Revenge is a dish best served at midnight EST: BYU vs. Valpo

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Flystripper
    Degenerate Gambler
    • Nov 2008
    • 14089

    #121
    Winnable game. Refs hurt us but we had a bunch of dumb plays as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

    Comment

    • old_gregg
      scaly man fish
      • Nov 2009
      • 16915

      #122
      dang. should have won that one.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

      Comment

      • Joe Public
        8.1 YPC
        • Apr 2011
        • 8524

        #123
        Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        Dammit Nick.
        He's such a chucker.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

        "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

        Comment

        • Flystripper
          Degenerate Gambler
          • Nov 2008
          • 14089

          #124
          This loss won't hurt us.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

          Comment

          • Lost Student
            BAND!
            • Nov 2008
            • 4324

            #125
            I think the announcer just said "the point will be mute." :dumb:
            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

            Comment

            • LiveCoug
              LA Ute loves me
              • Nov 2008
              • 18488

              #126
              Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
              This loss won't hurt us.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              It won't help us. We have very few opportunities for improving our ncaa tourney resume, so we have to win these games. No silver lining here.

              Comment

              • old_gregg
                scaly man fish
                • Nov 2009
                • 16915

                #127
                "this is a situation where byu has to take a three point shot"

                you serious clark?
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                Comment

                • LiveCoug
                  LA Ute loves me
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 18488

                  #128
                  Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  "this is a situation where byu has to take a three point shot"

                  you serious clark?
                  Yes. We are down 3, so a 2 pointer would not help us in this scenario.

                  Comment

                  • Flystripper
                    Degenerate Gambler
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 14089

                    #129
                    These announcers really are dumb but I have been tuning them out.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

                    Comment

                    • Lost Student
                      BAND!
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 4324

                      #130
                      Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      Yes. We are down 3, so a 2 pointer would not help us in this scenario.
                      I only hope Dave Rose is aware of this.
                      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

                      Comment

                      • Blueintheface
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 15382

                        #131
                        I'm surprised and grateful that ESPN would send their A-squad to a 10:00pm tipoff in an irrelevant tournament on the night before Thanksgiving. #westcoastrespect
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                        "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                        Comment

                        • jay santos
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 13652

                          #132
                          Sucks when every loss is so big. Not much margin of error, if we want to make tourney. We lost our cool there for a while.

                          Comment

                          • Omaha 680
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2011
                            • 11181

                            #133
                            Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            Sucks when every loss is so big. Not much margin of error, if we want to make tourney. We lost our cool there for a while.
                            I was happy to see them recover but we have some maturing to do. Good for Rose to sit Haws down for an extended period. Now if he can just get Nick to have a conscience about his shot selection...

                            Comment

                            • Commando
                              Explosivo
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 20748

                              #134
                              That margin for error was razor-thin. For example, we probably win if Davis doesn't get that really dumb foul. Or if Emery makes that first free throw on the 3-pointer foul. Or if Haws doesn't get the T. We can clean up a lot of that, so that's the good news. On to the next.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                              Comment

                              • Blueintheface
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2009
                                • 15382

                                #135
                                Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                That margin for error was razor-thin. For example, we probably win if Davis doesn't get that really dumb foul. Or if Emery makes that first free throw on the 3-pointer foul. Or if Haws doesn't get the T. We can clean up a lot of that, so that's the good news. On to the next.
                                Also, Guinn appears to have picked up the Zac Seljaas mantle, at least early in the season anyway.
                                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                                "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                                Comment

                                Working...