bb recruiting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Goatnapper'96
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10924

    #1321
    Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Apparently he has said he is a strong BYU commit but would listen to Duke if they came a calling. I'm thinking Duke will probably come a calling.
    It would be kind of interesting if he chooses Duke, but I think he will end up at BYU. He has already committed and he will be in a BYU loving bubble for the next two years. Is he also planning to serve a mission?
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

    I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #1322
      Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
      It would be kind of interesting if he chooses Duke, but I think he will end up at BYU. He has already committed and he will be in a BYU loving bubble for the next two years. Is he also planning to serve a mission?
      I believe he is mission bound.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • Goatnapper'96
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 10924

        #1323
        Originally posted by Commando View Post
        I believe he is mission bound.
        Then he obviously has a mother who knows. Even more reason to believe he is BYU bound. Saying that it would be interesting for an LDS kid from Lone Peak to go to Duke. I am skeptical that if he is mission bound Duke would want him. I think he is good and if he were not a mission bound recruit he might be good enough for Duke, I don't know if he is that good, but my guess is for Duke to want to deal with the mission you better be like Jabari. I doubt he is that good.
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

        I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

        Comment

        • Applejack
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2012
          • 3813

          #1324
          Originally posted by Commando View Post
          I believe he is mission bound.
          An excellent choice. I hope everyone on this site agrees that everyone wins when (star) BYU recruits choose to serve a mission. Thanks, Mika!

          Comment

          • Goatnapper'96
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 10924

            #1325
            Originally posted by Applejack View Post
            An excellent choice. I hope everyone on this site agrees that everyone wins when (star) BYU recruits choose to serve a mission. Thanks, Mika!
            There is always the anxiety trump card!
            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
            -General George S. Patton

            I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
            -DOCTOR Wuap

            Comment

            • Commando
              Explosivo
              • Feb 2009
              • 20748

              #1326
              Originally posted by Applejack View Post
              An excellent choice. I hope everyone on this site agrees that everyone wins when (star) BYU recruits choose to serve a mission. Thanks, Mika!
              You can wait to thank Mika until he gets back and teams up with Ginger Haws, Emery, Toolsen, and Dastrup.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

              Comment

              • Applejack
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2012
                • 3813

                #1327
                Originally posted by Commando View Post
                You can wait to thank Mika until he gets back and teams up with Ginger Haws, Emery, Toolsen, and Dastrup.
                Hopefully Mika's example will convince Dastrup to serve as well.

                Comment

                • Goatnapper'96
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10924

                  #1328
                  Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                  Hopefully Mika's example will convince Dastrup to serve as well.
                  If he hasn't already left he will shortly. Of the kid's BYU has signed the past 2 years that are highly touted the only who won't serve a mission is Jake Toolsen.

                  I understand that the kid from Bountiful, Zac Seljaas, might not be mission bound but we shall see.
                  Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                  -General George S. Patton

                  I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                  -DOCTOR Wuap

                  Comment

                  • Applejack
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2012
                    • 3813

                    #1329
                    Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                    If he hasn't already left he will shortly. Of the kid's BYU has signed the past 2 years that are highly touted the only who won't serve a mission is Jake Toolsen.
                    Great news for everyone! For the record, I also support the reinstatement of 2.5 year missions.

                    Comment

                    • frank ryan
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12385

                      #1330
                      Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                      If he hasn't already left he will shortly. Of the kid's BYU has signed the past 2 years that are highly touted the only who won't serve a mission is Jake Toolsen.

                      I understand that the kid from Bountiful, Zac Seljaas, might not be mission bound but we shall see.
                      I am surprised to see him blow up as a big time recruit. I really hope BYU and Rose can make some NCAA runs before Armageddon.

                      Goat, do you know if Toolsen is walking-on this year like Nixon? Another guy I really wonder about is Andrus. He wasn't to highly touted. On paper he looks like he could be big body/ banger at the least and hopefully more of an offensive threat than Worthington.

                      Comment

                      • imanihonjin
                        Junior Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • 3772

                        #1331
                        Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                        I am surprised to see him blow up as a big time recruit. I really hope BYU and Rose can make some NCAA runs before Armageddon.

                        Goat, do you know if Toolsen is walking-on this year like Nixon? Another guy I really wonder about is Andrus. He wasn't to highly touted. On paper he looks like he could be big body/ banger at the least and hopefully more of an offensive threat than Worthington.
                        Fortunately for Andrus, he couldn't be any less of an offensive threat than Worthington.

                        Comment

                        • Goatnapper'96
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 10924

                          #1332
                          BYU already had 13 scholarships allocated before Toolsen decided to prematurely end his mission and come to Provo for next year. Further, the Y already has two scholarship caliber kids walking on in Davis and Nixon. I think it safe to assume Toolsen is walking on this year. I don't know how his situation is expected to play out as to whether or not he will play this year, redshirt or even grayshirt. My hope is he walks on and redshirts. I don't see much of a role for him this year but I see a huge role for him in a few years so I would like to preserve as much of his eligibility to give him maximum time with Mika, Emery, Haws and Dastrup.

                          For next year BYU has 14 potential scholarship players scheduled to be on the team. They are:
                          Collinsworth - SR
                          Fischer - SR
                          Davis - JR
                          Aytes - JR
                          Worthington - JR
                          Bartley - JR
                          Calvert - SO
                          Neilson - SO
                          Chatman - SO
                          Seljaas - FR
                          Emery - FR
                          Shaw - FR
                          Hartsock - FR
                          Toolsen - FR

                          Obviously BYU will have to shed one for next year. If Rose does use Bartley as a back up PG this year, I would think that Calvert becomes the most expendable. Next year BYU will have Collinsworth as the primary PG, Bartley as the likely back up and then emergency option of Nick Emery or Jordan Chatman. To be honest even if Bartley is not developed as a PG, I would think that having Emery as a back up to Collinsworth as a true freshman and the an emergency option of Chatman still makes Calvert the most expendable option. Other options to pare down a scholarship would be for Seljaas to go straight on a mission after high school or perhaps even for Davis to not be awarded a scholarship. I do not know what Rose has promised Kyle Davis.

                          In my book though these are the 9-10 who will play significant minutes in 15-16:
                          Collinsworth
                          Fischer
                          Chatman
                          Aytes
                          Neilson
                          Worthington
                          Davis
                          Bartley
                          Toolsen
                          Emery

                          I think Seljaas, Hartsock and Shaw will see clean up or emergency minutes only.
                          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                          -General George S. Patton

                          I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                          -DOCTOR Wuap

                          Comment

                          • LiveCoug
                            LA Ute loves me
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 18489

                            #1333
                            According to this dude, Frank Jackson has re-opened his recruitment, so that's neat.

                            Comment

                            • smokymountainrain
                              Impressive Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22593

                              #1334
                              Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                              According to this dude, Frank Jackson has re-opened his recruitment, so that's neat.

                              http://www.burlisononbasketball.com/...-slc-saturday/
                              Too bad, but probably not unexpected. Fun article anyway.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

                              Comment

                              • byu71
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22070

                                #1335
                                Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                According to this dude, Frank Jackson has re-opened his recruitment, so that's neat.

                                http://www.burlisononbasketball.com/...-slc-saturday/
                                No way. He has a chance to be All WCC if he goes to BYU.

                                Comment

                                Working...