Michelle Bachmann's Head is a Novelty Fishbowl

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #121
    Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
    For clarity I am not sure Il Pad considers a-hole an insult. I think for him it is a badge of pride. For proof please see his post where he said he told the Extreme Makeover people that if they would have wanted to use his yard while working on the neighbor's place he would have told them to get the hell off his property.
    I am an asshole. I've never denied it and is the reason I call Petty one. We recognize our own.

    As for the extreme makeover comment about staying off my property, that's kind of a running joke I've had going for years on these boards.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

    Comment

    • Flystripper
      Degenerate Gambler
      • Nov 2008
      • 14089

      #122
      Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
      I am an asshole. I've never denied it and is the reason I call Petty one. We recognize our own.

      As for the extreme makeover comment about staying off my property, that's kind of a running joke I've had going for years on these boards.
      I know these things I was just ribbing you.
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

      Comment

      • il Padrino Ute
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 19161

        #123
        Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
        I know these things I was just ribbing you.
        Got it. I'm a bit slower than usual today.
        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

        Comment

        • Flattop
          Many books, little time
          • Jun 2009
          • 1452

          #124
          Originally posted by Borderline Divine View Post
          I'll admit the examples of the WWW came to mind rather quickly. I should be ashamed of myself for aiming at such a close target, but they are so OUT THERE all the time.
          One of them is currently the secretary of state.
          Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
          Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
          Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

          Comment

          • BoylenOver
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 9146

            #125
            “Not since Walt Whitman first heard America singing has a writer captured the hopes and dreams of her people so effortlessly—and with so many …
            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

            Comment

            • oxcoug
              Dolphins Rape Hipsters
              • Dec 2009
              • 5309

              #126
              Pray away the gay - shld play real good. Marcus Bachmann equating gays to "barbarians" works especially well.

              A former patient who sought help from the Christian counseling clinic owned by GOP presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann and her husband, Marcus, has told ABC News he was advised that prayer could rid him of his homosexual urges and he could eventually be "re-oriented."
              Last edited by oxcoug; 07-12-2011, 02:26 AM.
              Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

              It can't all be wedding cake.

              Comment

              • wuapinmon
                Soul Plumber
                • Dec 2008
                • 30711

                #127
                Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                Pray away the gay - shld play real good. Marcus Bachmann equating gays to "barbarians" works especially well.

                http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/michel...ry?id=14048691
                How about being submissive to her husband when she's president?
                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                Comment

                • Jacob
                  Junior Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 6801

                  #128
                  Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                  Pray away the gay - shld play real good. Marcus Bachmann equating gays to "barbarians" works especially well.

                  http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/michel...ry?id=14048691
                  "Prayer could rid him of homosexual urges." Isn't that a pretty standard christian belief?

                  Comment

                  • Moliere
                    One man.....one pie
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 27877

                    #129
                    Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                    "Prayer could rid him of homosexual urges." Isn't that a pretty standard christian belief?
                    Prayer or electroshock therapy....take your pick
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                    Comment

                    • Jacob
                      Junior Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 6801

                      #130
                      Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      Prayer or electroshock therapy....take your pick
                      But that of course has nothing to do with Bachman.

                      Comment

                      • woot
                        Resident Science Cop
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5531

                        #131
                        Apparently, "Doctor" Bachmann's PhD came from a discredited school that no longer exists and didn't even have a psych program during the time he claims he got his. Par for the course, I guess.

                        Comment

                        • Color Me Badd Fan
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 12519

                          #132
                          I'm surprised no one has mentioned the story about Bachmann screaming for help after being cornered in the bathroom by a couple lesbians (the nun referred to in the article is an ex-nun and I read another account where she's also a lesbian).

                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                          Comment

                          • UtahDan
                            *
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 14496

                            #133
                            Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                            "Prayer could rid him of homosexual urges." Isn't that a pretty standard christian belief?
                            There might still be some conservative churches espousing this but I think fewer and fewer people believe it.

                            Comment

                            • Jacob
                              Junior Member
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 6801

                              #134
                              Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                              There might still be some conservative churches espousing this but I think fewer and fewer people believe it.
                              Well, the LDS church certainly does. Are you aware of many major churches who have abandoned the teaching the homosexual acts are sins? Anglican maybe? I haven't heard that Catholics or other major protestant churches have. I'm pretty sure they haven't abandoned the idea that you should pray to give you strength to overcome sin.

                              Comment

                              • oxcoug
                                Dolphins Rape Hipsters
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 5309

                                #135
                                Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                                Well, the LDS church certainly does. Are you aware of many major churches who have abandoned the teaching the homosexual acts are sins? Anglican maybe? I haven't heard that Catholics or other major protestant churches have. I'm pretty sure they haven't abandoned the idea that you should pray to give you strength to overcome sin.

                                Then that wld be appropriate counsel inside the walls of a Church, not at a $73 an hour "therapist."
                                Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

                                It can't all be wedding cake.

                                Comment

                                Working...