"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Starting at shooting guard for your Utah Jazz...Randy Foye!
    Gosh damn! It's like Corbin absorbed all Sloan's worst mentalities and tendencies, but didn't manage to pick up any of his good ones. This Jazz season might be the one that causes me to suffer an apoplectic attack. Sloan's Fisher/Giri experiment was merely a primer.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      Starting at shooting guard for your Utah Jazz...Randy Foye!
      Foye did get hot at practice yesterday. Got to start him because of that. And Foye can't play back-up PG because of how good Tinsley is.

Maybe Favors will have a shot at 6th man of the year.

Comment

• Is it still too late to get our PG from last year back?
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Sounds like Favors, Hayward, and Murphy are the stand outs in the scrimmage. Favors started the game by missing a shot but rebounding his miss and finishing, followed by two 3 point plays, all while being guarded by Millsap.

Mo and Jefferson sat out, Burks played some point, and I'm sure Foye and Marvin made tremendous leadership contributions.

Comment

• Booner said Tinsley has been the most impressive player in camp.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• The only real write up I've seen so far.

Hayward had 26ish points in the two twelve minute quarters and probably looked like the best player on the court. Composed and confident.

Favors was pretty quiet for most of the game, but finished some nice and ones.

Burks struggled at point guard with Tinsley guarding him, but had a sweet reverse windmill dunk at the end of the game.

Kanter moved more quickly, finished on the break and showed some decent range on his jumpshot. Still looked a bit baffled about what to do when faced with a double in the post.

Murphy shot well, but made some poor decisions at the end of the game.

Foye played decently. Had some nice passes, hit some shots, and had a couple good moves to the basket.

Marvin was also pretty quiet, but ran off screens well and managed to sneak away from Hayward (who was guarding him) for a couple buckets.

Millsap didn't play much, not many comments on him.

Evans missed a lot of free throws, but had one really nice pass to a baseline route.

Big Al and Mo sat out.

The scrubs were scrubs. Darnell Jackson had a couple decent finished in traffic.

Comment

• Ford attended and tweeted a few things.

Looks leaner. More toned. Getting more lift. RT @TysonSmith_801: Enes Kanter in the "best shape of his life"... For real!

Derrick Favors ' Gordon Hayward looking sharp and aggressive in 1st half. Jazz feel time spent with US Select team this summer was huge

Jazz trying Alec Burks at the point. So far ... pretty shaky. Jamaal Tinsley making it hard on him.

Kanter missing lots of reads on defense, but he's running the floor and finishing. Playing hard and looks like he's in great shape.

Kanter told me he lost more than 50 pounds this off-season. Wow!
                https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider

Comment

• I'm going to try really really hard not to be cynical about the Jazz until at least the last preseason game.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
                    Mo and Jefferson sat out, Burks played some point, and I'm sure Foye and Marvin made tremendous leadership contributions.

I'm apparently higher on the Marvin pick-up than you, but I'm still struggling to understand the Foye acquisition.

Comment

• I'm still struggling to understand the Mo Williams acquisition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post

I'm apparently higher on the Marvin pick-up than you, but I'm still struggling to understand the Foye acquisition.
                        I'm probably happier with the Ma. Williams acquisition than most, partly because I'm a Tar Heel homer, and partly because he's coming to Utah from one of the most abysmal offensive "systems" in the league. He isn't going to suddenly become an elite offensive player just by switching schemes, but getting away from the dribble-chuck-crash style in Atl and instead having his best skills (spot ups and cuts) fit in well will help him get closer to his ceiling. I also think the defense will be solid with Marvin at the 3, Hayward at the 2, and Favors in the paint.

I do still think KOC failed in not getting more considerations back in that trade. And ultimately I still fear what the front office's plan with the team is with the talk of keeping Mo around, the signing of Foye, not moving Jefferson or Millsap, and not getting a more established coaching presence on the bench next to Corbin. It will be great to get the 7 seed and then have the plan be to bring everyone back for "another run".

Comment

• I sure think that brooming we received last year was absolutely vital to the development of this team going forward.

Comment

• http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/loca...ideoid=3787605

Highlights from the scrimmage.

Comment

• Not just the Jazz, but I am not into the NBA at all this year. I've bailed out halfway on many articles and just can't seem to find the interest I've had in previous years.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
                                I'm probably happier with the Ma. Williams acquisition than most, partly because I'm a Tar Heel homer, and partly because he's coming to Utah from one of the most abysmal offensive "systems" in the league. He isn't going to suddenly become an elite offensive player just by switching schemes, but getting away from the dribble-chuck-crash style in Atl and instead having his best skills (spot ups and cuts) fit in well will help him get closer to his ceiling. I also think the defense will be solid with Marvin at the 3, Hayward at the 2, and Favors in the paint.

I do still think KOC failed in not getting more considerations back in that trade. And ultimately I still fear what the front office's plan with the team is with the talk of keeping Mo around, the signing of Foye, not moving Jefferson or Millsap, and not getting a more established coaching presence on the bench next to Corbin. It will be great to get the 7 seed and then have the plan be to bring everyone back for "another run".
                                Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the Marvin trade either. We should have received a decent (late first?) pick or some $$ for taking on his contract. But I like his game and think it can fit in well with the Jazz-if Corbin uses him wisely. But I doubt that will happen: I'm mystified by Corbin - he's not NBA coaching material.

Comment

Working...
                                X