2024 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shaka
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 10450

    #2656
    Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

    Your friend is probably intelligent, but intelligent and stupid are not mutually exclusive. My guess is that your friend simply lacks moral character.
    We've been friends for almost thirty years. He's a former BYU football player, teaches Sunday school in my ward, is a great father, and a pillar of the community.

    Next

    Comment

    • Shaka
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 10450

      #2657
      Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

      Don't get me started on wake boats. They chop up the water like it's their own personal tub. It's like people who build houses in the foothills. I don't give a shit about your view! What about my view? And no, that ball that rolled into my yard, you're not getting it back!
      Sorry I swamped your pontoon.

      Comment

      • Non Sequitur
        Where did I put my bodkin
        • Nov 2008
        • 5773

        #2658
        Originally posted by Shaka View Post

        Sorry I swamped your pontoon.
        When you have grandkids, you'll want a pontoon boat.
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

        Comment

        • Non Sequitur
          Where did I put my bodkin
          • Nov 2008
          • 5773

          #2659
          Originally posted by Shaka View Post

          We've been friends for almost thirty years. He's a former BYU football player, teaches Sunday school in my ward, is a great father, and a pillar of the community.

          Next
          He gets points for being a former BYU football player. Not so many points for being a pillar of the community. I live in Utah and am familiar with their communities.
          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

          Comment

          • Maximus
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 6027

            #2660
            They're fing posing smiling with her photo?

            RDT_20240314_2347156779062688731140261.jpg

            Comment

            • Shaka
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 10450

              #2661
              Originally posted by Maximus View Post
              They're fing posing smiling with her photo?

              RDT_20240314_2347156779062688731140261.jpg
              One whose family asked him to. This is not a problem.

              Comment

              • Maximus
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 6027

                #2662
                Lol coke on dude. Thr family doing it doesn't make it better. You don't stand posing smiling sith a dead person's ohoto when you Mae this a stump speechbanoitbillegaln immigration.


                come on now.

                Comment

                • myboynoah
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 21719

                  #2663
                  This such bullshit. And people believe this. It is a cult, a fascist cult.

                  I have a very hard time looking that kindly on people who will vote for this twit.

                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                  For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                  Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                  Comment

                  • USUC
                    Chronic Poseur
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 8806

                    #2664
                    Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    This such bullshit. And people believe this. It is a cult, a fascist cult.

                    I have a very hard time looking that kindly on people who will vote for this twit.

                    Here's the thing. Most conservatives don't believe a lot of what he says. Sure, some of the super crazies do, but most know he's full of shit. They just don't care. It's about his fight in the partisan wars.

                    Comment

                    • Northwestcoug
                      Cocked and Loaded
                      • May 2011
                      • 18039

                      #2665
                      Originally posted by USUC View Post

                      Here's the thing. Most conservatives don't believe a lot of what he says. Sure, some of the super crazies do, but most know he's full of shit. They just don't care. It's about his fight in the partisan wars.
                      Yup. Or distilled to just this: he fights my battles.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

                      Comment

                      • LVAllen
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2013
                        • 3284

                        #2666
                        Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

                        Yup. Or distilled to just this: he fights my battles.
                        "He says what I want to, but without me facing the social consequences for being a bastard."

                        Comment

                        • frank ryan
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12389

                          #2667
                          Originally posted by USUC View Post

                          Here's the thing. Most conservatives don't believe a lot of what he says. Sure, some of the super crazies do, but most know he's full of shit. They just don't care. It's about his fight in the partisan wars.
                          I'm not sure the "most" designation is accurate.

                          Comment

                          • PaloAltoCougar
                            Semper infra dignitatem
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 16940

                            #2668
                            It's strange that Trump's supporters don't seem to be bothered that many of those who worked most closely with him 2017-2021 will have nothing to do with him now. I enjoyed listening to Mike Pence confirm this afternoon that he absolutely will not endorse or support Trump. He joins many other Trump administration people who have said the same thing. I particularly enjoyed Bill Barr's emphatic opposition to Trump's nomination and that he will not support him. When asked if he'd vote for Biden over Trump, Barr said, “I'll jump off that bridge when I get to it.” Trump has always insisted that he only employs/nominates the best people, but I'd bet vastly more members of Trump's administration have come out against him than have members of any other administration against their president.

                            Comment

                            • All-American
                              Right, as Usual
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 15680

                              #2669
                              Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                              This such bullshit. And people believe this. It is a cult, a fascist cult.

                              I have a very hard time looking that kindly on people who will vote for this twit.

                              … so, if at the beginning of the week I was to tell you what I understood was the commonly accepted version of what happened, I’d have told you, after the US killed the Iranian General, in retaliation they fired missiles in our general direction, but through back channels it had been communicated that they were going to do it, and so we had moved things around so that no harm was done, and they salved their wounded pride by literally pounding sand.

                              The only difference I’m hearing here is the claim that they actually called him directly, versus backchanneling.

                              Is there something else I am missing?
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                              Comment

                              • myboynoah
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 21719

                                #2670
                                I question the "commonly accepted" version as described. Commonly accepted by whom? U.S. intelligence would have been monitoring Iranian activity after Suleiman was killed, and likely saw/heard indications of a coming attack. Friends in the region were also monitoring the situation likely passing intelligence from their assets as well. U.S. interests in the region were already on high alert and taking actions to minimize the effects of any Iranian retaliation. I highly doubt Iran would be satisfied with a mere "symbolic" response after suffering the loss of Suleiman at the hands of a brazen U.S. operation. So the Iranians fired highly inaccurate missiles at the U.S. presence in Iraq, even hitting parts of the airbase. It's highly likely that the Iranians gave the Iraqis some warning to clarify that the launch was targeting U.S. assets, not Iraqi assets.

                                But no matter how it happened, as you noted, Trump was not engaged, even indirectly, in some kind of wheeler-dealer arrangement that allowed the cowed Iranians to save face by faking an attack on U.S. forces. The guy is a bullshit artist, not a deal artist.
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                                For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                                Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                                Comment

                                Working...