The Official Brigham Young University against Jerry Rice's Alma Mater thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #61
    Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    Looks like Abouo hasn't been living right.
    He's playing lazy. And getting zero lift off the floor. I wonder if he's miffed that KC is taking his minutes.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #62
      Martineau reminds me of Ollie from Hoosiers.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • cougjunkie
        *Banned*
        • Nov 2008
        • 23223

        #63
        Davies with 13 and 10 in 18 minutes.

        ANderson with 9 and 5 and Noah with 12 and 6.

        I know its Miss. Valley St. but that is hte production we need from our bigs.
        *Banned*

        Comment

        • Indy Coug
          Heartless Bastard
          • Dec 2008
          • 18747

          #64
          BYU's clock is running out of time playing like crap on offense. Ball movement sucks, screens suck, shooting sucks, shot selection at times has sucked; particularly continuing to settle for longer shots when they can't hit the broad side of the barn.

          The fact that they've won their last two games by 50 ppg is a testament to the indescribable piss-awfulness of their opposition.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

          Comment

          • Clark Addison
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 10312

            #65
            Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
            BYU's clock is running out of time playing like crap on offense. Ball movement sucks, screens suck, shooting sucks, shot selection at times has sucked; particularly continuing to settle for longer shots when they can't hit the broad side of the barn.

            The fact that they've won their last two games by 50 ppg is a testament to the indescribable piss-awfulness of their opposition.
            I agree. I haven't been impressed at all the last couple of games. That doesn't mean I have lost confidence in this team, as I think they will get better against better competition, but if they keep playing like they have, they will lose about 10 games on their schedule.

            Comment

            • Katy Lied
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 9435

              #66
              Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
              but if they keep playing like they have, they will lose about 10 games on their schedule.
              You don't think beating awful teams by 50 is sufficient?

              Comment

              • Indy Coug
                Heartless Bastard
                • Dec 2008
                • 18747

                #67
                Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                You don't think beating awful teams by 50 is sufficient?
                I think what they are doing offensively is not going to be sufficient when they actually play someone worth a lick. Don't misconstrue my comments as saying BYU won't get things straightened out, but if they don't it will be a rude awakening.
                Everything in life is an approximation.

                http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                Comment

                • Flystripper
                  Degenerate Gambler
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14094

                  #68
                  Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                  I think what they are doing offensively is not going to be sufficient when they actually play someone worth a lick. Don't misconstrue my comments as saying BYU won't get things straightened out, but if they don't it will be a rude awakening.
                  yep. I have not been impressed with our offense thus far. I am hoping that the sloppiness which attends 50 point blowouts is mostly to blame.
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #69
                    I thought they looked sharp enough vs. Chicago State. Most of that game was garbage time and the bigs dominated.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • Indy Coug
                      Heartless Bastard
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 18747

                      #70
                      Ken Pomeroy (or at least his computer) believes:

                      Everything in life is an approximation.

                      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                      Comment

                      • cougjunkie
                        *Banned*
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 23223

                        #71
                        Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                        I think what they are doing offensively is not going to be sufficient when they actually play someone worth a lick. Don't misconstrue my comments as saying BYU won't get things straightened out, but if they don't it will be a rude awakening.
                        Is Utah St. not worth a lick?
                        *Banned*

                        Comment

                        • LiveCoug
                          LA Ute loves me
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 18488

                          #72
                          Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                          Ken Pomeroy (or at least his computer) believes:

                          http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Brigham%20Young
                          So, he predicts 2 losses and a record of 25-4.. nice.

                          Comment

                          • Indy Coug
                            Heartless Bastard
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 18747

                            #73
                            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            Is Utah St. not worth a lick?
                            Vs USU: 39% FG shooting, 27% from 3. 24 made field goals and 23 made free throws

                            Thank God we got to the line that game. It also helped that it was a home game.
                            Everything in life is an approximation.

                            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                            Comment

                            • Flystripper
                              Degenerate Gambler
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14094

                              #74
                              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              Is Utah St. not worth a lick?
                              I know this was directed at Indy but I will give my own answer.

                              USU is a good team. I wasn't impressed with our offense in that game though. I was happy that we could get the win despite being ugly on offense but if we play that way on the road against a good team I don't expect we will win.
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

                              Comment

                              • Surfah
                                Where's Wallace?
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 33726

                                #75
                                Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                                Ken Pomeroy (or at least his computer) believes:

                                http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Brigham%20Young
                                I dig KenPom's stats. I check them with Sagarin regularly. Last year Jimmer was the number one offensive player in the country according to his stats.

                                Also, if you check out his blog, he has a pretty cool analysis of BYU and USU, but specifically the impact of Wesley's controversial foul and his FT shooting.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...