2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Commando
    Explosivo
    • Feb 2009
    • 20748

    #1906
    Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Remind me how we all are way worse off... was it the Drumpf virus?
    Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment

    • Eddie
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 8098

      #1907
      Financially - I got a promotion and a raise in the last four years. So I'm better off financially for now.

      But there are so many other metrics to consider.

      It's crazy that political fights used to be over things like Romney having a binder of women, today's environment just doesn't even compare.

      Comment

      • Paperback Writer
        Signature won a Pulitzer
        • Nov 2010
        • 5211

        #1908
        Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        Of course Biden would be good for Texas oil... Restricting fracking and new drilling on public lands would drive the oil prices up. All the Texas oil fat cats would be smiling again.

        And we will be paying big time at the pumps! That is why I am hedging on solar.
        When mentioning Texas oil, another factor is the small amount (~2%) of federal land in Texas. Banning new fracking on public lands shouldn't affect Texas oil production.
        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #1909
          Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
          When mentioning Texas oil, another factor is the small amount (~2%) of federal land in Texas. Banning new fracking on public lands shouldn't affect Texas oil production.
          Yes, exactly. New drilling and fracking on private lands will go on and oil prices will go up. We will all be paying at the pumps. Let me know if you see a good deal on an used Tesla.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Moliere
            One man.....one pie
            • Oct 2009
            • 27882

            #1910
            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            And we will be paying big time at the pumps! That is why I am hedging on solar.
            God willing


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

            Comment

            • Paperback Writer
              Signature won a Pulitzer
              • Nov 2010
              • 5211

              #1911
              Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              God willing
              +1
              Never was a fan of big oil until one of my sons graduated and took a great job with that large energy company HQ north of Houston.
              “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
              "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

              Comment

              • Non Sequitur
                Where did I put my bodkin
                • Nov 2008
                • 5773

                #1912
                Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                If you think that you are better off than you were four years ago then Joe says you shouldn't vote for him (like 56% of other Americans): https://streamable.com/t6x95p
                Four years ago I was reasonably happy and never had homicidal fantasies. Now I spend an embarrassing amount of time each day googling how to telepathically will someone's heart to stop beating.
                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #1913
                  Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                  Four years ago I was reasonably happy and never had homicidal fantasies. Now I spend an embarrassing amount of time each day googling how to telepathically will someone's heart to stop beating.
                  So it sounds like you are better off now... you have lots of free time! Joe doesn't want you to vote for him. May I suggest: https://jo20.com/
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • beefytee
                    Board eye candy
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 7542

                    #1914
                    Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    So it sounds like you are better off now... you have lots of free time! Joe doesn't want you to vote for him. May I suggest: https://jo20.com/
                    With unemployment up over 60% since Trump took office lots of people have more free time! No wonder so many people say they are better off!

                    Comment

                    • Moliere
                      One man.....one pie
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 27882

                      #1915
                      Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      So it sounds like you are better off now... you have lots of free time! Joe doesn't want you to vote for him. May I suggest: https://jo20.com/
                      MJ is voting for Jo. She won’t vote for Trump or for a Democrat so she decided to vote for Jo.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                      Comment

                      • Uncle Ted
                        The Big 12 money shot.
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 28853

                        #1916
                        Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        MJ is voting for Jo. She won’t vote for Trump or for a Democrat so she decided to vote for Jo.
                        You married a very smart woman... congrats!
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • beefytee
                          Board eye candy
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 7542

                          #1917
                          Against all odds, my wife's, my son's, and my ballot arrived in the mail today. Could have sworn they would have ended up in a ditch somewhere. It's a miracle!

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69706

                            #1918
                            Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                            Against all odds, my wife's, my son's, and my ballot arrived in the mail today. Could have sworn they would have ended up in a ditch somewhere. It's a miracle!
                            Same here!

                            Also in the mail today: a letter from the republican party addressed to my dad begging him to register to vote and then vote for trump. He passed away four years ago this november.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Uncle Ted
                              The Big 12 money shot.
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 28853

                              #1919
                              Donald Trump backed: New poll shows overwhelming support for US President


                              DONALD TRUMP is trailing his Democrat rival Joe Biden in US opinion polls but a new UK survey has put the President way out in front in the race for the White House.

                              An exclusive Express.co.uk poll found a vast majority of readers backed Mr Trump's bid for another four years in the Oval Office despite his poor ratings stateside.

                              The online poll revealed a staggering 80 percent (7,957 people) said they would vote for Mr Trump if they could take part in next month's election.
                              [...]
                              DONALD TRUMP is trailing his Democrat rival Joe Biden in US opinion polls but a new UK survey has put the President way out in front in the race for the White House.



                              Wow... there are some big Drumpf fanboys in the UK:

                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • Bo Diddley
                                Senior
                                • Jul 2012
                                • 18791

                                #1920
                                Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...0-express-poll


                                Wow... there are some big Drumpf fanboys in the UK:

                                There are. The Brexit folks align with Trump. We saw some demonstrators when we were there earlier this year.

                                Comment

                                Working...