Should they stay or should they go: Brexit 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
    Mayhem. The pound is down 11% against the dollar. The Nikkei is down 8% and tripping breakers.
    I doubt the pound stays down. So should we buy the pound for a long hold?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
      Britain leaves. Good for Britain. Good for US.
      Huh, apparently Brits like representative democracy and sovereignty.
      "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Originally posted by venkman View Post
        Huh, apparently Brits like representative democracy and sovereignty.
        Hoorah for Britain!

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Any idea what kind of ESPN deal GB will get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
            Britain leaves. Good for Britain. Good for US.
            How so?

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              How so?
              Great Britain is an ally of the US. It is the US's only true ally. The dilution of loyalty through the rest of the EU harms the US.

Moreover, the dilution of the power of the EU empowers the US economy. Britain is stronger and the EU is weaker. Fantastic! Down with the EU. The Netherlands is next.

Comment

According to the Time article the main drawback to Britain leaving the EU is that the remaining EU countries will make it as difficult as possible to renegotiate trade deals. It doesn't seem to mention anything positive that is actually accomplished by the EU for Britain; rather, the EU bureaucracy will try punish Britain for its decision to leave them.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                  According to the Time article the main drawback to Britain leaving the EU is that the remaining EU countries will make it as difficult as possible to renegotiate trade deals. It doesn't seem to mention anything positive that is actually accomplished by the EU for Britain; rather, the EU bureaucracy will try punish Britain for its decision to leave them.
                  The Netherlands will leave and the writing is on the wall. The EU is dead.

Comment

David Cameron not sticking around to clean up this shit.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                      David Cameron not sticking around to clean up this shit.

I like that Obama and Hillary got the middle finger after lecturing the Brits.

Comment

There is that school of thought. But doesn't Britain run a trade deficit with the rest of the EU and the US? Why would the EU throw that away over spite? You would think Britain could negotiate an arrangement like Norway or Switzerland.

Comment

Anna Soubry, the Conservative Business Minister, has told the BBC: "This is a dreadful day... a dreadful for our economy and I think also a dreadful day for our country".

She added that it was "one of the worst days of my life".
                          Seems like England is having its Trump moment. This vote was carried largely by the less educated, anti-establishment, nationalist/populist forces. Ugh...
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Seems like England is having its Trump moment. This vote was carried largely by the less educated, anti-establishment, nationalist/populist forces. Ugh...
                            The important question is why are western institutions losing identification and legitimacy? I have watched in America as the left has pushed an agenda of identity politics and then they run around in horror when poor white folk start rallying around somebody who says to them: "I feel your pain."

This might not end well.
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Maybe it's time to go back to the Electoral College.

Comment

Sounds like a fearmongering argument to me. I haven't followed any of this at all but I can see the "stay" people using this one...which is hilariously dumb.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X