I never really agreed with getting rid of Roger Reid.
2011-2012 BYU Basketball Thread
Collapse
X
-
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
--Jonathan Swift
-
If Roger Reid had even half the success of Steve Lavin, BYU wouldn't have axed him.Originally posted by SeattleUte View PostI never really agree with getting rid of Roger Reid.
Why would you be slagging on Lavin, a guy that was a regular to the Sweet Sixteen, yet be high on K, a guy who might win 7 games this year?
Let's look at Lavin's 7 years at the helm at fucla:
Year 1: Elite Eight
Year 2: Sweet 16
Year 3: First round
Year 4: Sweet 16
Year 5: Sweet 16
Year 6: Sweet 16
Year 7: losing season, fired.
Um, ok fucla. good job firing that guy. He was clearly not doing a good job.
Fitter. Happier. More Productive.
sigpic
Comment
-
You forgot my final four Lavin story. I actually like him very much.Originally posted by TripletDaddy View PostIf Roger Reid had even half the success of Steve Lavin, BYU wouldn't have axed him.
Why would you be slagging on Lavin, a guy that was a regular to the Sweet Sixteen, yet be high on K, a guy who might win 7 games this year?
Let's look at Lavin's 7 years at the helm at fucla:
Year 1: Elite Eight
Year 2: Sweet 16
Year 3: First round
Year 4: Sweet 16
Year 5: Sweet 16
Year 6: Sweet 16
Year 7: losing season, fired.
Um, ok fucla. good job firing that guy. He was clearly not doing a good job.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
--Jonathan Swift
Comment
-
Bracketology is out. We're in as a 12.
I'm not feeling very confident.
Comment
-
I'm surprised BYU isn't even among the last four in. If there are two or fewer conference tourney upset winners, I'm confident BYU's in. But three or more (very possible), it's the NIT.Originally posted by Omaha 680 View PostBracketology is out. We're in as a 12.
I'm not feeling very confident.
Comment
-
This leads me to believe that BYU is really an 11 seed, but Sunday play considerations knock it down to a 12 seed.Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View PostI'm surprised BYU isn't even among the last four in. If there are two or fewer conference tourney upset winners, I'm confident BYU's in. But three or more (very possible), it's the NIT.
Teams BYU does not want to see lose their conference tournament: Long Beach State, Oral Roberts. Creighton winning the Valley was huge. And any loss by a Big East (UConn, USF, West Virginia, Seton Hall) or a Big 10 (Northwestern) bubble team should be celebrated.
Ultimately, I think BYU gets in.
Comment
-
And it could get ugly on Thursday.Originally posted by Top Ute View PostThis leads me to believe that BYU is really an 11 seed, but Sunday play considerations knock it down to a 12 seed.
Teams BYU does not want to see lose their conference tournament: Long Beach State, Oral Roberts. Creighton winning the Valley was huge. And any loss by a Big East (UConn, USF, West Virginia, Seton Hall) or a Big 10 (Northwestern) bubble team should be celebrated.
Ultimately, I think BYU gets in.
"Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault
"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors
Comment
-
If this team makes it this year is a big success. Not quite huge but a good success. Given the injuries and the shuffling of the positions Rose has done a really good job. Making the tourney would be good for momentum but unless the opponent plays poorly, I don't see BYU winning.Originally posted by Blueintheface View PostAnd it could get ugly on Thursday.
Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
-General George S. Patton
I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
-DOCTOR Wuap
Comment
-
I think 25 wins with a team that couldn't shoot straight was a remarkable achievement. I lament not coach Rose' effort but rather what could have been given what we saw in Nov/Dec. I guessed at 20/21 wins but thought we might be at .500 entering 3A play. A nice surprise but we left wins on the court that is for sure.Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View PostIf this team makes it this year is a big success. Not quite huge but a good success. Given the injuries and the shuffling of the positions Rose has done a really good job. Making the tourney would be good for momentum but unless the opponent plays poorly, I don't see BYU winning."Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault
"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors
Comment
-
Well, back when Cleveland was first taking us back to the dance as 11-12 seeds, we faced our share of first round opponents who had guys go nuts on us and have career games. Maybe we're due for a crappy performance by our first round opponent.Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View PostIf this team makes it this year is a big success. Not quite huge but a good success. Given the injuries and the shuffling of the positions Rose has done a really good job. Making the tourney would be good for momentum but unless the opponent plays poorly, I don't see BYU winning.
Comment
-
The key to winning more tourney games is to be there more consistently. Eventually somebody will have a crappy game against you if you are always there.Originally posted by Omaha 680 View PostWell, back when Cleveland was first taking us back to the dance as 11-12 seeds, we faced our share of first round opponents who had guys go nuts on us and have career games. Maybe we're due for a crappy performance by our first round opponent.Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
-General George S. Patton
I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
-DOCTOR Wuap
Comment
-
Gerry Freaking Macnamara!Originally posted by Omaha 680 View PostWell, back when Cleveland was first taking us back to the dance as 11-12 seeds, we faced our share of first round opponents who had guys go nuts on us and have career games. Maybe we're due for a crappy performance by our first round opponent.

Comment
-
"Nobody listens to Turtle."-Turtlesigpic
Comment
-
Ugliness begins. Oral Roberts loses in Summit Conference semifinals. Another team to join BYU in a long, long wait until SS.Originally posted by Blueintheface View PostAnd it could get ugly on Thursday.
Over/under on ORU and Drexel both making the tournament is 0.5. I think one gets in, but not both.
Comment
Comment