OFFICIAL 2011 NCAA TOURNAMENT THREAD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DrumNFeather
    Invisible Swordsman
    • Nov 2008
    • 8854

    #541
    Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
    9 out of 11 eliminated after the first weekend. Yep, the Big East is definitely not overrated.
    To be fair, two were eliminated by conference bretheren...but yeah, Pitt screwed me over.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

    Comment

    • il Padrino Ute
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 19161

      #542
      Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
      To be fair, two were eliminated by conference bretheren...but yeah, Pitt screwed me over.
      That tells me that the only way a Big East team can advance is if it plays another Big East team. The Big East is like the France of college basketball.
      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

      Comment

      • Flystripper
        Degenerate Gambler
        • Nov 2008
        • 14089

        #543
        Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
        I couldn't agree more w/ Sir Charles. Does anyone know if he makes his bracket public? I may have to take some crib notes next year.
        he picked all big east teams. his bracket bleeds red and he is pissed that he bought the hype. They were making fun of his bracket on the show.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

        Comment

        • Flystripper
          Degenerate Gambler
          • Nov 2008
          • 14089

          #544
          Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          The inclusion of Barkley in the studio has been great and I think his ripping on the Big East will have some lasting effect on the perception. He didn't just barely start saying this, he's been saying since Selection Sunday.

          The fact of the matter is this:

          Marquette and Villanova probably shouldn't have even gotten into the tourney. I say this even though Marquette is in the sweet 16-- they beat Syracuse to get there. Georgetown, St. John's and Cincy were overseeded- they should have been 9-12 seeds. The fact these teams got 6 seeds over teams like UCLA and UW is a joke. WV should have been a 6 or 7. Syracuse should have been a 4.
          he had lots of big east teams advancing in his bracket.
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

          Comment

          • Katy Lied
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 9435

            #545
            I call one of my brackets the Big Least bracket. Every Big East team was downgraded two seeds. So if the team was a 6 seed, I figured they'd play like an 8 seed, and prognosticated accordingly.

            I should have downgraded 3 or 4 seeds.

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #546
              Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              I call one of my brackets.....
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • BoylenOver
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 9146

                #547
                This is a blog I enjoy, discussing the Big East's performance:

                http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...medium=twitter
                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                Comment

                • Katy Lied
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 9435

                  #548
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Have I broken an unwritten rule?

                  In other news, guess who is the steals leader of the NCAA tournament this year?



                  (read this on CB this morning)

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #549
                    Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                    Have I broken an unwritten rule?

                    In other news, guess who is the steals leader of the NCAA tournament this year?



                    (read this on CB this morning)
                    Depends, I suppose. I commented earlier about the person in the office that fills out multiple brackets with different scenarios then spends the week talking about how many correct picks he made, inevitably focusing on the most favorable bracket.

                    If you fill out multiple brackets, you are bound do do well in one of them, I suppose.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Katy Lied
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 9435

                      #550
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

                      If you fill out multiple brackets, you are bound do do well in one of them, I suppose.
                      Ahhh. I see. I'm guilty of this, since I'm running two brackets. I've always run two brackets, one with my heart and one with my head. My heart bracket always has BYU to the Sweet 16.

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #551
                        Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                        Ahhh. I see. I'm guilty of this, since I'm running two brackets. I've always run two brackets, one with my heart and one with my head. My heart bracket always has BYU to the Sweet 16.
                        That's not heart, baby....that is pure logic!!!

                        (I have the BY to the Elite 8, often referred to as The Great Eight by those that do not pick up on the alliterative pattern of Sweet Sixteen and Final Four)
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Coach McGuirk
                          1
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12109

                          #552
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          That's not heart, baby....that is pure logic!!!

                          (I have the BY to the Elite 8, often referred to as The Great Eight by those that do not pick up on the alliterative pattern of Sweet Sixteen and Final Four)

                          I refer to it as the Grape Ape.

                          Comment

                          • EuropeanFootballMale
                            Karate/Friendship Master
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 1339

                            #553
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            That's not heart, baby....that is pure logic!!!

                            (I have the BY to the Elite 8, often referred to as The Great Eight by those that do not pick up on the alliterative pattern of Sweet Sixteen and Final Four)
                            and turdy 32

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #554
                              Originally posted by EuropeanFootballMale View Post
                              and turdy 32
                              "Thrilling 32"
                              "Starting 64"
                              "Pathetic Play-Ins"
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • EuropeanFootballMale
                                Karate/Friendship Master
                                • Aug 2010
                                • 1339

                                #555
                                Titilating 2

                                Comment

                                Working...