OFFICIAL 2011 NCAA TOURNAMENT THREAD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sizzle
    #ThisIsY
    • Nov 2008
    • 9004

    #496
    Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
    yeah, I'm not so sure about the 5 second call there
    And I get that rules are rules but holy shiv that is not a call you make when it is close like that. You make sure if you err you err calling it at 5.2 seconds instead of 4.8 seconds.

    Comment

    • filsdepac
      No pun intended
      • May 2009
      • 1823

      #497
      Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
      And I get that rules are rules but holy shiv that is not a call you make when it is close like that. You make sure if you err you err calling it at 5.2 seconds instead of 4.8 seconds.
      The pundits said you can't call time out after 4 seconds, which is clearly when he did. I didn't know of that rule, but if that's the case, I think it's fair.

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #498
        As of the end of the arizona game, I'm ranked around 36000 in the country in espns challenge!
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • byu71
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22070

          #499
          According to one of the announcers you can't call the time out after the count gets to 4 seconds.

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #500
            Originally posted by byu71 View Post
            According to one of the announcers you can't call the time out after the count gets to 4 seconds.
            Then it was the right call.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • CardiacCoug
              вот так штука
              • Nov 2008
              • 11013

              #501
              Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
              I think we can officially say that VCU was a legit invite.
              A couple of 3 seeds are trailing 11 seeds right now -- Purdue is in big trouble.

              Makes you appreciate what BYU has done. Making the Sweet 16 is not easy. A lot of great teams don't make it every year and some of the teams that make it have to get a little lucky (like Duke and Arizona).

              Comment

              • MartyFunkhouser
                Disciple of RNGesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 18750

                #502
                Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                A couple of 3 seeds are trailing 11 seeds right now -- Purdue is in big trouble.

                Makes you appreciate what BYU has done. Making the Sweet 16 is not easy. A lot of great teams don't make it every year and some of the teams that make it have to get a little lucky (like Duke and Arizona).
                Making the sweet 16 is always impressive.



                Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

                Comment

                • Sizzle
                  #ThisIsY
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 9004

                  #503
                  Originally posted by filsdepac View Post
                  The pundits said you can't call time out after 4 seconds, which is clearly when he did. I didn't know of that rule, but if that's the case, I think it's fair.
                  How is it that Ive never heard that before and swear I've seen it happen? Is it a new rule? Is my basketball being confused with NBA?

                  Comment

                  • PaloAltoCougar
                    Semper infra dignitatem
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 16936

                    #504
                    Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                    How is it that Ive never heard that before and swear I've seen it happen? Is it a new rule? Is my basketball being confused with NBA?
                    I was unaware of it as well, although it helps explain why on many inbounds plays, I've thought the player called timeout too soon.

                    Comment

                    • filsdepac
                      No pun intended
                      • May 2009
                      • 1823

                      #505
                      Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                      How is it that Ive never heard that before and swear I've seen it happen? Is it a new rule? Is my basketball being confused with NBA?
                      I just learned of it now. Seth Davis said it was a freshman mistake.

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #506
                        Purdue looks like pue!
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • pellegrino
                          miserere me
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 12100

                          #507
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          Purdue looks like pue!
                          and now my bracket does.
                          Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                          God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                          Alessandro Manzoni

                          Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                          pelagius

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #508
                            Syracuse. What a joke.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Coach McGuirk
                              1
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 12109

                              #509
                              Is UConn going to be the only Big East rep out of 11 tries?

                              Comment

                              • Sizzle
                                #ThisIsY
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 9004

                                #510
                                Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                                Is UConn going to be the only Big East rep out of 11 tries?
                                Marquette is Big East, no? Also Notre Dame is still alive so far.

                                Comment

                                Working...