Let's put the Kobe/LeBron thing in perspective

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #76
    Ranking the best Finals teams.



    Not surprisingly, the 1996 Bulls (the only team to ever lead the league in both offensive and defensive efficiency) come out on top. Immediately followed by the '87 Lakers squad.

    Would definitely be exciting to watch.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • MarkGrace
      Grooveshark dick tease
      • Dec 2008
      • 31546

      #77
      24. 1997 Utah Jazz Score: 220.7

      Regular-season record: 64-18
      Postseason record: 13-7
      Avg. scoring margin: +8.8
      Avg. scoring margin, playoffs: +3.3
      Finals result: Lost to Chicago, 4-2 LEADERS
      Scoring: Karl Malone, 27.4 ppg
      Rebounds: Karl Malone, 9.9 rpg
      Assists: John Stockton, 10.5 apg
      Coach: Jerry Sloan

      If you're looking for the honorary "best team never to win a title," I'll go with the Stockton-to-Malone Jazz. This unit was their best team, winning 64 games by going 41-6 over its final 47 regular-season games, then knocking out the Barkley-Olajuwon-Drexler Rockets in six games in the conference finals.

      Unfortunately, their opponent in the Finals was a 69-win Bulls team with Michael Jordan. Despite that, the Jazz played them incredibly tough -- they were outscored by a mere four points over the course of the series, and two of their four losses were on last-second shots.
      *Sniff, sniff*
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

      Comment

      • MartyFunkhouser
        Disciple of RNGesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 18747

        #78
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Also:

        6
        5
        3
        2
        3
        0
        Let's just hope that that final number remains at zero. However, LeBron has them all beat already acquiring 5 crab championships.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

        Comment

        • MartyFunkhouser
          Disciple of RNGesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 18747

          #79
          Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post

          Why the hell would I read a Bill Simmons article? They are beyond drivel.
          I'm not sure a more true statement has ever been uttered on this forum.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #80
            Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            I'm not sure a more true statement has ever been uttered on this forum.
            Haters.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • MartyFunkhouser
              Disciple of RNGesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 18747

              #81
              Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              Haters.
              I cannot speak for Mark Grace, whether it be the terrible broadcaster or the message board poster, but I am proud to be labeled a Bill Simmons hater
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #82
                More fuel for the fire.
                Which players are the best in the closing moments with a game on the line? 82games.com seeks out the answers in this look at game winning shot stats.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                Working...