For any Ute fans who felt regret at having let The Southeastern Conference Tournament MVP go to Ole Miss, Marshall Henderson has been suspended again.
The Official Ute Basketball Thread
Collapse
X
-
That's a shame. From a distance, he was immensely entertaining.Originally posted by Katy Lied View PostFor any Ute fans who felt regret at having let The Southeastern Conference Tournament MVP go to Ole Miss, Marshall Henderson has been suspended again.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...rules/2506583/"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
Comment
-
Sadness, ho.Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View PostThat's a shame. From a distance, he was immensely entertaining.
As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
--Kendrick Lamar
Comment
-
Ouch.Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
(SU, you might want to take a pass on the Church Lady insults this time around.)A source said a stint in a rehabilitation facility is possible. So now it's impossible for anybody to laugh at Henderson's antics and defend his sometimes outlandish behavior because none of it is funny anymore. He has embarrassed himself, his coaches and the administration that gambled on him despite the fact that he had previously spent time in jail for violating probation by reportedly testing positive for cocaine, marijuana and alcohol, this after being caught trying to buy drugs with counterfeit money.
Which is not to suggest there are any innocent victims here.
Ole Miss knew what it was getting."There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
Comment
-
Looks like he was pulled over in May on a traffic stop. The police found marijuana and trace amounts of cocaine in the car.*Banned*
Comment
-
Originally posted by Katy Lied View PostFor any Ute fans who felt regret at having let The Southeastern Conference Tournament MVP go to Ole Miss, Marshall Henderson has been suspended again.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...rules/2506583/
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill
"I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader
Comment
-
“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Comment
-
Comment
-
I would like to see Mr. Hill do a State of the Swim Team interview."Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."
- Ty Cobb
Comment
-
They're getting a new pool....Originally posted by San Juan Sun View PostI would like to see Mr. Hill do a State of the Swim Team interview.
“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Comment
-
Do they have enough duct tape and PVC pipe?Originally posted by LA Ute View PostThey're getting a new pool....
"Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."
- Ty Cobb
Comment
-
Hey, take this discussion to the Official Ute Swimming Thread.Originally posted by San Juan Sun View PostDo they have enough duct tape and PVC pipe?“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Comment
-
-
http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...stuns-d-i-utah
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - SBU's Jeff Guiot picked up his 300th career win in an unforgettable (perhaps shocking) way, as his Bearcats defeated the University of Utah, 80-79, to open the regular season.
“It's obviously a huge win for our program,” said Guiot. “If I’m not mistaken, it’s first time SBU has ever defeated a Division-I school. We have seven seniors, and that leadership really showed this afternoon, especially late in the game. The thing I stressed to the team, right after the game, is that we have to handle this victory well. We want to get better every game. We have a group of guys who have bought into our system, and will give anything for the team. When you do that, special things can happen, like what happened this afternoon.”
SBU put five players in double figures in the win. Tomas Brock led the Bearcats with 16 points, which included 4 of 7 from long range. Brandon Clemons and D'Ante Harris added 15 each. Nick Kovacevich scored 14. Matt Rogers, who fouled out with 9:23 remaining, scored 12 points. Kovacevich grabbed a team-high 7 rebounds, none bigger than the one with a second remaining on the Utah miss to preserve the SBU win.
As a team, SBU connected on 16 of 32 (50.0%) from long range, and 27 of 64 (41.4%) from the field at large. SBU hit on 8 of their 9 free throw attempts. The Bearcats were out-rebounded 43-31, by Utah, who had a presence inside in 7' 2" Luke Nevill, who rebounded 14 and scored 28 for the Utes.
SBU took an early lead of 3-2 on a Brock trey at the 19:25 mark of the first half, and didn't trail until the 16:13 mark of the second half. They regained the lead at the 10-minute mark, and didn't trail again.
Tonight's win was Guiot's 300th (all division).
SBU will take their 1-0 record back to Bolivar on Tuesday night (November 18), as they face Missouri Baptist with a 7:00 pm tip.Last edited by kccougar; 10-17-2013, 07:17 PM."It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV
Comment
Comment