2014 CS Holiday Running/Biking/Swimming Challenge

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Moliere
    One man.....one pie
    • Oct 2009
    • 27886

    #16
    Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Keel. They keel over, not kill over. Like a ship sinking. I know its small-minded of me, especially given my propensity for typos, but I recall this from before and I couldn't help myself anymore.
    Sorry. I didn't proof read it when I copied and pasted. I'm only going to correct it if you sign up and participate.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

    Comment

    • RC Vikings
      Known Heterosexual
      • Nov 2008
      • 8789

      #17
      Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Figured this post might be a good refresher on the rules: http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1042506


      - Sex (unless it's on a moving tandem bike in which case you can count the miles as cycling)
      If you can do this I think the miles should count as double.

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #18
        Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        It's lame?
        Katy Lied claims that she is "jumping all the way out of the water," which sounds incredibly difficult and calorie-intensive. Add to that the difficulty of doing it naked and I think she deserves some points towards your competition thingy.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • cougjunkie
          *Banned*
          • Nov 2008
          • 23223

          #19
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Katy Lied claims that she is "jumping all the way out of the water," which sounds incredibly difficult and calorie-intensive. Add to that the difficulty of doing it naked and I think she deserves some points towards your competition thingy.
          We also need a ruling on poolside chin-ups and pushups. With the way they clearly melt the fat off your body, I think they should count.
          *Banned*

          Comment

          • creekster
            It is NOT a monkey!
            • Nov 2008
            • 22661

            #20
            Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
            If you can do this I think the miles should count as double.
            Heck, I think they should count as double if you can get your wife (or any reasonable woman) to even try it, let alone accomplish it.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

            Comment

            • creekster
              It is NOT a monkey!
              • Nov 2008
              • 22661

              #21
              Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Sorry. I didn't proof read it when I copied and pasted. I'm only going to correct it if you sign up and participate.
              Did I not do so last year? I'll be there.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

              Comment

              • Copelius
                Maker of eyeballs
                • Dec 2012
                • 4065

                #22
                I'll try it this year
                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

                Comment

                • PaloAltoCougar
                  Semper infra dignitatem
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 16938

                  #23
                  I'm in. If we can keep P'dip out of this I have a shot at most combined miles running/riding. I'd add swimming but I don't enjoy getting wet.

                  Runners should participate in a CS Virtual Turkey Trot, with everyone running a 10-K on Thanksgiving and posting their times (I'm not fast at all but I'd enjoy running that morning early, imaging my fellow CS'ers doing the same).

                  Thanks for setting this up, Moliere. I'm going to crush the Over-60 Division.

                  And CJF, get on board. With 50 pounds of beef passing through you in the next couple of weeks you need this.

                  Comment

                  • CJF
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8497

                    #24
                    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    I'm in. If we can keep P'dip out of this I have a shot at most combined miles running/riding. I'd add swimming but I don't enjoy getting wet.

                    Runners should participate in a CS Virtual Turkey Trot, with everyone running a 10-K on Thanksgiving and posting their times (I'm not fast at all but I'd enjoy running that morning early, imaging my fellow CS'ers doing the same).

                    Thanks for setting this up, Moliere. I'm going to crush the Over-60 Division.

                    And CJF, get on board. With 50 pounds of beef passing through you in the next couple of weeks you need this.
                    I will be in. Buying a treadmill tomorrow.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                    Comment

                    • Moliere
                      One man.....one pie
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 27886

                      #25
                      Starts in one week
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                      Comment

                      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                        Time to camp
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26082

                        #26
                        Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        I'm in. If we can keep P'dip out of this I have a shot at most combined miles running/riding.
                        Where did Pheip go? He hasn't posted in a long time. I hope he's okay.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

                        Comment

                        • clackamascoug
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 9709

                          #27
                          I've lost 60 pounds since Sept. 2013. My form of exercise is a hot bath at night. I get the heart rate up to 110 and sustain it there for 60 minutes. How do I convert bathing time into miles? Also I might need a special category for keeping my skull underwater for 3 minutes. That's like running and riding a bike up hill at the same time. It's tough!

                          Comment

                          • Joe Public
                            8.1 YPC
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 8531

                            #28
                            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            Where did Pheip go? He hasn't posted in a long time. I hope he's okay.
                            If he's still making a go at IMAZ, then he's probably been spending a lot of time in the pool or on the road over the last couple of months. Moving can be a time suck, too. Those are my guesses, anyway.
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                            "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                            Comment

                            • Flystripper
                              Degenerate Gambler
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14094

                              #29
                              I am going to try... I will see if I can get Cupcake to partake.
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

                              Comment

                              • bluegoose
                                7th round draft pick
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 4121

                                #30
                                I'm in, although with me being grounded from the bike my numbers will likely be pretty wimpy. Running and riding the trainer this time around for me.

                                Comment

                                Working...