The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • imanihonjin
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 3772

    #8866
    Saw this gem on Facebook.

    America, what you've basically told American women tonight is: "Ladies, run for president and we will only take you as seriously as we do a man like Donald Trump." Say whatever you want amount the Senator, but he's not fit to be on that stage with her and I'm embarrassed that he is.

    Comment

    • Goatnapper'96
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 10924

      #8867
      Newt helps us to understand the noble Presidential demeanor and restraint of Donald Trump:



      "Not in front of Chelsea...."
      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
      -General George S. Patton

      I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
      -DOCTOR Wuap

      Comment

      • Clark Addison
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 10314

        #8868
        Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
        Newt helps us to understand the noble Presidential demeanor and restraint of Donald Trump:



        "Not in front of Chelsea...."
        In fact, it is worth looking at a list of online polls to understand the gap between the elites and the vast majority of Americans.
        Nothing proves a point like an online poll.

        Comment

        • BlueK
          Senior Member
          • May 2011
          • 7195

          #8869
          Not sure why anyone would be surprised at Trump's clownish debate performance. That's exactly who he is.

          Comment

          • Moliere
            One man.....one pie
            • Oct 2009
            • 27895

            #8870
            Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
            Nothing proves a point like an online poll.
            To be fair, Trump lost (according to the "elites") pretty much every GOP debate and still won the nomination


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

            Comment

            • BlueK
              Senior Member
              • May 2011
              • 7195

              #8871
              Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              To be fair, Trump lost (according to the "elites") pretty much every GOP debate and still won the nomination


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              different audience. Trump was also leading in the national polls throughout the primary season. He went up and down but he stayed in first place. But he has basically never led Clinton in the polls, so different situation. Doubling down on the Miss Universe fat girl comments isn't going to make him more attractive to general election female voters.
              Last edited by BlueK; 09-28-2016, 09:13 AM.

              Comment

              • Soccermom
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 4063

                #8872
                Is anyone here concerned that Trump might win? Or is everyone pretty confident that the evil person on the left has this thing locked up? A few people in my town who can't stand Hillary will publicly express disgust at Trump, but admit to me privately that they will be marking his bubble come that first Tuesday in November. Given all the stops Hillary has pulled, I expect her to have many tricks up her sleeve to make sure she doesn't lose. I feel like my life will be more screwed by what CA legislators do than either one of them, but I am still depressed that they are the choices.

                Comment

                • Topper
                  Pre-Historic Man
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 11764

                  #8873
                  Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
                  Is anyone here concerned that Trump might win? Or is everyone pretty confident that the evil person on the left has this thing locked up? A few people in my town who can't stand Hillary will publicly express disgust at Trump, but admit to me privately that they will be marking his bubble come that first Tuesday in November. Given all the stops Hillary has pulled, I expect her to have many tricks up her sleeve to make sure she doesn't lose. I feel like my life will be more screwed by what CA legislators do than either one of them, but I am still depressed that they are the choices.
                  It is a depressing set of circumstances, but all indications suggest Clinton will win. Hopefully, Republicans do well enough in the Senate and House races. We need a buffer against her interventionism. I do not envy you living in California, which has a great climate and natural surroundings but awful laws and government.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                  Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                  Comment

                  • myboynoah
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 21719

                    #8874
                    Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
                    Is anyone here concerned that Trump might win? Or is everyone pretty confident that the evil person on the left has this thing locked up? A few people in my town who can't stand Hillary will publicly express disgust at Trump, but admit to me privately that they will be marking his bubble come that first Tuesday in November. Given all the stops Hillary has pulled, I expect her to have many tricks up her sleeve to make sure she doesn't lose. I feel like my life will be more screwed by what CA legislators do than either one of them, but I am still depressed that they are the choices.
                    Yes. JL can't sleep at night over the possibility.

                    Me, I'm all .

                    Write in Mitt!!!
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                    Comment

                    • Goatnapper'96
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 10924

                      #8875
                      Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
                      Is anyone here concerned that Trump might win? Or is everyone pretty confident that the evil person on the left has this thing locked up? A few people in my town who can't stand Hillary will publicly express disgust at Trump, but admit to me privately that they will be marking his bubble come that first Tuesday in November. Given all the stops Hillary has pulled, I expect her to have many tricks up her sleeve to make sure she doesn't lose. I feel like my life will be more screwed by what CA legislators do than either one of them, but I am still depressed that they are the choices.
                      I think that when the dust settles Hillary will win. Donald will do enough dumb things and my guess is despite his silent support he will still have done nothing as far as a get out the vote machine. I think Hillary will outperform the polls because her get out the vote infrastructure will be so much more effective. I think both will suck but am basically numb about it. From my perspective there are advantages to both winning. If she wins I think the Republicans are pretty likely to get the Oval Office back, hopefully with a real candidate, in 4 years who will likely have a Republican Congress. If he wins it will be really entertaining and the weeping and wailing from the left for the first few months will make me chuckle.
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

                      I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

                      Comment

                      • byu71
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22070

                        #8876
                        Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                        I think that when the dust settles Hillary will win. Donald will do enough dumb things and my guess is despite his silent support he will still have done nothing as far as a get out the vote machine. I think Hillary will outperform the polls because her get out the vote infrastructure will be so much more effective. I think both will suck but am basically numb about it. From my perspective there are advantages to both winning. If she wins I think the Republicans are pretty likely to get the Oval Office back, hopefully with a real candidate, in 4 years who will likely have a Republican Congress. If he wins it will be really entertaining and the weeping and wailing from the left for the first few months will make me chuckle.
                        Fortunately I think the polls will show here in Utah that I don't have to vote for either one of them.

                        I agree it would be a lot of fun watching the left implode if he won and the republicans retained congress.

                        Hillary and Donald are such distrusted and sordid characters that if you have a republican congress either one of them who wins will be neutered (sp).

                        One thing the Hillary supporters, even the ones on this board don't understand, is the more they push their PC agenda and try their guilt and embarass techniques, the more people who are on the fence or voting for Trump get even more hardened in their position.

                        Voting for Trump is the way to tell these people to F-off with their guilt trip crap.

                        Comment

                        • Northwestcoug
                          Cocked and Loaded
                          • May 2011
                          • 18034

                          #8877
                          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                          Fortunately I think the polls will show here in Utah that I don't have to vote for either one of them.

                          I agree it would be a lot of fun watching the left implode if he won and the republicans retained congress.

                          Hillary and Donald are such distrusted and sordid characters that if you have a republican congress either one of them who wins will be neutered (sp).

                          One thing the Hillary supporters, even the ones on this board don't understand, is the more they push their PC agenda and try their guilt and embarass techniques, the more people who are on the fence or voting for Trump get even more hardened in their position.

                          Voting for Trump is the way to tell these people to F-off with their guilt trip crap.
                          You mean to tell me all my Trump-bashing here for the last year has only emboldened you to vote for him?!?

                          Crap, I thought I was making some headway
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

                          Comment

                          • Maximus
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 6025

                            #8878
                            Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
                            Is anyone here concerned that Trump might win? Or is everyone pretty confident that the evil person on the left has this thing locked up? A few people in my town who can't stand Hillary will publicly express disgust at Trump, but admit to me privately that they will be marking his bubble come that first Tuesday in November. Given all the stops Hillary has pulled, I expect her to have many tricks up her sleeve to make sure she doesn't lose. I feel like my life will be more screwed by what CA legislators do than either one of them, but I am still depressed that they are the choices.
                            I was before the debate.

                            Comment

                            • byu71
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22070

                              #8879
                              Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              You mean to tell me all my Trump-bashing here for the last year has only emboldened you to vote for him?!?

                              Crap, I thought I was making some headway
                              You have made some very good points and I have given them thought. Can't remember, but I don't think you have demeaned people who aren't on the "i hate Trump bandwaggon, he is Hitler".

                              I can't believe how short the memories are or perhaps a better explanation is no one cares what I say, but the truth is all during the primary from the beginning I have been hammering Trump and what a low character person he is.

                              Now though he isn't running against 15 other republicans I liked far better, but against a democrat and a democrat named Hillary Clinton.

                              Comment

                              • Bo Diddley
                                Senior
                                • Jul 2012
                                • 18808

                                #8880
                                I think Hillary wins the election pretty handily, all things considered. When that happens, does anything change within the GOP? Do they adjust their platform? Do they end up fracturing? I'd love for this to be the beginning of the end of a two party system, but that's probably only wishful thinking.

                                Comment

                                Working...