The official Dave Rice is a better coach than Special K thread..........

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blueintheface
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 15382

    #691
    Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    UNLV must have got their player benefits back to the the good ol' days of Tark. No wonder they cannot afford to fire Rice with all they are paying players and recruits.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

    Comment

    • BigPiney
      Huge Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 12367

      #692
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Tell us more about this Lone Pine thing. Never heard of it.
      Lone Pine is where they filmed Tremors. Wonderful film.

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69717

        #693
        Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        Lone Pine is where they filmed Tremors. Wonderful film.
        Home of the Golden Eagles!

        https://lphs-lpusd-ca.schoolloop.com/
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • BigPiney
          Huge Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 12367

          #694
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Home of the Golden Eagles!

          https://lphs-lpusd-ca.schoolloop.com/
          It is only 45 minutes from my house. Also it is where you go to hike Mt Whitney.

          Comment

          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
            Time to camp
            • Nov 2008
            • 26082

            #695
            Short term financing makes it possible to acquire highly sought-after domains without the strain of upfront costs. Find your domain name today.


            I pass Lone Pine every time I go play golf. Had I known their strong support of BYU is have stopped for stuff more often, I'll take the kids next week and let them feed the goats.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

            Comment

            • Topper
              Pre-Historic Man
              • Nov 2011
              • 11764

              #696
              Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post


              What does this response even mean?
              Downline analogy to filial following.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

              Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

              Comment

              • MartyFunkhouser
                Disciple of RNGesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 18754

                #697
                Larry Krystkowiak convinces a potential lottery pick in the 2015 NBA draft to stay for another year at the University of Utah.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

                Comment

                • CJF
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8497

                  #698
                  Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                  Larry Krystkowiak convinces a potential lottery pick in the 2015 NBA draft to stay for another year at the University of Utah.
                  Dick move.
                  A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                  Comment

                  • cougjunkie
                    *Banned*
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 23223

                    #699
                    Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                    Larry Krystkowiak convinces a potential lottery pick in the 2015 NBA draft to stay for another year at the University of Utah.
                    Too many underclassman declared. He knew the second he went to a real NBA camp he would get exposed. Smart move coming back. Kid averaged 9 and 7 and down the stretch shitty Bachynski was better than him.
                    *Banned*

                    Comment

                    • MartyFunkhouser
                      Disciple of RNGesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 18754

                      #700
                      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Too many underclassman declared. He knew the second he went to a real NBA camp he would get exposed. Smart move coming back. Kid averaged 9 and 7 and down the stretch shitty Bachynski was better than him.
                      Draft Express, even with all the declared underclassmen, had him projected as the 11th pick in the draft. They also have done some fantastic breakdowns of Poeltl including how great he played against Okafor.

                      I'm not surprised that a BYU fan would ignore the fact that Poeltl greatest contributions will be on the defensive end. Poeltl would be an awful fit for a team that you root for. He is going to help you win games 75-64 rather than lose games 94-90.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

                      Comment

                      • Bigfoot is Cain
                        Junior Member
                        • Sep 2013
                        • 89

                        #701
                        Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                        Draft Express, even with all the declared underclassmen, had him projected as the 11th pick in the draft. They also have done some fantastic breakdowns of Poeltl including how great he played against Okafor.

                        I'm not surprised that a BYU fan would ignore the fact that Poeltl greatest contributions will be on the defensive end. Poeltl would be an awful fit for a team that you root for. He is going to help you win games 75-64 rather than lose games 94-90.
                        You are absolutely right, he should have gone pro now. I don't agree with Kinahan very often, but I agreed with his point today that you are better off going when your stock is high. There will always be a ton of underclassmen declared, and there will always be a big name one and done player. Next year's draft class has some really good prospects. Even with my admitted BYU bias, if you are going to be a lottery pick then you should go for it. He can have better stats next year and the draft experts will just find more faults in his game and his stock could drop.

                        Comment

                        • wapiti
                          Junior Member
                          • Apr 2012
                          • 2064

                          #702
                          Originally posted by Bigfoot is Cain View Post
                          You are absolutely right, he should have gone pro now. I don't agree with Kinahan very often, but I agreed with his point today that you are better off going when your stock is high. There will always be a ton of underclassmen declared, and there will always be a big name one and done player. Next year's draft class has some really good prospects. Even with my admitted BYU bias, if you are going to be a lottery pick then you should go for it. He can have better stats next year and the draft experts will just find more faults in his game and his stock could drop.
                          Just curious, will the rookie contract get better when the salary camp jumps next year? Or is that set in stone until the CBA expires? If rookie contract moves up with the salary cap then there could be reason to stay in school one more year. If it doesn't then he's making a big mistake for not getting the clock ticking on the rookie contract.

                          Comment

                          • MartyFunkhouser
                            Disciple of RNGesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 18754

                            #703
                            Originally posted by Bigfoot is Cain View Post
                            You are absolutely right, he should have gone pro now. I don't agree with Kinahan very often, but I agreed with his point today that you are better off going when your stock is high. There will always be a ton of underclassmen declared, and there will always be a big name one and done player. Next year's draft class has some really good prospects. Even with my admitted BYU bias, if you are going to be a lottery pick then you should go for it. He can have better stats next year and the draft experts will just find more faults in his game and his stock could drop.
                            I'm not saying that he is making the right decision, but I'm certainly glad with his decision. I tend to agree, if you are projected as a lottery pick it is almost always in your best interest to declare.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

                            Comment

                            • MartyFunkhouser
                              Disciple of RNGesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18754

                              #704
                              Also, to get this thread back on track. If you are a player on a team with Dave Rice as the head coach, you should go as long as you are projected to be drafted. You aren't going to improve with Dave Rice's "coaching."

                              If you are a player for Larry Krystkowiak, you should go if you are projected as a lottery pick. If you are outside the lottery, you should consider coming back because you will be coached and improve as a player.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

                              Comment

                              • wapiti
                                Junior Member
                                • Apr 2012
                                • 2064

                                #705
                                Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                                Also, to get this thread back on track. If you are a player on a team with Dave Rice as the head coach, you should go as long as you are projected to be drafted. You aren't going to improve with Dave Rice's "coaching."

                                If you are a player for Larry Krystkowiak, you should go if you are projected as a lottery pick. If you are outside the lottery, you should consider coming back because you will be coached and improve as a player.
                                Evidence please. Dave Rice has a #1 overall pick to his credit. Krysko?

                                Comment

                                Working...