bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    I think Jabari's millions are pretty much a done deal- along with endorsements, sneakers, the whole 9- based on his tenure at Duke thus far. He's a freak.
    He had a huge endorsement ready before he committed to Duke. Dude is set for life.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

I so wish with all my heart that Jabari goes on a mission next year.
      Oh, please no. Don't damage Jazz draft prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacob View Post
        Oh, please no. Don't damage Jazz draft prospects.
        You know what? I'm a Jazz fan. But this tanking shit rubs me the wrong way and is contrary to the Jerry Sloan/Karl Malone/John Stockton ethic that is the reason I'm a Jazz fan. I hope they pick him and he pulls a Bo Jackson on their sorry asses.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

You know what? I'm a Jazz fan. But this tanking shit rubs me the wrong way and is contrary to the Jerry Sloan/Karl Malone/John Stockton ethic that is the reason I'm a Jazz fan. I hope they pick him and he pulls a Bo Jackson on their sorry asses.
          Huh?

Comment

I so wish with all my heart that Jabari goes on a mission next year.
            Why? What kind of skin do you have in the game whether he goes or not?

I hope he does what he wants to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              Why? What kind of skin do you have in the game whether he goes or not?

I hope he does what he wants to do.
              As a Jazz fan, as an LDS member that would be curious to see what kind of press that would get, etc. Did that satisfy your burning curiosity about my personal motivations?
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

As a Jazz fan, as an LDS member that would be curious to see what kind of press that would get, etc. Did that satisfy your burning curiosity about my personal motivations?
                LOL, you really wish a kid would pass up millions and go on a mission because you are curious to see what the press would say. The you turn around and ask if my "burning curiosity (your crappy spelling of the word)" was satisfied.

It wasn't curiousity. I don't know you that well and so I wanted to judge you as to whether you are a dip shit or not.

Comment

What is it about the "tanking" that rubs you the wrong way?

Also, what other sport does Jabari play at an elite level?
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                    LOL, you really wish a kid would pass up millions and go on a mission because you are curious to see what the press would say. The you turn around and ask if my "burning curiosity (your crappy spelling of the word)" was satisfied.

It wasn't curiousity. I don't know you that well and so I wanted to judge you as to whether you are a dip shit or not.
                    No, you don't know me at all. You have no skin in whether I'm a dip shit or not, and frankly your opinion doesn't matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

It's a pussy move, and a hallmark of a poorly run organization. For all the Jazz know, they could be getting Greg Oden next year, but dealt away all their vets and kept on a lame duck coach to try to show well in the draft for a single player instead of trying to cultivate a winning team. Are the fans supposed to pay to get into games and cheer them on this year? NBA is pretty lame. It also kind of bugs me that the college game is compromised b/c kids are fleeing to the NBA. I'd much rather see these kids compete in the NCAA just for entertainment considerations alone.

Comment

It's a pretty crappy league when a fourth of the teams in it are all trying to lose.
                        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                          It's a pretty crappy league when a fourth of the teams in it are all trying to lose.
                          You must not watch the Jazz. I haven't seen a game this year where I felt like they were trying to lose. The Jazz, despite a lack of talent and experience are 6-7 with Trey Burke at the point. Trey Burke is definitely not trying to lose. Burks is playing the best ball of his career, as is Favors. Hayward is playing for a contract. Evans is playing for his NBA life. To think these guys or even the coach is trying to lose is crazy talk.

I'd say the same about the Sixers, Suns and others who others are accusing of tanking - the Suns, with their roster, have no business with 14 wins at this point in the season, but they do because their players and coaches are giving everything they have to win. Same with the Sixers. I'd say the only one of the "tanking" teams you could really accuse of underachieving are the Bucks, but I think that if we watched them we'd see their players and coaches are giving it everything they have to win games too.
                          Last edited by smokymountainrain; 12-19-2013, 08:11 AM.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

It's a pussy move, and a hallmark of a poorly run organization. For all the Jazz know, they could be getting Greg Oden next year, but dealt away all their vets and kept on a lame duck coach to try to show well in the draft for a single player instead of trying to cultivate a winning team. Are the fans supposed to pay to get into games and cheer them on this year? NBA is pretty lame. It also kind of bugs me that the college game is compromised b/c kids are fleeing to the NBA. I'd much rather see these kids compete in the NCAA just for entertainment considerations alone.
                            Where were the Jazz going with "all their vets"? Had they kept those guys and the salaries they had to pay them, what would the future have looked like? 10 more seasons of 41-41 seasons, first round playoff exits or just missing the playoffs? You call it tanking, I call it doing whatever possible for the opportunity to become a contender. You say they are pinning all their hopes on finding one guy in the draft, I say they are developing their young, talented, core to pair with a talented draft pick and perhaps a FA in the off-season in the hopes of coming together to one day contend.

Regardless of what happens in the future, what we do know is that the roster as it had been built wasn't working and was never going to work. They had to do something different.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

No, you don't know me at all. You have no skin in whether I'm a dip shit or not, and frankly your opinion doesn't matter.
                              Frankly, your opinion that my opinion doesn't matter doesn't concern me. Especially if I determine you are a dip shit.

Comment

You must not watch the Jazz. I haven't seen a game this year where I felt like they were trying to lose. The Jazz, despite a lack of talent and experience are 6-7 with Trey Burke at the point. Trey Burke is definitely not trying to lose. Burks is playing the best ball of his career, as is Favors. Hayward is playing for a contract. Evans is playing for his NBA life. To think these guys or even the coach is trying to lose is crazy talk.

I'd say the same about the Sixers, Suns and others who others are accusing of tanking - the Suns, with their roster, have no business with 14 wins at this point in the season, but they do because their players and coaches are giving everything they have to win. Same with the Sixers. I'd say the only one of the "tanking" teams you could really accuse of underachieving are the Bucks, but I think that if we watched them we'd see their players and coaches are giving it everything they have to win games too.
                                First of all, quit sullying this thread with crappy Jazz talk. And secondly, it's tough to argue that you haven't seen a game you felt they were trying to lose as long as Corbin is on the sideline.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X