Michelle Bachmann's Head is a Novelty Fishbowl

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Borderline Divine
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 598

    #91
    Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    Hmmm. Interesting how you point to 3 women and not to the people like Rubio, Paul, etc... Who had good support (Ie: Donations etc) from Tea Party members...

    Of course you left them out because you only consider Whacky Weird Women (WWW) as the focal point of the tea Party...
    I'll admit the examples of the WWW came to mind rather quickly. I should be ashamed of myself for aiming at such a close target, but they are so OUT THERE all the time.

    Personally I would not have been so quick as you to mention Rubio, who appears to be the first of the freshman senators to be facing an ethics charge for some campaign financing...irregularities.

    As for Paul, he'll get his turn to get back in the headlines. Did I ever tell you I am a former resident of the state he represents? His problem is the line is kinda long outside the crazy-making headline door right now. Also I think Uncle Mitch is gonna keep him on a pretty short leash for a while.
    The Holy War is over, and Utah won - Federal Ute

    Think of how stupid the average American is. Then remember that half are even dumber than that. - George Carlin

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #92
      Are we still talking about the havoc this woman allegedly wreaked on some overall message or other?

      What wound up happening? Did the Democrats sew up 2012? Are the Republicans in shambles? Were the tongues of millions of politicos diverted as a result of this woman's machinations?

      We need to merge this thread with the 1099 thread.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • RobinFinderson
        Banned
        • Nov 2008
        • 10548

        #93
        Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
        You can just call me a "Right Wing Wanker"...
        Too redundant! 'Wanker' will do.

        Comment

        • LA Ute
          Receiver of Memory
          • Nov 2008
          • 19512

          #94
          Rep. Bachmann has now become the leader of the Tea Party Caucus on the House. I don't like this.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden


          "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


          "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #95
            Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
            Rep. Bachmann has now become the leader of the Tea Party Caucus on the House. I don't like this.
            Don't worry. She's intelligent.

            Comment

            • LA Ute
              Receiver of Memory
              • Nov 2008
              • 19512

              #96
              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              Don't worry. She's intelligent.
              The problem is that she is smart enough to know exactly what she is doing. I don't like to underestimate people who are in a position to do damaging things. You wouldn't understand that, of course....
              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
              ― W.H. Auden


              "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


              "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

              Comment

              • dabrockster
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 10957

                #97
                Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                Too redundant! 'Wanker' will do.
                On a side note: My little office was up in arms yesterday with the word "redundant" being thrown around in all directions.. So your use of the word made me chuckle...

                Comment

                • dabrockster
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 10957

                  #98
                  Originally posted by Borderline Divine View Post
                  I'll admit the examples of the WWW came to mind rather quickly. I should be ashamed of myself for aiming at such a close target, but they are so OUT THERE all the time.

                  Personally I would not have been so quick as you to mention Rubio, who appears to be the first of the freshman senators to be facing an ethics charge for some campaign financing...irregularities.

                  As for Paul, he'll get his turn to get back in the headlines. Did I ever tell you I am a former resident of the state he represents? His problem is the line is kinda long outside the crazy-making headline door right now. Also I think Uncle Mitch is gonna keep him on a pretty short leash for a while.

                  Interesting. I'll have to google Rubio and see what I can find out. I was not aware of that...

                  Kentucky huh. Were you in Louisville or Lexington?? I assume for school..

                  Comment

                  • Borderline Divine
                    Junior Member
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 598

                    #99
                    Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                    Interesting. I'll have to google Rubio and see what I can find out. I was not aware of that...

                    Kentucky huh. Were you in Louisville or Lexington?? I assume for school..
                    I lived in the Lexington area. Not for school. I have been in the horse business all my life. Although I sure got "schooled" there.
                    The Holy War is over, and Utah won - Federal Ute

                    Think of how stupid the average American is. Then remember that half are even dumber than that. - George Carlin

                    Comment

                    • RobinFinderson
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 10548

                      #100
                      I don't understand all of the hubbub over her 'intelligence.' She certainly wasn't elected for her intelligence, so why make a big fuss about it now? People win elections for all kinds of reasons, and there may be some very good reasons why someone would vote for a candidate with a low IQ.

                      Comment

                      • LA Ute
                        Receiver of Memory
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 19512

                        #101
                        Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                        I don't understand all of the hubbub over her 'intelligence.' She certainly wasn't elected for her intelligence, so why make a big fuss about it now? People win elections for all kinds of reasons, and there may be some very good reasons why someone would vote for a candidate with a low IQ.
                        Sure enough. Just look at John Kerry. His Yale GPA was lower than GWB's.
                        Last edited by LA Ute; 01-29-2011, 10:08 AM.
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden


                        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                        Comment

                        • YOhio
                          Hipster Mode
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26165

                          #102
                          Ugh.

                          Comment

                          • byu71
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22070

                            #103
                            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            What is with CNN give her so much face time. The times I have seen her on, she doesn't seem quite as wacky as I have seen her in other formats.

                            Comment

                            • myboynoah
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 21719

                              #104
                              What the hell?!?!?!

                              "In 5,000 years of recorded human history... neither in the east or in the west... has any society ever defined marriage as anything other than between men and women,"
                              Should be "neither in the east NOR in the west."
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                              For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                              Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                              Comment

                              • venkman
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 2199

                                #105
                                Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                                What the hell?!?!?!



                                Should be "neither in the east NOR in the west."

                                OMG!!! I can't believe she said that!! Or instead of nor??? What an idiot!!
                                "Remember to double tap"

                                Comment

                                Working...