What is wrong with California?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #481
    im terrified by the whole thing. those pics are very scary. Babes texted me some of them late one evening just to give me nightmares. that is the kind of person she is.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • smokymountainrain
      Impressive Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 22593

      #482
      Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      Who doesn't have a problem with clowns? Bryce Harper also agrees.
      Okay! Sorry for asking a clown question, bro.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

      Comment

      • The_Tick
        Made something of myself
        • Nov 2008
        • 7291

        #483
        Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        Why do people have a problem with those clowns?
        Some of them are causing some mischief.

        My oldest is deathly afraid of clowns. Like panic attack levels.

        Comment

        • smokymountainrain
          Impressive Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22593

          #484
          Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
          Some of them are causing some mischief.
          My oldest is deathly afraid of clowns. Like panic attack levels.
          Makes sense.

          I know some people are scared of clowns, but never understood it. Maybe it's John Wayne Gacy's fault.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

          Comment

          • Paperback Writer
            Signature won a Pulitzer
            • Nov 2010
            • 5211

            #485
            Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            Makes sense.

            I know some people are scared of clowns, but never understood it. Maybe it's John Wayne Gacy's fault.
            Stephen King might have had something to do with It.
            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

            Comment

            • smokymountainrain
              Impressive Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22593

              #486
              Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
              Stephen King might have had something to do with It.
              maybe, but non-fiction > fiction.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

              Comment

              • Flystripper
                Degenerate Gambler
                • Nov 2008
                • 14089

                #487
                Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                Makes sense.

                I know some people are scared of clowns, but never understood it. Maybe it's John Wayne Gacy's fault.
                I am not scared of clowns per se, but I do find them a bit creepy.
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

                Comment

                • Commando
                  Explosivo
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 20748

                  #488
                  I am fascinated by the idea of clowns and how they kind of came into the cultural lexicon and evolved into a symbol of mental disease and elevated terror. Too bad the ICP had to white trash the imagery. Some of my favorite clown illustrations are on the inside jacket of the first Mr. Bungle cd... from an old comic book called "A Cotton Candy Autopsy." I used to love to just stare at these and feel uneasy.

                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                  Comment

                  • Nakoma
                    Junior Member
                    • Sep 2013
                    • 571

                    #489
                    Another example why California is consistently rated the worst state to start a business.

                    http://www.latimes.com/local/countyg...021-story.html

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #490
                      From the sounds of it the water situation is Cali is not going to get any better this year...

                      California has about one year of water left. Will you ration now?
                      [...]
                      Right now the state has only about one year of water supply left in its reservoirs, and our strategic backup supply, groundwater, is rapidly disappearing. California has no contingency plan for a persistent drought like this one (let alone a 20-plus-year mega-drought), except, apparently, staying in emergency mode and praying for rain.[...]
                      http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...313-story.html

                      Now is a good time to pray for moisture... well, about any time is a good time to pray for moisture but especially now.
                      Last edited by Uncle Ted; 03-20-2015, 02:07 PM.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69686

                        #491
                        Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        From the sounds of it the water situation is Cali is not going to get any better this year...


                        http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...313-story.html

                        Now is a good time to pray for moisture... well, about any time is a good time to pray for moisture but especially now.
                        Last year water usage actually went up. Stupid Californians.

                        I am not sure people appreciate how catastrophic this could be.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • Color Me Badd Fan
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 12519

                          #492
                          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          From the sounds of it the water situation is Cali is not going to get any better this year...


                          http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...313-story.html

                          Now is a good time to pray for moisture... well, about any time is a good time to pray for moisture but especially now.
                          According to Wikipedia, Israel gets 40% of its water through desalination. When push comes to shove, California is going to have build those nuclear and desalination plants. What's going on right now can't continue.

                          I remember a severe drought in the late 80s/ early 90s, the difference now is probably around 10 million more people at least. The amount of precipitation will remain the same over a long period of time, but that's not enough. Build the desalination plants for the people that live within 50 miles of the coast, which is an overwhelming majority of the population, and keep the snow runoff for agriculture.
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                          Comment

                          • Color Me Badd Fan
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 12519

                            #493
                            Apparently they're close to finishing up a desalination plant in Carlsbad.

                            Here's a novel thought, take money away from the high speed rail boondoggle (what is it with libs and choo choo trains?) and attempt to shore up your water needs.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #494
                              Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              According to Wikipedia, Israel gets 40% of its water through desalination. When push comes to shove, California is going to have build those nuclear and desalination plants. What's going on right now can't continue.

                              I remember a severe drought in the late 80s/ early 90s, the difference now is probably around 10 million more people at least. The amount of precipitation will remain the same over a long period of time, but that's not enough. Build the desalination plants for the people that live within 50 miles of the coast, which is an overwhelming majority of the population, and keep the snow runoff for agriculture.
                              actually to that point, you may be more correct than you realize

                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Uncle Ted
                                The Big 12 money shot.
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 28853

                                #495
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                actually to that point, you may be more correct than you realize

                                http://www.kpbs.org/news/2015/mar/19...lose-making-f/
                                The same company is building one up at Huntington Beach as well...



                                Praying for moisture is working!
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...