Larry Krystkowiak and the 2011-12 Utah Utes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #451
    Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
    Now that you mention it, there sure is a lot of BYU fan interest in this thread. As always, we are flattered.
    That sounds like something people tell their kids to say when they're being teased at school. It doesn't work.

    Comment

    • hostile
      lollygagger
      • Dec 2009
      • 5736

      #452
      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      Bump.
      Technically speaking, Sharp is not a transfer. He ceased being a student at Utah when he left on his mission. Since he did not sign his LOI and Financial Aid form on the same day he is free to attend any school he wants, without academic or athletic penalty.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

      "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

      Comment

      • YOhio
        Hipster Mode
        • Nov 2008
        • 26165

        #453
        Originally posted by hostile View Post
        Technically speaking, Sharp is not a transfer. He ceased being a student at Utah when he left on his mission. Since he did not sign his LOI and Financial Aid form on the same day he is free to attend any school he wants, without academic or athletic penalty.
        Good point. How about Official Utah BBall Diaspora Thread?

        Comment

        • wally
          <><><><><><><><>
          • Jun 2010
          • 4137

          #454
          Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
          I hope things work out for Sharp. I'm skeptical about the narrative being spun, however. The only D1 program that recruited him was Utah/Boylen, and that was only to walk on. Now the people who are saying he was an unrecognized star are also the ones who have an interest in that spin being true. Maybe Sharp will turn out to be the first player in memory to be lightly-recruited out of high school and then return from his mission vastly improved. We'll see.
          Sharp is probably scared to death of our intense, INTENSE, new coach. Especially after softening up on the mish. I don't care that he's gone to BYU.

          We only want men on our team that can withstand the intensity of Krysko's presence. I may even go to a game this year just to see if I have what it takes to stand in his sphere of intensity.

          I haven't been keeping up on him, but I am warming up to Krysko. And I ain't even a basketball kind of guy.

          Comment

          • LA Ute
            Receiver of Memory
            • Nov 2008
            • 19512

            #455
            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            That sounds like something people tell their kids to say when they're being teased at school. It doesn't work.
            But I got you to respond to me. I have learned that around here, that makes me clever.
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden


            "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


            "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

            Comment

            • U-Ute
              Non member
              • Aug 2009
              • 2071

              #456
              Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
              This is the unwritten rule Goat referred to
              Well, now you've gone and written it. Or cut and pasted someone else's writing of it to be accurate.

              So, what is its status now? I must know.

              Comment

              • U-Ute
                Non member
                • Aug 2009
                • 2071

                #457
                Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                They just produced the national player of the year and a sweet sixteen run. On top of that they were ESPNs hand picked Cinderella for most of the year. As a 17 or 18 year old kid **** looks way better to me than **** right now.
                Utah 2005 or BYU 2011?

                Comment

                • cougjunkie
                  *Banned*
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 23223

                  #458
                  Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
                  Utah 2005 or BYU 2011?
                  Bogut may have won NPOY but he never received half the recognition Jimmer did.

                  Jimmer was everywhere as was BYU. The Davies situation just added to the publicity.

                  Like we said earlier in the thread what have you done for me lately. Todays recruits were 11 and 12 years old when Utah made its last decent tourney run.
                  *Banned*

                  Comment

                  • LA Ute
                    Receiver of Memory
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19512

                    #459
                    Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
                    Well, now you've gone and written it. Or cut and pasted someone else's writing of it to be accurate.

                    So, what is its status now? I must know.
                    All I know is that Krysko should never have uttered a word that even hints at criticism of BYU.
                    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                    ― W.H. Auden


                    "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                    Comment

                    • U-Ute
                      Non member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 2071

                      #460
                      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Bogut may have won NPOY but he never received half the recognition Jimmer did.

                      Jimmer was everywhere as was BYU. The Davies situation just added to the publicity.
                      True. Plus, it isn't like it was unprecedented for Utah to have that kind of talent.

                      Like we said earlier in the thread what have you done for me lately. Todays recruits were 11 and 12 years old when Utah made its last decent tourney run.
                      Exactly. I was agreeing with your point. You just never know when the fates will turn on you.

                      Comment

                      • MartyFunkhouser
                        Disciple of RNGesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 18754

                        #461
                        Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                        A letter of intent for a preferred walk on is not binding. A letter of intent with a later financial aid award is also not binding (has to be at the same time). News reports accusing Sharp of exploiting a loophole to go to BYU ignore the fact that Utah exploited a loophole to bring Sharp in without a scholarship.

                        (Something that Bronco also does all the time)

                        I am very dubious of Sharp's talents, but for one thing. Someone at BYU must have evaluated his performance during his red shirt year, for them to wave him in. How would BYU know? Unless he is walking on at BYU so it cost them nothing.
                        I would not be at all surprised if Jim Boylen was involved in this at all. I wouldn't put it past him to help steer Sharp away from Utah. He has already tampered with other players, what is to stop him from giving Rose information about how Sharp did in his redshirt year.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

                        Comment

                        • KillerDog
                          a.k.a. K-dog
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 4196

                          #462
                          Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                          I would not be at all surprised if Jim Boylen was involved in this at all. I wouldn't put it past him to help steer Sharp away from Utah. He has already tampered with other players, what is to stop him from giving Rose information about how Sharp did in his redshirt year.
                          I wouldn't be surprised if Rose called Boylen for an assessment of Sharp.

                          Comment

                          • Blueintheface
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 15382

                            #463
                            Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                            I wouldn't be surprised if Rose called Boylen for an assessment of Sharp.
                            That seems more plausible. Whether what you suggest is true or not it seems to jibe with how I at least perceived his level of respect for Coach Rose and BYU.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                            "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                            Comment

                            • Goatnapper'96
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10924

                              #464
                              Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                              All I know is that Krysko should never have uttered a word that even hints at criticism of BYU.
                              I am not a real PR professional but it looks silly to appeal to "unwritten rules" when his own institution is unable to properly take care of the "written rules."

                              Besides that whining about "ill will" comes across as being a pussy. Go win games and one will not have to worry about unwritten rules. That is his job and the best way to get even in his chosen vocation. The guy has the mighty Pac-12 insignia on his court and BYU needs to be briefed on what all the lines on the courts of the WCC foes mean and Krysko is appealing to "unwritten rules?" Certainly he should get the memo that Utah is above this!
                              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                              -General George S. Patton

                              I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                              -DOCTOR Wuap

                              Comment

                              • LA Ute
                                Receiver of Memory
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 19512

                                #465
                                Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                                I am not a real PR professional but it looks silly to appeal to "unwritten rules" when his own institution is unable to properly take care of the "written rules."

                                Besides that whining about "ill will" comes across as being a pussy. Go win games and one will not have to worry about unwritten rules. That is his job and the best way to get even in his chosen vocation. The guy has the mighty Pac-12 insignia on his court and BYU needs to be briefed on what all the lines on the courts of the WCC foes mean and Krysko is appealing to "unwritten rules?" Certainly he should get the memo that Utah is above this!
                                Which reminds me: Are the walls out of bounds in WCC basketball courts?
                                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                                ― W.H. Auden


                                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                                Comment

                                Working...