2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
    Lol foul on a 3 with BYU up 3 w/ 14 seconds left.
    Pretty garbage call.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Whew. I guess.

Comment

• I’ll take the W.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• I thought for sure Gallinat would draw that with time expiring.

Comment

• Haha. On a night when you can’t breathe without getting a foul called on you, Hardnett intentionally fouls a player while he’s receiving a pass and they don’t call it.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Haha. On a night when you can’t breathe without getting a foul called on you, Hardnett intentionally fouls a player while he’s receiving a pass and they don’t call it.
              Horrible officiating. Especially on that foul on Nick.

Phew. Glad they pulled it out.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Any win is a good win, especially for this team right now, so I'm glad they pulled it out.
                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                  Any win is a good win, especially for this team right now, so I'm glad they pulled it out.
                  Amen.

I actually thought the game was pretty well officiated...for the first 30 minutes. If that Pacific kid had made all his ill-gotten three free throws leading to a loss, I was going to be so pissed. Happy with a W.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    Amen.

I actually thought the game was pretty well officiated...for the first 30 minutes. If that Pacific kid had made all his ill-gotten three free throws leading to a loss, I was going to be so pissed. Happy with a W.

58 fouls. You enjoy having a foul called every 41 seconds for even the lightest of contact?
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• BYU badly needed to win a close game on the road--or any game on the road, for that matter, to hopefully gain a little mental toughness and confidence which has been a major problem for them this year. Of course St. Mary's will be harder, even though they're not as good this year as they normally are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

58 fouls. You enjoy having a foul called every 41 seconds for even the lightest of contact?
                        No, I don't. But into the second half I remember thinking that I didn't really disagree with any of the calls that had been made to that point, even though Pacific had many more free throw attempts up to that point. That changed in the final 10ish minutes of the game - several calls I disagreed with.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          No, I don't. But into the second half I remember thinking that I didn't really disagree with any of the calls that had been made to that point, even though Pacific had many more free throw attempts up to that point. That changed in the final 10ish minutes of the game - several calls I disagreed with.
                          All day long I have been watching people rage on twitter about how ridiculously that game was officiated. Not so much the balance (bad calls both ways) but the absurd volume of calls. You might be the only person who thought the officiating was good.

Comment

All day long I have been watching people rage on twitter about how ridiculously that game was officiated. Not so much the balance (bad calls both ways) but the absurd volume of calls. You might be the only person who thought the officiating was good.
                            It made it a miserable game.

I am glad I stayed up and watched despite how bad it was.. Nice to see Seljas hit a big shot - he has had a rough go of things in crunch time for some time.
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

All day long I have been watching people rage on twitter about how ridiculously that game was officiated. Not so much the balance (bad calls both ways) but the absurd volume of calls. You might be the only person who thought the officiating was good for the first 30ish minutes.
                              fify
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I admit I was too tired to stay awake at 10pm CT when the game started. When I suddenly woke up around midnight I grabbed my phone to check the score and saw it was tied with just over 2 minutes to go. So I watched the end. I was happy with the result, obviously, but somehow didn't feel bad about not having watched the rest of it, even though I've always been a BYU basketball fanatic. I hope they can find a groove now that the conference games have started.

Comment

Working...
                                X