No announcement yet.

Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey anyone know how Ted or Walter are doing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Now who’s the dean? View Post

Any GOP senator who uses the language of the impeachment articles as an excuse for not convicting was never going to convict under any circumstances. And it’s probably most of them.

**And I don’t agree with that in the workplace**
      Maybe. I think there could be a few that would have found it easier to convict if the impeachment articles weren't founded on incitement. That's pretty hard to prove and the Democrats didn't need to go that far to justify the impeachment.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post

Maybe. I think there could be a few that would have found it easier to convict if the impeachment articles weren't founded on incitement. That's pretty hard to prove and the Democrats didn't need to go that far to justify the impeachment.
        I find it hard to believe that incitement language will be the (honest) deciding factor for even a single senator. If they use that excuse they would have found another one. I would love for congress to hold Trump accountable, but the GOP has demonstrated pretty conclusively that they are unwilling to do that. Oh well. It feels pretty good just to have him gone.

**And I don’t agree with that in the workplace**

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          Hey anyone know how Ted or Walter are doing?
          Ted’s doing great. He’s posting in other places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Where? Parler? Why did he leave?

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
              Where? Parler? Why did he leave?
              FB for starters.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Hmm. I must not be FB friends with him. Dang.

Comment

• So I've been wondering...

If Trump is convicted of something worthy of jail time, does some Secret Service guy have to be in there with him the whole time too?

Comment

• Good question but I am guessing his protection detail is contingent on him not being a convicted felon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      Good question but I am guessing his protection detail is contingent on him not being a convicted felon.
                      I know it's wrong, but I can't help but think about the Donald taking a shiv in the yard from an imprisoned immigrant or a guy whose business got stiffed by one of Trump's many failed business ventures.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

I know it's wrong, but I can't help but think about the Donald taking a shiv in the yard from an imprisoned immigrant or a guy whose business got stiffed by one of Trump's many failed business ventures.
                        This is what I'm picturing:
                        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• These kind of stupid shenanigans from the Republicans are going to backfire I think. But it is obvious they want to avoid the airing of the evidence because it's going to be impossible to keep it from making Trump and his enablers look really bad. Also, the argument that an impeachment trial can't happen now because his term expired is ridiculous. There is no way in hell the founders intended to allow a president who loses in November to have an absolute blank check to abuse his power however he wants between then and the inauguration of the next president just because "there isn't enough time" to carry out the impeachment process. It flies in the face of everything Constitutional checks and balances were established for.

Also don't forget it was the Republican majority leader in the first place who wouldn't allow the trial to happen before Trump's term ran out. Of course the truth is the Republicans are desperate to avoid having the evidence laid out and discussed for the public to see. It's clear now that as a party they would choose to destroy our Constitutional system if they could get away with it to keep Trump in power. It's beyond disgusting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...eachment%3famp
                          Last edited by BlueK; 01-29-2021, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                            These kind of stupid shenanigans from the Republicans are going to backfire I think. But it is obvious they want to avoid the airing of the evidence because it's going to be impossible to keep it from making Trump and his enablers look really bad. Also, the argument that an impeachment trial can't happen now because his term expired is ridiculous. There is no way in hell the founders intended to allow a president who loses in November to have an absolute blank check to abuse his power however he wants between then and the inauguration of the next president just because "there isn't enough time" to carry out the impeachment process. It flies in the face of everything Constitutional checks and balances were established for.
                            Also don't forget it was the Republican majority leader in the first place who wouldn't allow the trial to happen before Trump's term ran out. Of course the truth is the Republicans are desperate to avoid having the evidence laid out and discussed for the public to see. It's clear now that as a party they would choose to destroy our Constitutional system if they could get away with it to keep Trump in power. It's beyond disgusting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...eachment%3famp
                            As you note, most GOP senators want to avoid a trial at all costs as it will put a spotlight on Trump’s despicable behavior and possibly prevent il Duce arancione’s return to office. They think they have a high-minded and noble defense by contending impeachment of a former president is unconstitutional but I (and constitutional scholars not named Dershowitz, who has sold his soul, perhaps to the Friends of Epstein) strongly disagree. The Constitution states that impeachment can have only two consequences: removal from office and “disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States.” As you note, if a soon-to-leave President knows there won’t be time to hold (or a crony in Congress will block) a trial before his final day, he could do whatever he wants, unafraid it would prevent him from running in the future. It’s essential that Congress have the power to impose the penalty of disqualification, even after a wrongdoer President skips town.

I think Mike Lee’s dad would firmly reject his son’s apparent belief that a departing President can escape the consequences of impeachment.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

As you note, most GOP senators want to avoid a trial at all costs as it will put a spotlight on Trump’s despicable behavior and possibly prevent il Duce arancione’s return to office. They think they have a high-minded and noble defense by contending impeachment of a former president is unconstitutional but I (and constitutional scholars not named Dershowitz, who has sold his soul, perhaps to the Friends of Epstein) strongly disagree. The Constitution states that impeachment can have only two consequences: removal from office and “disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States.” As you note, if a soon-to-leave President knows there won’t be time to hold (or a crony in Congress will block) a trial before his final day, he could do whatever he wants, unafraid it would prevent him from running in the future. It’s essential that Congress have the power to impose the penalty of disqualification, even after a wrongdoer President skips town.

I think Mike Lee’s dad would firmly reject his son’s apparent belief that a departing President can escape the consequences of impeachment.
                              I trusted Rex Lee's takes on the Constitution. His son is proving to be a clown willing to trade his integrity for his opportunity to be President someday as he supposes.

Should I mention he and I went to high school together? He was kind of full of himself even back then, I thought.

Comment

• You don’t say?
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X