The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Moliere
    One man.....one pie
    • Oct 2009
    • 27882

    #946
    Originally posted by fusnik View Post
    Yeah Walker was great, especially that part when he wouldn't say he would allow for a life exemption on abortion.

    These GOPers are legit crazy:

    Ripping up the Iran deal
    Overturning all the 'illegal' EOs Obama has signed
    Challenging the SC on same sex marriage
    Building a wall
    Making people take pledges to their party
    Booing Jeb because he didn't say CC was devil inspired
    Talking about the blood of Jesus

    I sat there with a similar thought that I have in church, people don't really believe this stuff, do they?
    Ha, that's funny. Building the wall is my favorite. Do people really want to build a wall all along the Mexican border? What a stupid idea. Any politician who wants to build that wall is dumb.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

    Comment

    • imanihonjin
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2013
      • 3772

      #947
      Originally posted by fusnik View Post
      Yeah Walker was great, especially that part when he wouldn't say he would allow for a life exemption on abortion.

      These GOPers are legit crazy:

      Ripping up the Iran deal
      Overturning all the 'illegal' EOs Obama has signed
      Challenging the SC on same sex marriage
      Building a wall
      Making people take pledges to their party
      Booing Jeb because he didn't say CC was devil inspired
      Talking about the blood of Jesus

      I sat there with a similar thought that I have in church, people don't really believe this stuff, do they?
      Wasn't that Rubio?

      EDIT: I see you are right....Walker and Rubio said strange things on abortion.
      Last edited by imanihonjin; 08-07-2015, 08:28 AM.

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69706

        #948
        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        That debate was interesting. The gang from Fox News was pretty terrific. They asked some hard questions and allowed a good fight or two. After watching I now like Rubio in addition to Walker, Bush and Kasich. I also don't mind Christie as much.
        Seems like a much stronger Republican field than four years ago. Thank heavens.

        And yeah, kudos to Fox News. Although I wish they had not allowed so much applause. Took too much time away from the debate.

        Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        Fox did a good job, except Megyn Kelly hurt Trump's feelings.
        Haha. That was hilarious, wasn't it? What kind of person would vote for this buffoon?

        Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
        I am all in for Trump 2016. In fact, if he is on the ballot, I am going to actually vote. He is the only one that was honest all night long. With the last two presidents, really the last 4, the white house is a joke. Why not go all in?
        Uh... OK.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • imanihonjin
          Junior Member
          • Jun 2013
          • 3772

          #949
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Seems like a much stronger Republican field than four years ago. Thank heavens.

          And yeah, kudos to Fox News. Although I wish they had not allowed so much applause. Took too much time away from the debate.



          Haha. That was hilarious, wasn't it? What kind of person would vote for this buffoon?



          Uh... OK.
          Did you need me to use the sarcasm emoticon? That said....Trump was the only person on the stage who was completely honest. Fox Host: Four of your businesses have declared bankruptcy, why should the people trust you to get things right fiscally? Trump: Hell yes I declared bankruptcy. Why? Because those are the rules of the game and I used them to my advantage.

          Fox Host: You gave money to Hillary and other democrats. Trump: Hell yes I did....its because when I give them money, they owe me a favor that I will call in later.

          This type of honesty is awesome. I wish more politicians were this honest instead of weaseling out of difficult questions and fabricating everything while doing so.

          EDIT: I should note, that Rand Paul is fairly honest, IMO. He has more politician than his dad, who was as honest as Trump, did and does pander sometimes.
          Last edited by imanihonjin; 08-07-2015, 09:07 AM.

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69706

            #950
            Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
            Did you need me to use the sarcasm emoticon? That said....Trump was the only person on the stage who was completely honest. Fox Host: Four of your businesses have declared bankruptcy, why should the people trust you to get things right fiscally? Trump: Hell yes I declared bankruptcy. Why? Because those are the rules of the game and I used them to my advantage.

            Fox Host: You gave money to Hillary and other democrats. Trump: Hell yes I did....its because when I give them money, they owe me a favor that I will call in later.

            This type of honesty is awesome. I wish more politicians were this honest instead of weaseling out of difficult questions and fabricating everything while doing so.

            EDIT: I should note, that Rand Paul is fairly honest, IMO. He has more politician than his dad, who was as honest as Trump, did and does pander sometimes.
            Seriously, I can't think of a candidate that fits you more perfectly than Donald Trump.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • imanihonjin
              Junior Member
              • Jun 2013
              • 3772

              #951
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Seriously, I can't think of a candidate that fits you more perfectly than Donald Trump.
              Ha, whats funny is that Trump is closer to you on the political spectrum than he is to me, but whatever.

              Comment

              • fusnik
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 4475

                #952
                Kasich has facial tics that are distracting, SJBH.

                I always thought he'd end up being a VP candidate for Jeb.

                Comment

                • Omaha 680
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 11181

                  #953
                  Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                  Kasich has facial tics that are distracting, SJBH.

                  I always thought he'd end up being a VP candidate for Jeb.
                  You probably think Christie is too fat and Hillary is too ugly.

                  Comment

                  • fusnik
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 4475

                    #954
                    Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    You probably think Christie is too fat and Hillary is too ugly.
                    Christie is fat. Too fat.

                    You cant lead the free world if you don't have the self discipline to not shove down pizza down your throat for 50 years.

                    Just like you shouldn't lead the free world if you are talking about bathing in the blood of Jesus during a presidential debate.

                    Comment

                    • Omaha 680
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 11181

                      #955
                      Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                      Christie is fat. Too fat.

                      You cant lead the free world if you don't have the self discipline to not shove down pizza down your throat for 50 years.

                      Just like you shouldn't lead the free world if you are talking about bathing in the blood of Jesus during a presidential debate.
                      Did someone say that about Jesus's blood? Oh, my.

                      Comment

                      • imanihonjin
                        Junior Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • 3772

                        #956
                        Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                        Did someone say that about Jesus's blood? Oh, my.
                        Wasn't the comment more along the lines of being cleansed by the blood of Jesus?

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #957
                          Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                          Wasn't the comment more along the lines of being cleansed by the blood of Jesus?
                          lol. knock it off.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • imanihonjin
                            Junior Member
                            • Jun 2013
                            • 3772

                            #958
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            lol. knock it off.
                            Here is what he said:

                            “I’m certainly an imperfect man, and it’s only through the blood of Jesus Christ that I’ve been redeemed for my sins,”

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #959
                              Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                              Here is what he said:
                              yeah, i didnt doubt your recollection but im still going to go ahead and ask you to knock it off!
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • imanihonjin
                                Junior Member
                                • Jun 2013
                                • 3772

                                #960
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                yeah, i didnt doubt your recollection but im still going to go ahead and ask you to knock it off!
                                Why? What is wrong with what he said?

                                Comment

                                Working...