2022-2023 Basketball Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got within four, but not enough.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I really wanted them to get to 20 wins. I doubt an NIT invite is coming, so this may be it.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Those bullshit flagrant foul calls loom large.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
          Those bullshit flagrant foul calls loom large.
          Indeed. And I will not miss the WCC offensive foul calls. Ladies, find yourself a man who loves you the way WCC officials love to call a charge.

I also will not miss smc. I grew to greatly respect Gonzaga over the past 10 years. But smc always has the largest collection of punchable players (and coach) I can think of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Got within four, but not enough.
            I watched from start to finish. Bennet is a good coach. BYU was not well prepared. They should've pressed earlier if only to get St. Mary's out of their rhythm offensively. But maybe they were tired after having to win two hard fought games in a row to get to this game.

On to next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post

I watched from start to finish. Bennet is a good coach. BYU was not well prepared. They should've pressed earlier if only to get St. Mary's out of their rhythm offensively. But maybe they were tired after having to win two hard fought games in a row to get to this game.

On to next season.
              I was expecting you to say that you started watching with about 15 minutes left in the game. Ha.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I went to Vegas last weekend for the MWC tournament. My son goes to UNR, so it was fun to spend the weekend down there watching hoops. My in-laws are huge Wyoming fans and go to the tournament every year.

We had an absolute blast. The Thursday games were incredible, with two of them going to OT, another down to the final buzzer, and Utah State destroying New Mexico.

San Diego and New Mexico fans travel extremely well, but both of them had a non-existent student section. The Show, bless their hearts, had about 6 students there. Utah State, OTOH, had a mediocre showing of the adult fanbase, but their student section was incredible. The Herd showed out bigtime, with upwards of 500 or more students, and they were crazy loud. Matched the noise from 10,000 New Mexico and SDSU fans.

Utah State is a very fun team to watch. Bummer that BYU whiffed on Steven Ashworth. Dude is a baller.

The only downside to the weekend was that after Thursday there were no more New Mexico tears in the arena. What a whiny, foul-mouthed group of fans. The three Lobo fans sitting behind us were very pleasant during the other games. But as soon as the Aggies got hot, I heard more creatively matched combinations of four to six letter swear words than I could have imagined were even possible. I doubt ChatGPT could have matched their negative energy even when Steelblue was accusing it of making up details about his old book reviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                  I went to Vegas last weekend for the MWC tournament. My son goes to UNR, so it was fun to spend the weekend down there watching hoops. My in-laws are huge Wyoming fans and go to the tournament every year.

We had an absolute blast. The Thursday games were incredible, with two of them going to OT, another down to the final buzzer, and Utah State destroying New Mexico.

San Diego and New Mexico fans travel extremely well, but both of them had a non-existent student section. The Show, bless their hearts, had about 6 students there. Utah State, OTOH, had a mediocre showing of the adult fanbase, but their student section was incredible. The Herd showed out bigtime, with upwards of 500 or more students, and they were crazy loud. Matched the noise from 10,000 New Mexico and SDSU fans.

Utah State is a very fun team to watch. Bummer that BYU whiffed on Steven Ashworth. Dude is a baller.

The only downside to the weekend was that after Thursday there were no more New Mexico tears in the arena. What a whiny, foul-mouthed group of fans. The three Lobo fans sitting behind us were very pleasant during the other games. But as soon as the Aggies got hot, I heard more creatively matched combinations of four to six letter swear words than I could have imagined were even possible. I doubt ChatGPT could have matched their negative energy even when Steelblue was accusing it of making up details about his old book reviews.
                  As bad as Lobos fans are the absolute worst fans are the Azholes.
                  "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• The committee badly missed the boat on FAU. Taking a look at their resume it doesn't look anything like a 9 seed's. Their numbers looked like that of a 4 or 5 at worst. Shouldn't be shocking how they're doing. I think on most teams they got it right but not with the 32-3 Owls who were 8-3 against q1and q2 and had no other losses.

Also ranked #13 in the NET. 9 seed?

EDIT: The source I was using included tournament games in the records. FAU was 29-3 when the committee made its selections, 2-1 vs q1 and 4-2 vs q2. But my point stands. Their numbers were very close to those of 5 seed St Mary's except without 2 q3 losses like the Gaels had.
                    Last edited by BlueK; 03-25-2023, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Impressive game from FAU - especially their rebounding. Kansas State got a bit too stagnant on offense.

Tough game for Gonzaga. Foul trouble for Timme but even if that hadn't been an issue, they just couldn't make shots.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I’ve got tickets to the championship game on Monday. The last time it was in Houston I went and saw Villanova win it on a last second three. I’m hoping the game this year is every bit as exciting.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Anyone watching the championship game?
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            Anyone watching the championship game?
                            Hello there Pelado!

Thank you for your query! Yes, I am watching the NCAA basketball championship game!

Regards, LiveCoug

Comment

• Haven’t tuned in yet.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

Hello there Pelado!

Thank you for your query! Yes, I am watching the NCAA basketball championship game!

Regards, LiveCoug
                                Not particularly surprising that the Aztecs went on a long scoring drought - that's been their MO. They've also tended to perform better in the second half, but that might be more difficult to pull off tonight since UConn is just as deep.
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X