Official BYU vs Florida thread...........

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #106
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Well, I did it intentionally as a test.
    "Your Honor, I was just testing the responsiveness of the police should the bank get robbed."
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

    Comment

    • PaloAltoCougar
      Semper infra dignitatem
      • Nov 2008
      • 16940

      #107
      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      Well, I did it intentionally as a test. I think taking offense on behalf of women in that cotext--we're talking about a pretty testosterone-drenched environment here, down low in men's DI basketball--is absurd to the point of being paternalistic. What if I'd have said "those Ivy Leaguers inside"? Should Harvard players have taken offense?
      I enjoy SU most when he goes into contortionist mode.

      Comment

      • Fiyero
        Banned
        • Nov 2008
        • 5266

        #108
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        I'm not scared to call my shots. I said Utah would win the SUG. It happened. I said Texas would finish no. 2 in the football poll, it happened. I said GU would kick Syracuse's butt in the Big East tournament. It happened.
        You're awfully proud of your 3-50 record.

        Comment

        • SeattleUte
          Faith crisis consultant
          • Nov 2008
          • 20837

          #109
          Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
          You're awfully proud of your 3-50 record.
          Links? Once again, you are qucik to criticize but wholly lacking in substance. You're like a loud mouthed empty headed couch potato fan.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

          --Jonathan Swift

          Comment

          • SeattleUte
            Faith crisis consultant
            • Nov 2008
            • 20837

            #110
            Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            I enjoy SU most when he goes into contortionist mode.
            lol I made a very similar statement in the football season and got the same response, I think it may have been from creekster. There all I had to do was point out that women don't play tackle football.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

            --Jonathan Swift

            Comment

            • DU Ute
              RIP CUF
              • Dec 2008
              • 7393

              #111
              Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
              Stewart Mandel has BYU in the Final Four.
              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

              Comment

              • PaloAltoCougar
                Semper infra dignitatem
                • Nov 2008
                • 16940

                #112
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                lol I made a very similar statement in the football season and got the same response, I think it may have been from creekster. There all I had to do was point out that women don't play tackle football.
                Keep trying. Mind you, I'm not saying contortions are a bad thing. But some do it better than others.

                Comment

                • Fiyero
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 5266

                  #113
                  Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  Links?


                  Comment

                  • cougjunkie
                    *Banned*
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 23223

                    #114
                    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    Links? Once again, you are qucik to criticize but wholly lacking in substance. You're like a loud mouthed empty headed couch potato fan.
                    You predictied a Utah win in football, a Utah win in basketball at the Huntsman Center, a BYU loss against San DIego State in San Diego. Should I go on?
                    *Banned*

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #115
                      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      You predictied a Utah win in football, a Utah win in basketball at the Huntsman Center, a BYU loss against San DIego State in San Diego. Should I go on?
                      links?

                      So you are going to persecute me for making an honest prediction? I'm not surprised.

                      In any event, even the pros are wrong sometimes.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • SeattleUte
                        Faith crisis consultant
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 20837

                        #116
                        Just to make sure it's clear. These aren't links. This is what Fiyero calls argument.
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                        --Jonathan Swift

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #117
                          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          links?

                          So you are going to persecute me for making an honest prediction? I'm not surprised.

                          In any event, even the pros are wrong sometimes.
                          You sir are no pro that is for damn sure. I just can not wait until BYU waxes Florida and you tell us how you were only joking/trolling. Your schtick is very old and tiresome. Honestly you used to be the crazy old guy sitting in the corner making the occasionally off hand comments. One person laughed at you and now you think you are funny, clever, etc. You have definitely over stayed your welcome, time to go back to the rest home.
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • cougjunkie
                            *Banned*
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 23223

                            #118
                            The reason so many people have BYU going so far in the tournament is because they all have these formualas. David Locke has one, Jay Bilas has one, and so does Stewart Mandel. On paper BYU looks unbelievable. Second highest scoring team in the country, top 10 in fg percentage, number 2 in 3pt percentage, solid defensively (40th nationally in fg % Defense), they do not turn the ball over, and most importantly they have a star guard. So historically a team like BYU is a very sexy pick. However BYU has that imaginary wall they need to bust through, I hope this is the year they do it.

                            Everyone thought it was scientifically impossible to run a sub 4 minute mile. People tried for years and years and nobody could do it. Then one day in 1954Roger Bannister ran the mile in 3 minutes 59.4 seconds. The first man to do it. Over the next 5 years 23 people broke the 4 minute mile because they knew it could be done. Since then the record has dropped by a full 17 seconds and one man has even ran over 100 4 minute miles. Once BYU breaks through that wall and gets that elusive first round win, the sky is the limit.
                            *Banned*

                            Comment

                            • SeattleUte
                              Faith crisis consultant
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 20837

                              #119
                              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              You sir are no pro that is for damn sure. I just can not wait until BYU waxes Florida and you tell us how you were only joking/trolling. Your schtick is very old and tiresome. Honestly you used to be the crazy old guy sitting in the corner making the occasionally off hand comments. One person laughed at you and now you think you are funny, clever, etc. You have definitely over stayed your welcome, time to go back to the rest home.
                              You sure can get mean and ugly when BYU sports gets legitimately criticized. Just like when Rambam said the school would be better off without a sports program. You went nuts and attacked him personally. You don't care what happens in the Foyer, but don't touch BYU. Typical. Sorry to offend your testimony of BYU sports, but it doesn't have much logic or historicity to support it.

                              I said much the same thing about Utah and Arizona last year. This game/matchup hs striking similarities. I'm making an honest prediction. I know Florida has more NBA prospects, I know its schudule has been A LOT tougher (it's played Kentucky twice, Syracuse, Vanderbilt twice, Michigan State, for starters; it even played very good mid-majors like Richmond and Xavier; yes, most of those were losses; would BYU have beaten those teams?). Billy Donovan has two NCAA titles, recently. Rose has not won an MWC tournament and failed in all his NCAA tournament games, and BYU seems to be past its peak.

                              Here is a "pro's" analysis:



                              The moron just looks at the numbers and doesn't even consider SOS, coaching gravitas, etc.

                              So, why don't you put aside your ugly ageist talk and address what I've said dispassionately and on the merits. I actually quite enjoy you when you're not taking BYU sports so seriously. You know, you haven't offended me, but you owe older guys like PAC and LAUte an apology.
                              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                              --Jonathan Swift

                              Comment

                              • SeattleUte
                                Faith crisis consultant
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 20837

                                #120
                                Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                                The reason so many people have BYU going so far in the tournament is because they all have these formualas. David Locke has one, Jay Bilas has one, and so does Stewart Mandel. On paper BYU looks unbelievable. Second highest scoring team in the country, top 10 in fg percentage, number 2 in 3pt percentage, solid defensively (40th nationally in fg % Defense), they do not turn the ball over, and most importantly they have a star guard. So historically a team like BYU is a very sexy pick. However BYU has that imaginary wall they need to bust through, I hope this is the year they do it.

                                Everyone thought it was scientifically impossible to run a sub 4 minute mile. People tried for years and years and nobody could do it. Then one day in 1954Roger Bannister ran the mile in 3 minutes 59.4 seconds. The first man to do it. Over the next 5 years 23 people broke the 4 minute mile because they knew it could be done. Since then the record has dropped by a full 17 seconds and one man has even ran over 100 4 minute miles. Once BYU breaks through that wall and gets that elusive first round win, the sky is the limit.
                                yes, they like to stir up talk with sexy picks. No one really cares after it's over. Their dark horse pick are generally wrong, almost 100% of the time.
                                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                                --Jonathan Swift

                                Comment

                                Working...