Penn St. 2.0?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • myboynoah
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 21719

    #31
    Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    This quote is weird:



    So he's going to investigate when he knew and when he knew it? That's like having Andrew Fastow investigate accounting improprieties at Enron. They might want to look at having an external group look into this, or maybe they think it's no big deal because it's swimming.
    I believe they are going to have an outside group do just that. Still, an odd quote and makes one wonder what the good doctor has been doing that he seems to need someone else get to the bottom of this issue. Probably too busy pursing the Pac to care.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

    Comment

    • dabrockster
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 10951

      #32
      Speaking of Penn St. I wonder what this guy has in mind...

      Comment

      • The_Douger
        Athletic Supporter
        • Jun 2012
        • 5413

        #33
        Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        This quote is weird:



        So he's going to investigate when he knew and when he knew it? That's like having Andrew Fastow investigate accounting improprieties at Enron. They might want to look at having an external group look into this, or maybe they think it's no big deal because it's swimming.
        They say they are having an external group look in to it, however that group is led by 2 all star attorney's that graduated from, you guessed it, the University of Utah.
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

        Comment

        • Jarid in Cedar
          CS Institutional Memory
          • Jun 2009
          • 13234

          #34
          Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
          They say they are having an external group look in to it, however that group is led by 2 all star attorney's that graduated from, you guessed it, the University of Utah.
          So they should hire two guys who went to BYU?
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

          -Rick Majerus

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69723

            #35
            Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
            So they should hire two guys who went to BYU?
            Surely those aren't the only two choices.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • The_Douger
              Athletic Supporter
              • Jun 2012
              • 5413

              #36
              Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
              So they should hire two guys who went to BYU?
              Yeah, that's what I said. They should hire someone who's not associated with their school at all. One of these guys was recently an alumni of the year or something. If you're going to investigate wrongdoing at your school, you probably shouldn't hire alumni to do the dirty work.
              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

              Comment

              • San Juan Sun
                Kicked to the curb
                • Dec 2009
                • 9214

                #37
                Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                So they should hire two guys who went to BYU?
                It's where Utah gets their coaches and university presidents.
                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                - Ty Cobb

                Comment

                • Pheidippides
                  Liberal Feminazi
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14759

                  #38
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Surely those aren't the only two choices.
                  I suspect the investigation will be fine in spite of the ties, but it looks really bad. Have one Utah alum and two non Utah (and non BYU) alums too.
                  Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #39
                    What I really want to know is whether or not anyone here knows Chris Hill and thinks this is in or out of character for him. That will be the determining factor, IMO.

                    Comment

                    • Moliere
                      One man.....one pie
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 27889

                      #40
                      Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                      They say they are having an external group look in to it, however that group is led by 2 all star attorney's that graduated from, you guessed it, the University of Utah.
                      This can't be true....but if it is it basically means the U doesn't give a rats ass about the allegations or about doing a proper investigation.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                      Comment

                      • Moliere
                        One man.....one pie
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 27889

                        #41
                        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        What I really want to know is whether or not anyone here knows Chris Hill and thinks this is in or out of character for him. That will be the determining factor, IMO.
                        I don't know him but I doubt he has trouble getting his utilities turned on when he wants them turned on.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                        Comment

                        • Jarid in Cedar
                          CS Institutional Memory
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 13234

                          #42
                          Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          This can't be true....but if it is it basically means the U doesn't give a rats ass about the allegations or about doing a proper investigation.
                          You are not a very good troll. But I agree that it means the U doesn't give a rats ass for what other people think
                          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                          -Rick Majerus

                          Comment

                          • Moliere
                            One man.....one pie
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 27889

                            #43
                            Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                            You are not a very good troll. But I agree that it means the U doesn't give a rats ass for what other people think
                            So now that the UU is obviously not taking any of the allegations seriously, can I now make light of the situation?
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                            Comment

                            • Jarid in Cedar
                              CS Institutional Memory
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 13234

                              #44
                              Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              So now that the UU is obviously not taking any of the allegations seriously, can I now make light of the situation?
                              Depends on how much mocking and chastisement you wish to have heaped upon yourself.
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                              -Rick Majerus

                              Comment

                              • Jarid in Cedar
                                CS Institutional Memory
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 13234

                                #45
                                And in shocking news, other sides to the story are starting to surface



                                This is a former swimmer from the 2006-2010 teams. The only logical conclusion that can be drawn is that he is lying, as is the father of the primary antagonist. Reality falls somewhere between.
                                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                                -Rick Majerus

                                Comment

                                Working...