with on the road. If he wins this honor, it would be a testament to a player who worked his tail off throughout his career to become a star.
            http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...rom-the-week-2

Comment

• Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
              It wouldn't have mattered. Jimmer transcends sports and has become a cultural phenomenon. He is truly The One.
              Finally you get it. Welcome aboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                I'm just wondering who is going to share MWC POW honors with Jimmer this week.
                Dariese Gary. In fact he may win it outright.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  I don't get it.

I think Triple's playing the old "say something obscure w/ possible but uncertain sexual connotations and see where it takes you!"

Or it might just fall in the category of an anti-joke.

My family has an old anti-joke with the anti-punchline "pass the soap, penguin" (it begins with "two penguins are sitting in a bathtub") but I can't remember what happens in bt the intro and one penguin telling the other to pass the soap.

And on another note - is BYU really, truly producing that t-shirt? Exhibit X in BYU's need for a few more worldly people around campus and in marketing discussions.
                  Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

• Where were you when you first encountered Jimmer-ness?

I have to credit Iman23 of CB for my early Jimmer awareness.

It was the summer of 2005 - the summer before Jimmer's junior year in high school - and I was visiting Iman23 and his fam in Northern Va. Iman23 is from upstate New York, not far from Jimmer Town (formerly Glens Falls) and I remember distinctly how he said it because Iman's got a way of clapping his hands, getting giddy and saying "Duuuude" when something good's going to happen to BYU sports.

He did that and said this in about as many words: "Duuuuude, there's this kid named Jimmer Fredette kind of near where I'm from, he can hit from anywhere, I think BYU will get him."

I remember asking - "JIMMER? - Not Jim? Or Jimmy? And what kind of name is Fredette?"

I felt myself elevated and edified already in that moment. Speaking the name alone has power.
                    Last edited by oxcoug; 02-28-2011, 07:50 AM.
                    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

• My first Jimmory was also via CB. Some guy brought up a BYU recruit from GF. Another guy said he had a story about this recruit. His ward ball team was playing the team from near GF, and they only had 4 players but asked if some guy's little brother could play, a fat deacon. Wanting to play, and assured of a victory, they said sure. Jimmer shot from everywhere and killed them.

Gotta find that post in the CB archives.

Comment

• Jimmer named co-player of the week, MWC. hehe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          Jimmer named co-player of the week, MWC. hehe.
                          With Tre'Von? This conference has zero credibility.

Gary deserved it over him.

Against UNLV he had 26/3/6 and 3 steals on 10-15 shooting.

Against TCU he had 32/3/9 on 11-14 shooting.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                            Jimmer named co-player of the week, MWC. hehe.
                            Tre'von Willis is the other player of the week, and why shouldn't he be. He scored 15 points on 3-3 three pointers in a win over Wyoming, but didn't even score the most points on his team. Chase Stanback scored 19 and had 11 rebounds.

I wonder what the metric for player of the week is.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• They should rename the award, "MWC Player of the Week besides Jimmer."

Of course, that would mean Jimmer could never win the award again.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Bill Walton likes the Jimmer

http://www.xx1090sandiego.com/common...o/40/27350.mp3

Comment

Working...
                                X