Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post
    I said the tweet was powerful.

Trump is simply the reflection in the mirror of a majority of conservatives. Do you really think Mitt is that upset about what Trump does/has been doing? He could have easily carved out a coalition of moderate Republicans and stopped this madness 2 years ago. But the reality is they agree with 99% of what he says and what he does.

Stuart Stevens is right, it was all a lie.

What conservatives care about is the white grievance culture war.
    Yes, of course he is upset. No rational person could conclude otherwise.

The man literally voted to impeach trump. Yet somehow he could have done more! smh.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Yes, of course he is upset. No rational person could conclude otherwise.

The man literally voted to impeach trump. Yet somehow he could have done more! smh.
      HE COULD HAVE STOPPED THIS SHIT SHOW TWO YEARS AGO!
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        HE COULD HAVE STOPPED THIS SHIT SHOW TWO YEARS AGO!
        Do you not know how the senate works? The numbers the GOP has had the last 2 years?

He voted with Trump more than Mike Lee.

Mitt had a unique position, former nominee, insanely rich, and widely respected. He could have easily stopped Trump and been a legitimate check on this bull shit from the second he walked into the senate.

He decided to virtue signal on Twitter while rubber stamping Trump’s bull shit.

Here’s a hot take, if McCain was still alive he would have corralled Trump’s behavior which would have likely led to his re-election.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          This is not my experience with the majority conservatives in my circle.
          Really? Have your conservative friends left the GOP?

What do conservatives even believe anymore?

Pro life? Sure unless it comes to a decision between those over 70 and their 401ks.
          Pro free market? Sure unless it’s tariffs.
          Character matters? Sure unless it’s a dude who rapes his wife, sexualizes his daughter and probs raped multiple women.
          Fiscal responsibility? Nah.
          Judicial restraint? Yes unless it comes to needing activist judges to overturn an election.
          Small government close to the people? I guess if that means hiring your kids.

It’s a party for white grievance and owning the libs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
            This is not my experience with the majority conservatives in my circle.
            Really? Have your conservative friends left the GOP?

What do conservatives even believe anymore?

Pro life? Sure unless it comes to a decision between those over 70 and their 401ks.
            Pro free market? Sure unless it’s tariffs.
            Character matters? Sure unless it’s a dude who rapes his wife, sexualizes his daughter and probs raped multiple women.
            Fiscal responsibility? Nah.
            Judicial restraint? Yes unless it comes to needing activist judges to overturn an election.
            Small government close to the people? I guess if that means hiring your kids.

It’s a party for white grievance and owning the libs.

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post
              He voted with Trump more than Mike Lee.
              What does this have to do with anything? Are you suggesting he should vote against bills he believes in just to oppose the president?

Comment

• "I wonder why conservatives don't just flock to support us Democrats? I genuinely don't understand why those evil, science denying, inhuman, worthless, uneducated fairytale God believing assholes don't see what's good for them."

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                  What does this have to do with anything? Are you suggesting he should vote against bills he believes in just to oppose the president?
                  Yeah that is exactly the logic and it is absurd.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Yeah that is exactly the logic and it is absurd.
                    It has never been about Trump's legislative priorities. His twitter account, behavior, and use of executive authority is the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                      It has never been about Trump's legislative priorities. His twitter account, behavior, and use of executive authority is the problem.
                      Exactly. And the fact that his legislative priorities mostly overlap with traditional conservative ideals is precisely the reason why so many people are willing to make excuses for him and overlook what a horrible person and leader he is.

Comment

Exactly. And the fact that his legislative priorities mostly overlap with traditional conservative ideals is precisely the reason why so many people are willing to make excuses for him and overlook what a horrible person and leader he is.
                        He doesn’t have legislative priorities. He has things he doesn’t care about (which is 90% of his job) and defers to the federalist society.
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                          He doesn’t have legislative priorities. He has things he doesn’t care about (which is 90% of his job) and defers to the federalist society.
                          Yet somehow he lets Stephen Miller have free reign of his batshit white nationalist immigration policy. Never once has he said, 'you know this family separation/immigrant torture policy is cruel, unnecessary, ineffective to achieve its stated purpose, and also, since I'm a narcissist, really makes me look bad. Stephen, take a hike.'

Trump's a piece of shit-- don't get it twisted.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

In some ways Trump is beyond conservative. In some ways, Trump isn't very conservative. He tries to routinely take decision making power away from state govs. he doesn't like, his national defense policy is awful and pro-dictator.

Comment

huh? traditional conservative ideals like free trade, federalism, fiscal responsibility, unwillingness to countenance foreign authoritarians, a free press, the second amendment? trump has been in open warfare with every one of those ideals. in fact, i'm not sure where the ideology of his presidency (and not his ideology, because he is clearly not beholden to any ideology) aligns with conservatism other than maybe immigration (and we have enough data points to unequivocally say he's screwed that up in cruel ways) and conservative jurists. people look to him precisely because he is a horrible person and leader, because he owns the libs.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                huh? traditional conservative ideals like free trade, federalism, fiscal responsibility, unwillingness to countenance foreign authoritarians, a free press, the second amendment? trump has been in open warfare with every one of those ideals. in fact, i'm not sure where the ideology of his presidency (and not his ideology, because he is clearly not beholden to any ideology) aligns with conservatism other than maybe immigration (and we have enough data points to unequivocally say he's screwed that up in cruel ways) and conservative jurists. people look to him precisely because he is a horrible person and leader, because he owns the libs.
                                “Trump 2020, because f*** you again” may be the most accurate campaign slogan of all time.

Comment

Working...
                                X