SCOTUS

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 37975

    #526
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • Northwestcoug
      Cocked and Loaded
      • May 2011
      • 18016

      #527
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      When this flag story broke, I had no idea that an upside down flag had anything to do with January 6. The traditional meaning is a sign of distress. Well it turns out that a careful Google search of the dates in question shows that it was NOT a symbol of the insurrection.

      https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...BzZHowOQ%3D%3D





      It looks like you have all been had.
      Not so fast Alito apologist!

      Alito seems to fly a lot of his freak flags. His 'Appeal to Heaven' flag at his beach house was suspiciously removed this week!

      https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/22/u...to-heaven.html
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

      Comment

      • Bo Diddley
        Senior
        • Jul 2012
        • 18789

        #528
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        When this flag story broke, I had no idea that an upside down flag had anything to do with January 6. The traditional meaning is a sign of distress. Well it turns out that a careful Google search of the dates in question shows that it was NOT a symbol of the insurrection.

        It looks like you have all been had.
        Yeah, I don't buy it. Is it an official symbol even today? What qualifies? Regardless, God fearing America loving patriots who happen to support Trump were flying the flag upside down, sometimes even before the Stop the Steal movement, but also at the January 6 protest. I happen to pay attention to such things and it gets under my skin.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69687

          #529
          Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

          Not so fast Alito apologist!

          Alito seems to fly a lot of his freak flags. His 'Appeal to Heaven' flag at his beach house was suspiciously removed this week!

          https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/22/u...to-heaven.html
          Lol.

          Alito critics right now:

          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Northwestcoug
            Cocked and Loaded
            • May 2011
            • 18016

            #530
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

            Lol.

            Alito critics right now:

            Ha before you run your victory lap, you sure want to declare the Alito flag story dead? There's gotta be another flag out there somewhere, and journalists smell blood.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

            Comment

            • Maximus
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 6017

              #531
              Completely normal.flag am I right.

              Comment

              • Pelado
                Bald not naked
                • Sep 2010
                • 21139

                #532
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                When this flag story broke, I had no idea that an upside down flag had anything to do with January 6. The traditional meaning is a sign of distress. Well it turns out that a careful Google search of the dates in question shows that it was NOT a symbol of the insurrection.

                https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...BzZHowOQ%3D%3D


                The Times loaded up its false claims with links, giving the impression that it had gobs of proof, but when you click on those links, they have nothing to do with the Times’s assertions.

                It looks like you have all been had.
                When did TedBot start working for the NY Times?
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69687

                  #533
                  Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

                  Ha before you run your victory lap, you sure want to declare the Alito flag story dead? There's gotta be another flag out there somewhere, and journalists smell blood.
                  Ron Swanson is a J6 sympathizer!

                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69687

                    #534
                    Mike Johnson has had an appeal to heaven flag outside his office for ages. Nobody made too big of a deal about it until today when the dog whistle went off.



                    Seems like every idiot in politics is obsessed with flags these days.

                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • frank ryan
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12352

                      #535
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                      Lol.

                      Alito critics right now:

                      Mike Johnson having that flag doesn't lend any sort of credibility to that stuff. And Johnson's a partisan politician not a supreme justice. That's an important distinction. I am sort of surprised that you find the situation as one that is laughable.

                      This isn't normal shit.

                      Hat tip to any federal judge: Just fly the American flag on your properties. Not weird MAGA and MAGA-adjacent stuff. And don't fly it in the SOS position.

                      Comment

                      • All-American
                        Right, as Usual
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 15664

                        #536
                        I can just see this story slowly bending toward Basil Marceaux, the Tennessee gubernatorial candidate who among other things refuses to acknowledge an American flag that has the gold fringe.

                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                        Comment

                        • Maximus
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 6017

                          #537
                          mike johnson is a stolen election supporter...

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69687

                            #538
                            Originally posted by frank ryan View Post

                            Mike Johnson having that flag doesn't lend any sort of credibility to that stuff. And Johnson's a partisan politician not a supreme justice. That's an important distinction. I am sort of surprised that you find the situation as one that is laughable.

                            This isn't normal shit.

                            Hat tip to any federal judge: Just fly the American flag on your properties. Not weird MAGA and MAGA-adjacent stuff. And don't fly it in the SOS position.
                            If you truly believe that just because a couple of idiots happened to have that flag on January 6 that anyone who flies it thereafter is a sympathizer and therefore the flag is forever tainted and off limits, you’ve lost your mind.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Uncle Ted
                              The Big 12 money shot.
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 28853

                              #539
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                              If you truly believe that just because a couple of idiots happened to have that flag on January 6 that anyone who flies it thereafter is a sympathizer and therefore the flag is forever tainted and off limits, you’ve lost your mind.
                              I have Gadsden and Gonzales flags, and fly them now and then... just to piss off my snowflake neighbors. Actually most Texans fly the Gonzales flag. Come and take it, you transgendered B*tches!
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • fusnik
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 4475

                                #540
                                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                                If you truly believe that just because a couple of idiots happened to have that flag on January 6 that anyone who flies it thereafter is a sympathizer and therefore the flag is forever tainted and off limits, you’ve lost your mind.
                                You’ve lost your mind.

                                It’s insane to believe that the house of Alito would fly an upside down flag in response to a profane lawn sign and that Sam would have nothing to do with that.

                                Most charitable explanation for the flag is that the Alitos were trolling a neighbor with STS nonsense.

                                Most extreme explanation is the Alitos were full blown STS sympathizers.

                                Either way he’s not demonstrating a temperament that should be ruling on STS motions before SCOTUS.



                                Comment

                                Working...