The Denver Broncos Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #91
    Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
    I met Vance Johnson today. I was walking down the hall at work and saw him with a child who was decked out in Broncos gear. I said "excuse me sir, but just so I know I'm not crazy, are you..." He cut me off and said "yes, I am". He was beyond nice, posing for a picture and then insisting on texting me one of his football pics. He's got to be almost 50 now, but looks very fit.
    One of the three amigos. Awesome.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

    Comment

    • DrumNFeather
      Invisible Swordsman
      • Nov 2008
      • 8854

      #92
      Tebow to the Jets for a 4th round pick.
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

      Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

      Comment

      • UtahDan
        *
        • Nov 2008
        • 14496

        #93
        Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
        Tebow to the Jets for a 4th round pick.
        Sanchize better be looking over his shoulder.

        Comment

        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
          Time to camp
          • Nov 2008
          • 26082

          #94
          Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
          I met Vance Johnson today. I was walking down the hall at work and saw him with a child who was decked out in Broncos gear. I said "excuse me sir, but just so I know I'm not crazy, are you..." He cut me off and said "yes, I am". He was beyond nice, posing for a picture and then insisting on texting me one of his football pics. He's got to be almost 50 now, but looks very fit.
          So you also have his phone number?
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

          Comment

          • dabrockster
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 10947

            #95
            Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
            Tebow to the Jets for a 4th round pick.
            All you get is a 4th round pick?? I just don't get it. Why not keep him? They have him for a very low price and he can be taught by the best and when Manning is done in a few years they possibly have a good solid QB that will be ready to run the offense..

            It seems Elway was itching to get rid of him no matter what.. We'll see how this pans out...

            Comment

            • DrumNFeather
              Invisible Swordsman
              • Nov 2008
              • 8854

              #96
              Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
              All you get is a 4th round pick?? I just don't get it. Why not keep him? They have him for a very low price and he can be taught by the best and when Manning is done in a few years they possibly have a good solid QB that will be ready to run the offense..

              It seems Elway was itching to get rid of him no matter what.. We'll see how this pans out...
              I guess they got a 6th too....but yeah.
              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

              Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

              Comment

              • Donuthole
                Official Outgayer
                • Nov 2008
                • 25266

                #97
                Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                All you get is a 4th round pick?? I just don't get it. Why not keep him? They have him for a very low price and he can be taught by the best and when Manning is done in a few years they possibly have a good solid QB that will be ready to run the offense..

                It seems Elway was itching to get rid of him no matter what.. We'll see how this pans out...
                Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                I guess they got a 6th too....but yeah.
                And then Manning gets injured and the fans are clamoring for Tebow and you're back where you were two years ago. The brilliance of landing Manning isn't just in landing an HOF-caliber QB, but in finding pretty much the only way to part ways with Tebow without an upheaval.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                Comment

                • DrumNFeather
                  Invisible Swordsman
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8854

                  #98
                  Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  And then Manning gets injured and the fans are clamoring for Tebow and you're back where you were two years ago. The brilliance of landing Manning isn't just in landing an HOF-caliber QB, but in finding pretty much the only way to part ways with Tebow without an upheaval.
                  It's the perfect storm for Elway, no question.
                  "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                  Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                  Comment

                  • dabrockster
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 10947

                    #99
                    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    And then Manning gets injured and the fans are clamoring for Tebow and you're back where you were two years ago. The brilliance of landing Manning isn't just in landing an HOF-caliber QB, but in finding pretty much the only way to part ways with Tebow without an upheaval.
                    I still see no downside in keeping him. If Manning goes down and they have no one at QB the potential of Elway losing his fan base is a real possibility..


                    I do see this gives him a easy out but not sure it was the right decision for his franchise.. That is a gamble they are taking..

                    Comment

                    • Donuthole
                      Official Outgayer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 25266

                      #100
                      Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                      I still see no downside in keeping him.
                      Tebow will never be the full-time QB of a Super-Bowl-winning team. Fans love him and want him to be the QB. That is the downside.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                      There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                      Comment

                      • landpoke
                        Never once baby snatched
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 4183

                        #101
                        Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                        I still see no downside in keeping him. If Manning goes down and they have no one at QB the potential of Elway losing his fan base is a real possibility..


                        I do see this gives him a easy out but not sure it was the right decision for his franchise.. That is a gamble they are taking..
                        Tebow would be virtually useless as a backup to Manning due to his inability to run a pro-style offense. And if Manning went down you couldn't just switch the offense over to a college style running attack to suit Tebow's strengths.

                        Right move and, honestly, a fair price. All this hype has blown his worth well out of proportion.
                        There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

                        Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

                        Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                        Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
                        …
                        Tomorrow is Saturday
                        And Sunday comes afterwards

                        Comment

                        • Hsaru
                          Junior Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 1109

                          #102
                          Why didn't the Broncos get any of the early quality FAs with all their cap money early on? They still could have afforded Peyton Manning. Now its just sifting through the crap thats left, why not pay a bit more for Mario Manningham than the 49ers who got him on the cheap, instead of being left with the scraps like Andre Caldwell?

                          Too focused on Manning to think about other FAs early on?
                          Last edited by Hsaru; 03-22-2012, 08:09 PM.

                          Comment

                          • Hsaru
                            Junior Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 1109

                            #103
                            So much for getting impact players in the draft.

                            Really a QB in the 2nd round? Don't know how Elway can honestly say to Manning he is building to win now with this pick... Get some legitimate pieces....

                            49ers looking like the better fit every day.

                            Comment

                            • Devildog
                              Motor Boatin' SOB
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 1239

                              #104
                              Originally posted by Hsaru View Post
                              So much for getting impact players in the draft.

                              Really a QB in the 2nd round? Don't know how Elway can honestly say to Manning he is building to win now with this pick... Get some legitimate pieces....

                              49ers looking like the better fit every day.
                              Please remember to stay off the bandwagon when the season starts. If you sit by me... I'm throwing you off.

                              I was indifferent about Heaps... but your rays of sunshine... SUCK.

                              The donkeys don't need your personnel decisions, they did need to fill some holes... and they did.

                              They will win the AFC West.
                              "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
                              -Thucydides

                              "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
                              -Miyamoto Musashi

                              Si vis pacem, para bellum

                              Comment

                              • Hsaru
                                Junior Member
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 1109

                                #105
                                Originally posted by Devildog View Post
                                Please remember to stay off the bandwagon when the season starts. If you sit by me... I'm throwing you off.

                                I was indifferent about Heaps... but your rays of sunshine... SUCK.

                                The donkeys don't need your personnel decisions, they did need to fill some holes... and they did.

                                They will win the AFC West.
                                The latest NFL News coverage - scores, schedules, fantasy football, injuries, mock drafts, and expert analysis on Sports Illustrated.


                                "Denver Broncos: Help us, Peyton Manning, you’re our only hope. This doesn’t feel like a draft that will put Denver over the top. DT Derek Wolfe fills a need, but Jerel Worthy or Devon Still would have been safer picks, and the Brock Osweiler selection at 57 makes absolutely no sense. Grade: D"



                                "Denver Broncos Grade (C)
                                Key picks: DT Derek Wolfe, RB Ronnie Hillman.

                                Wolfe fills their biggest defensive need, and they also had a void for a third-down back. It's just after the Peyton Manning signing, their draft lacks short-term luster."

                                Exactly what I've been saying, but there is always the NFL fan who will say the draft was good regardless of what the team does. The Broncos draft was not a good short-term draft which is disappointing if you wanted the Manning/Broncos marriage to produce a super bowl.

                                Comment

                                Working...