President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bo Diddley
    Senior
    • Jul 2012
    • 18791

    #676
    Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    Looking at pictures of that, now I know what to call that ugly thing on my heels. They can hurt like a mother sometimes, especially when I am doing a lot of mileage or lots of hill running. The worst part is that my shoes wear out in the heels before anywhere else.
    I've got those too. No pain yet.

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37987

      #677
      Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
      Looking at pictures of that, now I know what to call that ugly thing on my heels. They can hurt like a mother sometimes, especially when I am doing a lot of mileage or lots of hill running. The worst part is that my shoes wear out in the heels before anywhere else.
      Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      I've got those too. No pain yet.
      Hmmm, looks like I might have it too. Not too bad though. No pain, but my shoes do wear a little more in that area.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Bo Diddley
        Senior
        • Jul 2012
        • 18791

        #678
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Hmmm, looks like I might have it too. Not too bad though. No pain, but my shoes do wear a little more in that area.
        On my first IT Band round, I ended up getting some orthotics that help correct the way my foot hits the ground. I'm hoping that correction has stopped it from getting to the point of pain.

        Comment

        • Walter Sobchak
          Adventurer
          • Oct 2009
          • 3815

          #679
          Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
          The also often, much like violence, break the silence.
          And come crashing in, into my little world.

          Words are very unnecessary; they can only do harm.


          Speaking of harm.... my daughter's middle school is prepared.

          msss.jpg
          Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 01-19-2017, 05:42 PM.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

          Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

          Comment

          • PaloAltoCougar
            Semper infra dignitatem
            • Nov 2008
            • 16936

            #680
            It will be interesting decades from now to see if/how kids today remember tomorrow's events (too bad I won't be around to see how interesting). I remember watching JFK's inauguration while in the third grade. Although I don't recall much. I remember noticing how cold it must have been; I remember Robert Frost reading a poem (we had read a poem or two of his earlier that year); and I remember feeling happy JFK's talk was so short (I was used to some church talks that seemed interminable). I also remember thinking his "Ask not..." epigram sounded pretty good. Looking back, that was probably the best inaugural address of my lifetime, but perhaps that's also because it was the shortest. I don't have any hope for something similar tomorrow. Trump is no Kennedy, and Kellyanne is no Ted Sorenson.

            I think the best we can hope for is that tomorrow NOT be memorable.

            Comment

            • creekster
              It is NOT a monkey!
              • Nov 2008
              • 22661

              #681
              I just hope he acts like a president.

              May God have mercy on us all.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

              Comment

              • Moliere
                One man.....one pie
                • Oct 2009
                • 27882

                #682
                I hope he rides an escalator up to the podium.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                Comment

                • Topper
                  Pre-Historic Man
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 11764

                  #683
                  Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  It will be interesting decades from now to see if/how kids today remember tomorrow's events (too bad I won't be around to see how interesting). I remember watching JFK's inauguration while in the third grade. Although I don't recall much. I remember noticing how cold it must have been; I remember Robert Frost reading a poem (we had read a poem or two of his earlier that year); and I remember feeling happy JFK's talk was so short (I was used to some church talks that seemed interminable). I also remember thinking his "Ask not..." epigram sounded pretty good. Looking back, that was probably the best inaugural address of my lifetime, but perhaps that's also because it was the shortest. I don't have any hope for something similar tomorrow. Trump is no Kennedy, and Kellyanne is no Ted Sorenson.

                  I think the best we can hope for is that tomorrow NOT be memorable.
                  I have no memory of JFK's inauguration, as I was probably sucking Goat's favorite appendage of Ms. Jamison at the time.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                  Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                  Comment

                  • PaloAltoCougar
                    Semper infra dignitatem
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 16936

                    #684
                    Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow. I hope they build a canopy to protect the Donald's coiffeur during his address. If not, it'd be great if MoTab broke into a spontaneous chorus of "Someone left the cake out in the rain, etc."

                    Comment

                    • PaloAltoCougar
                      Semper infra dignitatem
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 16936

                      #685
                      Originally posted by Topper View Post
                      I have no memory of JFK's inauguration, as I was probably sucking Goat's favorite appendage of Ms. Jamison at the time.
                      I don't think Jenna's that old, but I'm impressed.

                      Comment

                      • myboynoah
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 21719

                        #686
                        BIG DAY TODAY!!!!

                        Let us all be about making America great again! Giterdun!
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                        For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                        Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                        Comment

                        • Walter Sobchak
                          Adventurer
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 3815

                          #687
                          Milo speaking at UW on Fri night. SU... do you need a +1?
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

                          Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

                          Comment

                          • Uncle Ted
                            The Big 12 money shot.
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 28853

                            #688
                            Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                            And come crashing in, into my little world.

                            Words are very unnecessary; they can only do harm.


                            Speaking of harm.... my daughter's middle school is prepared.

                            [ATTACH]7689[/ATTACH]
                            An "alternate location"... Dems crack me up.

                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Applejack
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2012
                              • 3813

                              #689
                              Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              An "alternate location"... Dems crack me up.

                              It's funny, but Uncle Ted is the most pro-Trump poster on this board. That whole libertarian thing was just a front.

                              Comment

                              • Uncle Ted
                                The Big 12 money shot.
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 28853

                                #690
                                Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                                It's funny, but Uncle Ted is the most pro-Trump poster on this board. That whole libertarian thing was just a front.
                                Yeah I am pro-Trump, hoping he will burn down DC so the libertarians can take it over and build it right.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...