bb recruiting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PaloAltoCougar
    Semper infra dignitatem
    • Nov 2008
    • 16936

    #1201
    It'll be cool when Jabari and Mika get called to the same mission, serve as AP's together, establish a lifetime bond, and carry BYU to an NC.

    Comment

    • byu71
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 22070

      #1202
      Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      It'll be cool when Jabari and Mika get called to the same mission, serve as AP's together, establish a lifetime bond, and carry BYU to an NC.
      That would be cool. However, the odds of that happening are the same as me gettting called to be the Mission President over the Atlanta area mission and you are called to be the Apostle over that mission. We are then invited to play in the Masters and we are tied for the lead after 72 holes and and we decide to share the green jacket.

      Comment

      • wapiti
        Junior Member
        • Apr 2012
        • 2064

        #1203
        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        First of all, quit sullying this thread with crappy Jazz talk. And secondly, it's tough to argue that you haven't seen a game you felt they were trying to lose as long as Corbin is on the sideline.
        Exactly, the tanking doesn't happen with the effort on the court (at least not until mid-March). The tanking happened with personnel decisions over the summer. The deal with Warriors, signing JLuIII, etc. A very impressive tank job by the front office.

        Comment

        • smokymountainrain
          Impressive Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22593

          #1204
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          First of all, quit sullying this thread with crappy Jazz talk. And secondly, it's tough to argue that you haven't seen a game you felt they were trying to lose as long as Corbin is on the sideline.
          The FO may be trying to lose, but the team sure as hell isn't.

          When I made those posts, I didn't realize Commando's comments about the Jazz were in the bb recruiting thread. With that knowledge, I'm as annoyed with myself as anybody for the Jazz talk. Thanks for calling me out. No more Jazz talk from me!
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #1205
            Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            The FO may be trying to lose, but the team sure as hell isn't.

            When I made those posts, I didn't realize Commando's comments about the Jazz were in the bb recruiting thread. With that knowledge, I'm as annoyed with myself as anybody for the Jazz talk. Thanks for calling me out. No more Jazz talk from me!
            I just keep getting annoyed seeing this thread bumped expecting recruiting news. To get back on topic, Rose said Aytes will begin practicing with the team next month. He also said that they haven't yet determined how to deal with the scholarship crunch.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69703

              #1206
              Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              I just keep getting annoyed seeing this thread bumped expecting recruiting news. To get back on topic, Rose said Aytes will begin practicing with the team next month. He also said that they haven't yet determined how to deal with the scholarship crunch.
              I like this. Puts everyone on notice. Perform or adios.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • Blueintheface
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 15382

                #1207
                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                I just keep getting annoyed seeing this thread bumped expecting recruiting news. To get back on topic, Rose said Aytes will begin practicing with the team next month. He also said that they haven't yet determined how to deal with the scholarship crunch.
                RoSe knows wHAt he's doing. I'm guessing sometime in July we heaR that a Player has decided to end his career or transfer.
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #1208
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  I like this. Puts everyone on notice. Perform or adios.
                  Exactly. See how the season shakes out. And who knows, maybe someone will be forced to medically retire. That has been an unfortunate trend of late with this team.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Applejack
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2012
                    • 3813

                    #1209
                    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    It'll be cool when Jabari and Mika get called to the same mission, serve as AP's together, establish a lifetime bond, and carry BYU to an NC.
                    I agree that it will be cool when Mika leaves for a mission.

                    Comment

                    • Blueintheface
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 15382

                      #1210
                      Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                      I agree that it will be cool when Mika leaves for a mission.
                      Will that flagrant 2 put Mika into Chris Miles or Nate Cooper Ute-lore or are you referring to his talent?
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                      Comment

                      • Commando
                        Explosivo
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 20748

                        #1211
                        Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                        I agree that it will be cool when Mika leaves for a mission.
                        With everyone worried about Nate Austin's thuggery, bet you didn't see that straight level 2 pistol whipping you got from Mika coming, right?!
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #1212
                          Frank Jackson and TJ Haws getting some pub at a national tournament in Las Vegas.



                          2. Frank Jackson (Lone Peak, Highland, Utah) 6-1 G 2016
                          The most impressive guard we saw on Thursday was this dynamic sophomore who makes scoring look effortlessly. Jackson, already committed to BYU, has a great chance of pace to his offensive game with the ability to explode off the dribble or beat defenders with crafty moves. In a 70-54 Platinum Division victory over Modesto Christian (Modesto, Calif.), Jackson was scoring around the basket and making good passes. He finished with 23 points and showed why he’s one of the best 2016 prospects in the country.
                          6. T.J Haws (Lone Peak, Highland, Utah) 6-4 G 2014
                          One of the best shooters in the class, Haws helped Lone Peak record a 70-54 victory over Modesto Christian by scoring a game-high 32 points. His ability to catch-and-shoot or stop on a dime for a jumper is impressive. A BYU commit, Haws has a mature disposition to his game and always plays under control. We thought Lone Peak’s matchup with Modesto Christian was the most intriguing of the first round we think its quarterfinal tussle with FAB 50-ranked Redondo Union will be dynamite as well. In fact, it wouldn’t be much of an upset if Lone Peak were to win despite dropping out of the FAB 50 in the latest rankings shuffle.
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • smokymountainrain
                            Impressive Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22593

                            #1213
                            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            Frank Jackson and TJ Haws getting some pub at a national tournament in Las Vegas.

                            http://www.studentsports.com/basketb...op-performers/
                            BYU is in good hands at the lead guard spot for years to come.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

                            Comment

                            • Crockett
                              Junior Member
                              • Sep 2013
                              • 850

                              #1214
                              Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              BYU is in good hands at the lead guard spot for years to come.
                              Critical for deep tourney runs.

                              Comment

                              • cougjunkie
                                *Banned*
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 23223

                                #1215
                                Toolson had 39 and 15 last night against Orem. Dalton Nixon had 26.

                                Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
                                *Banned*

                                Comment

                                Working...