bb recruiting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HBCoug
    Peanut Gallery Asshat
    • Dec 2008
    • 2082

    #1666
    Originally posted by Topper View Post
    This year's team is rather loaded as far as depth, on paper. It is reported that Hamlin is also walking on. I realize he is paper thin and injury prone, but according to some he has a nice touch. Plus, he's a walk on. Not many get somebody 7'2" with a few skills to walk on.
    I heard Jennifer Hamson's brother was walking on too! Maybe we could dub the two of them the "twin towers" or something.

    Comment

    • Topper
      Pre-Historic Man
      • Nov 2011
      • 11764

      #1667
      Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
      I heard Jennifer Hamson's brother was walking on too! Maybe we could dub the two of them the "twin towers" or something.
      Yep. I couldn't remember the name as is obvious. Thanks for correcting me.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

      Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

      Comment

      • MartyFunkhouser
        Disciple of RNGesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 18750

        #1668


        The Utes get a commit from Jayce Johnson. 4-star center. Johnson just reclassified and will enroll in January 2016. He will be paying his own way his first semester with Utah. His final 3 were Cal, Utah, and Colorado. Cal was the only one with a scholarship for this upcoming season, but he elected to pay his way at Utah.

        Lauri Markkanen is down to Utah, UNC, and Arizona. He visited this last weekend and would be a huge get for the Utes.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

        Comment

        • smokymountainrain
          Impressive Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22593

          #1669
          Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
          Lauri Markkanen is down to Utah, UNC, and Arizona. He visited this last weekend and would be a huge get for the Utes.
          I'm sure Coach Roberts would love to add her to the squad.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

          Comment

          • cougjunkie
            *Banned*
            • Nov 2008
            • 23223

            #1670
            Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/3056566-...-jayce-johnson

            The Utes get a commit from Jayce Johnson. 4-star center. Johnson just reclassified and will enroll in January 2016. He will be paying his own way his first semester with Utah. His final 3 were Cal, Utah, and Colorado. Cal was the only one with a scholarship for this upcoming season, but he elected to pay his way at Utah.

            Lauri Markkanen is down to Utah, UNC, and Arizona. He visited this last weekend and would be a huge get for the Utes.
            4 schools in 4 years, sounds like he won't be any problem for the Ute coaching staff. ESPN also only grades him as an 81, according to SeattleUte he sucks.
            *Banned*

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #1671
              strange that a 4-star recruit would only have 3 offers. What's the scoop?
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • cougjunkie
                *Banned*
                • Nov 2008
                • 23223

                #1672
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                strange that a 4-star recruit would only have 3 offers. What's the scoop?
                4 schools in 4 years, and he is a fringe 4 star at best.
                *Banned*

                Comment

                • MartyFunkhouser
                  Disciple of RNGesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 18750

                  #1673
                  Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  4 schools in 4 years, and he is a fringe 4 star at best.
                  Your jealousy is showing on this one.

                  Rivals has him ranked 67 in his class


                  Scout has him ranked 59 in his class
                  Yahoo Scout is an AI-powered answer engine that delivers answers with context and trusted sources.


                  ESPN has him ranked 81st in the top 100


                  As for offers, he doesn't have 3 offers. He had lots of offers, those were just the schools he narrowed it down to. This is a solid commitment for Krystkowiak. Johnson will get a year in the program and get to take over for Poeltl next year.

                  Markannan would obviously be huge and you would probably not even be able to find a negative with that one. I'm hoping that Hanno can get us the assist with Markannan.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

                  Comment

                  • cougjunkie
                    *Banned*
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 23223

                    #1674
                    Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                    Your jealousy is showing on this one.

                    Rivals has him ranked 67 in his class


                    Scout has him ranked 59 in his class
                    Yahoo Scout is an AI-powered answer engine that delivers answers with context and trusted sources.


                    ESPN has him ranked 81st in the top 100


                    As for offers, he doesn't have 3 offers. He had lots of offers, those were just the schools he narrowed it down to. This is a solid commitment for Krystkowiak. Johnson will get a year in the program and get to take over for Poeltl next year.

                    Markannan would obviously be huge and you would probably not even be able to find a negative with that one. I'm hoping that Hanno can get us the assist with Markannan.
                    Remind why I should be jealous? We are talking an entitled kid who has played for 4 teams in 4 years and his parents have enabled him every step of the way. First sign of trouble this kid is running.

                    He is also ranked for 2016, not 2015. Huge difference.
                    *Banned*

                    Comment

                    • MartyFunkhouser
                      Disciple of RNGesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 18750

                      #1675
                      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Remind why I should be jealous? We are talking an entitled kid who has played for 4 teams in 4 years and his parents have enabled him every step of the way. First sign of trouble this kid is running.

                      He is also ranked for 2016, not 2015. Huge difference.
                      So you are saying the recruiting class for 2015 is so heads and shoulders better than 2016 that a high ranking in 2016 is not a big deal? I trust you on this one. It isn't like I follow recruiting all that much. I am excited about this get for Utah. I'm guessing that you would be excited for a top 100 center regardless of moving around a few times in high school and being classified in a later class. I trust that Krystkowiak can deal with any of his alleged entitlement.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

                      Comment

                      • smokymountainrain
                        Impressive Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22593

                        #1676
                        Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                        Your jealousy is showing on this one.

                        Rivals has him ranked 67 in his class


                        Scout has him ranked 59 in his class
                        Yahoo Scout is an AI-powered answer engine that delivers answers with context and trusted sources.


                        ESPN has him ranked 81st in the top 100


                        As for offers, he doesn't have 3 offers. He had lots of offers, those were just the schools he narrowed it down to. This is a solid commitment for Krystkowiak. Johnson will get a year in the program and get to take over for Poeltl next year.

                        Markannan would obviously be huge and you would probably not even be able to find a negative with that one. I'm hoping that Hanno can get us the assist with Markannan.
                        That would be awesome if Hanno could help you guys get Lauri.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #1677
                          Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                          So you are saying the recruiting class for 2015 is so heads and shoulders better than 2016 that a high ranking in 2016 is not a big deal? I trust you on this one. It isn't like I follow recruiting all that much. I am excited about this get for Utah. I'm guessing that you would be excited for a top 100 center regardless of moving around a few times in high school and being classified in a later class. I trust that Krystkowiak can deal with any of his alleged entitlement.
                          BYU has a top 100 center that has moved a little...from Alpine to Provo to Italy. he is pretty exciting.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • SCcoug
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7625

                            #1678
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            BYU has a top 100 center that has moved a little...from Alpine to Provo to Italy. he is pretty exciting.
                            Oh I thought you were going to go with the one from Mesa to Panama City.

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #1679
                              Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                              Oh I thought you were going to go with the one from Mesa to Panama City.
                              cant keep track of all of them. my bad
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Applejack
                                Senior Member
                                • Aug 2012
                                • 3813

                                #1680
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                BYU has a top 100 center that has moved a little...from Alpine to Provo to Italy. he is pretty exciting.
                                That isn't a move. More like a long walk.

                                Comment

                                Working...