2013 Holiday Running Challenge!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • OhioBlue
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 1129

    #76
    I definitely won't be doing any swimming, and probably won't do much biking. I'm just gonna run. A lot. I should hit (or come real close to) 2,000 miles this year. Ain't no cold, snow, or turkey gonna slow me down.

    Comment

    • PaloAltoCougar
      Semper infra dignitatem
      • Nov 2008
      • 16935

      #77
      2,000 miles in a year, OB? That's VERY impressive.

      And after a fun 40-mile ride this morning, I'm convinced that while the 3.5:1 bike/run ratio is probably fairly accurate for calorie burn (which should be our primary objective, I think), riding 35 miles would be far easier on my bod than running 10. I'd get the run done sooner, but I'd be feeling the effects a lot longer.

      Comment

      • Joe Public
        8.1 YPC
        • Apr 2011
        • 8524

        #78
        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        When does it start?
        Armistice Day, which is fitting for Hostile and me based in last year.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

        "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

        Comment

        • hostile
          lollygagger
          • Dec 2009
          • 5736

          #79
          Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
          Armistice Day, which is fitting for Hostile and me based in last year.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

          "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

          Comment

          • CJF
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 8497

            #80
            I couldn't sleep so I got this kicked off with a quick 3.5 miler. I have a 5 miler planned for this evening. We are off and running.
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

            Comment

            • Moliere
              One man.....one pie
              • Oct 2009
              • 27875

              #81
              Originally posted by CJF View Post
              I couldn't sleep so I got this kicked off with a quick 3.5 miler. I have a 5 miler planned for this evening. We are off and running.
              I just logged 6.3 miles so that makes me the leader for now. I'll revel in the glory of 1st place for now since it'll be very short lived, especially if you are already planning on passing me tonight.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

              Comment

              • Pheidippides
                Liberal Feminazi
                • Nov 2008
                • 14759

                #82
                Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                I just logged 6.3 miles so that makes me the leader for now. I'll revel in the glory of 1st place for now since it'll be very short lived, especially if you are already planning on passing me tonight.
                Game on.
                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                Comment

                • Moliere
                  One man.....one pie
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 27875

                  #83
                  Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
                  Game on.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                  Comment

                  • Joe Public
                    8.1 YPC
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 8524

                    #84
                    Originally posted by hostile View Post
                    Can we get the spreadsheet link at the top of the thread?
                    Bump.
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                    "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                    Comment

                    • PaloAltoCougar
                      Semper infra dignitatem
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 16935

                      #85
                      Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                      Bump.
                      I edited CJF's opening post to include the spreadsheet link.

                      Oh, and sheesh, P'Dip. Way to jumpstart this thing.

                      Comment

                      • Moliere
                        One man.....one pie
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 27875

                        #86
                        Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        I edited CJF's opening post to include the spreadsheet link.

                        Oh, and sheesh, P'Dip. Way to jumpstart this thing.
                        Thanks. You could also put my informational post as the first post in the thread....or maybe you can't, I really don't know.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                        Comment

                        • PaloAltoCougar
                          Semper infra dignitatem
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 16935

                          #87
                          Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          Thanks. You could also put my informational post as the first post in the thread....or maybe you can't, I really don't know.
                          I'm not sure either, and need to get on a lengthy conference call. I could easily paste your info post into CJF's OP, but I'll see if I can simply push yours to no. 1 later.

                          Comment

                          • Moliere
                            One man.....one pie
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 27875

                            #88
                            Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            I'm not sure either, and need to get on a lengthy conference call. I could easily paste your info post into CJF's OP, but I'll see if I can simply push yours to no. 1 later.
                            My lengthy conference calls usually result in me playing candy crush for an hour or two....
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                            Comment

                            • MarkGrace
                              Grooveshark dick tease
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 31546

                              #89
                              Wait it starts today? I thought I read between thanksgiving and new years?
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                              Comment

                              • PaloAltoCougar
                                Semper infra dignitatem
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 16935

                                #90
                                Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                My lengthy conference calls usually result in me playing candy crush for an hour or two....
                                Just off... This one was with multiple parties in Bangalore--great people but I am forced to pay close attention just to understand what's being said. Pity, as my Angry Birds skills suffer. Now it's time to hit the road.

                                Comment

                                Working...