Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    USF, San Diego, USF all looking good.

What’s the over/under on conference losses for BYU this season?

If somebody said 6 I would probably take the over.
    I say 6

Comment

• I haven't seen the last several games. Has Harding been starting, or is that new for today?
      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
        I haven't seen the last several games. Has Harding been starting, or is that new for today?
        He has started recently.

I like what BYU is doing so far here. This might be a good matchup.

Comment

• 21-21 turned into 23-33 pretty quickly.

Comment

• I'm sure the reason this team sucks is that they aren't buying into the offensive or defensive philosophy. Has nothing to do with coaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              I'm sure the reason this team sucks is that they aren't buying into the offensive or defensive philosophy. Has nothing to do with coaching.
              They must not be excited anymore about Emery being back.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                They must not be excited anymore about Emery being back.
                After watching him today, I can't say I blame them.

Comment

• So, it turns out we still suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    Pretty sure I said BYU is going to struggle to in OOC play. In fact I think I said they could legit have 7-8 losses heading in to WCC play.

5-3 right now. Potential losses:

@Weber
                    Utah State
                    Utah (Neutral floor)
                    @UNLV (T-Mobile but close enough)
                    @SDSU
                    @Miss State

Other than Portland State, they could lose all of these games. I actually think they win 2 out of 3 against the in-state teams. Utah is not good this year either. But they lose all 3 road games heading in to WCC play.

Puts them at 8-7 heading in to WCC play.
                    Told you.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Told you.
                      We were warned. This is not a good team.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Told you.
                        Impressive.

Comment

My thoughts after 1 game:

1. Rylan looked like garbage to me. He doesn't look like a D-1 talent at all.

2. Harding is a Jake Toolson clone. He will fit well in Dave Rose system.

3. Gavin Baxter is extremely long and I think he will be a very good player. However at least this year, he is going to play out of position.

4. Hardnett still looks like Tim Drisdom

5. TJ is TJ, Yo is Yo

6. The non-con schedule is insane, they might enter conference play 9-6 or 8-7.

7. Luke still sucks

8. Zac is still a liability on both ends of the floor. He is a one trick pony and that trick didn't work last year.

9. This team actually needs Nick Emery.

10. Nixon is Magnusson 2.0. Dave Rose has some Bronco in him, he loves those gritty guys. Reality is Dalton Nixon should be a 8-10th man on this team and he will start.
                          Bump.

Quick MVP update, 6% from three. Also his minutes have dropped he is now at 17 per game which is 7th on the team (See my post above about where he should be minutes wise, we are getting closer), he also no longer leads the team in fouls. He is 2nd.
                          Last edited by cougjunkie; 12-31-2018, 04:30 PM.
                          *Banned*

Comment

• Is Baxter hurt? Seems like a while since he's played much. And when he has played, he hasn't seemed very effective. Was hoping for more from him (and everyone else).
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Bump.

Quick MVP update, 6% from three. Also his minutes have dropped he is now at 17 per game which is 7th on the team (See my post above about where he should be minutes wise, we are getting closer), he also no longer leads the team in fouls. He is 2nd.
                              Nixon is injured and didn't dress for the last game so yah, your analysis is wanting. And my dog could've predicted they were going to struggle against this non-conference schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                                Nixon is injured and didn't dress for the last game so yah, your analysis is wanting. And my dog could've predicted they were going to struggle against this non-conference schedule.
                                They're struggling way more than they should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X