Biden/Harris: A Presidency for All Americans

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PaloAltoCougar
    Semper infra dignitatem
    • Nov 2008
    • 16938

    #2686
    For those just tuning in, Ted’s multitweet posts are his way of giving JL and the board the finger.

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37987

      #2687
      I love the idea of a federal tax judge commenting on the constitutionality of a federal pardon the day it happens in a case that is not even before him.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Goatnapper'96
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 10924

        #2688
        Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        It's sad how far Biden's legacy has plummeted from where it would have been if he'd simply bowed out gracefully a year ago. And this further confirms his son is a reprobate and a terrible son, having made done incalculable damage to his father which has now been exacerbated by this stupid and unprincipled pardon.
        I got a bit tired of the defending democracy tripe, and I think this makes it obvious Biden is an elite who will use power for his venal interests and the reaction indicates that Democrats, collectively, are not nearly as concerned about the legitimacy of our institutions as they ought to be.

        But the one thing I think Joe Biden does value is his all important "legacy." To think he was willing to sacrifice that on the altar of his son not having to go to jail is somewhat touching to me. I can accept that he is a human who lacks integrity and that one of the principle reasons his son has had a miserable life is because Joe's power allowed Hunter to never learned about limits but still be touched by what he is willing to sacrifice for his son. In fact I think if Donald Trump did likewise Frank Ryan, after explaining that it was just a bit different and much worse than what Joe Biden did, would admit to being a bit touched by Trump's love for one of his own offspring.
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

        I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #2689
          Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          For those just tuning in, Ted’s multitweet posts are his way of giving JL and the board the finger.
          Fortunately I don't think anyone is just tuning in here, possibly due in part to Ted's multitweet posts and the mean response he gets from you and JL.

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #2690
            Okay this is an OG dad joke. I legit haven't seen this anywhere so don't come at me with some rando tweet that attempts to channel me.

            "Say what you will about Biden's politics, but he sure taught his kids good manners. Take Hunter for example. After all the scandals and everything he's been through he still says 'Pardon me.'"

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 37987

              #2691
              Originally posted by YOhio View Post

              Fortunately I don't think anyone is just tuning in here, possibly due in part to Ted's multitweet posts and the mean response he gets from you and JL.
              you think people aren't tuning in because they are upset with how JL and PAC have treated Ted's tweets?
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • YOhio
                Hipster Mode
                • Nov 2008
                • 26165

                #2692
                Originally posted by falafel View Post

                you think people aren't tuning in because they are upset with how JL and PAC have treated Ted's tweets?
                That's exactly what I think!

                Comment

                • frank ryan
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 12378

                  #2693
                  Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  The Dems are distancing themselves from Grandpa Joe like rats from a sinking ship...



                  And the Judge in Hunter's tax case says parts of Daddy Joe's pardon are unconstitutional...





                  I guess the supreme court needs to get involved.. I wonder what they will say.




                  This is a long series of tweets or Xs, but I actually think it's encouraging when party members criticize leaders from their own ranks.

                  Leaders shouldn't be treated like kings and I've seen that happen one time in my life. It's sad that Trump has such control for a lot of reasons, but among them is, he isn't very impressive or good at being a leader. He is great at marketing and staying on basic messages. That's about it.

                  Comment

                  • frank ryan
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 12378

                    #2694
                    Kavanaugh had issues with anger and drinking. Not a great mix. Not something to brag about.
                    There is a lot of MAGA rubbing liberals faces in defeat. Nothing tops J6.
                    Trump is picking the most partisan picks for his cabinet possible and the least principled people. He wants disunity. MAGA needs that to thrive.

                    Comment

                    • Moliere
                      One man.....one pie
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 27886

                      #2695
                      Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      Kavanaugh had issues with anger and drinking. Not a great mix. Not something to brag about.
                      There is a lot of MAGA rubbing liberals faces in defeat. Nothing tops J6.
                      Trump is picking the most partisan picks for his cabinet possible and the least principled people. He wants disunity. MAGA needs that to thrive.
                      Anger issues?
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                      Comment

                      • USUC
                        Chronic Poseur
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 8795

                        #2696
                        It appears many actors on the world stage are taking advantage of the last days of a feckless Biden administration. Kind of astonishing that world leaders seem to be more engaged with the president elect than of Biden. Biden falling asleep in the middle of a summit meeting in Angola is a perfect encapsulation of it all. I'm still in awe that his team thought they could pull off his reelection.

                        Comment

                        • frank ryan
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12378

                          #2697
                          Originally posted by USUC View Post
                          It appears many actors on the world stage are taking advantage of the last days of a feckless Biden administration. Kind of astonishing that world leaders seem to be more engaged with the president elect than of Biden. Biden falling asleep in the middle of a summit meeting in Angola is a perfect encapsulation of it all. I'm still in awe that his team thought they could pull off his reelection.
                          I'm still in awe people voted for Trump and more in awe people think he is a good person.

                          Comment

                          • Maximus
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 6023

                            #2698
                            Originally posted by USUC View Post
                            It appears many actors on the world stage are taking advantage of the last days of a feckless Biden administration. Kind of astonishing that world leaders seem to be more engaged with the president elect than of Biden. Biden falling asleep in the middle of a summit meeting in Angola is a perfect encapsulation of it all. I'm still in awe that his team thought they could pull off his reelection.
                            What actors are taking advantage?

                            Comment

                            • YOhio
                              Hipster Mode
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26165

                              #2699
                              Harris should have leaned into this response to the Trump ads.

                              Comment

                              • Uncle Ted
                                The Big 12 money shot.
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 28853

                                #2700
                                WSJ reports what we all suspected... Grandpa Joe incapable of doing the job pretty much from the very beginning:



                                And they knew it and hid it from us all.

                                And Joe Scarborough was in on it:

                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...