2013 Holiday Running Challenge!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CJF
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 8497

    #196
    Originally posted by OhioBlue View Post
    Holy Moses dude...I don't know whether to applaud or encourage you to be careful. Either way, you're a workhorse.
    Yeah, I think a lot has been water weight. I weighed right after my nine miler yesterday morning. I only weigh in once a week. I have averaged about 4200 burned calories a day and have consumed about 2500 a day. I will drink a lot more this week.

    I have a lonely 4 day weekend this week. I plan on putting in a lot of miles and then kind of coasting a bit in Dec.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

    Comment

    • Moliere
      One man.....one pie
      • Oct 2009
      • 27878

      #197
      Yesterday it was 39 degrees and raining. I almost went out for a run but decided it could wait until tomorrow when it supposedly clears up.

      This morning it was 39 degrees and raining but of course it couldn't wait so I ran a 10k in the cold, wet mess. Without this challenge I'm not sure I would have gone out for the run.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

      Comment

      • Pheidippides
        Liberal Feminazi
        • Nov 2008
        • 14759

        #198
        Pain free for 24 hours. Probably overdid it on the half marathon, but I'm back to running tomorrow am.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

        Comment

        • Parrot Head
          Operation Hot Mother
          • Nov 2008
          • 2322

          #199
          I feel like I've recovered fairly well from the marathon, though when I ran yesterday I noticed my gait was a little awkward. I kept running but then noticed some pain afterwards on the bottom, outer edge of my left foot. I can't quite find the answer but it sounds like potential peroneal tendonitis. I'm just trying to rest a little and hope it goes away. Mrs. PH read about a streaking challenge in Runner's World -- I was disappointed to learn the "streaking" merely referred to running every day through the holidays -- so we have been looking at that and I don't want to kill the streak before it even starts. On the bright side, I'm not training for anything now, so it's just personal pride.

          Another potential contributing factor is that I was running in my Brooks PureFlows and realized that I have 400 miles on those now and I think that's about 100 more than expected so they are getting back-shelved and I need to do some shopping soon for rotational shoes.
          I have nothing else to say at this time.

          Comment

          • happyone
            Board Bookworm
            • Mar 2009
            • 5398

            #200
            p'dip's injury has made this a 2 person race - my hats off to CJF and JIC!



            Yesterday, I went up to Gym and the one Stairmaster was in use, so I put a couple of miles in on a treadmill - I still hate the things!
            Last edited by happyone; 11-28-2013, 08:52 AM.

            I may be small, but I'm slow.

            A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

            Comment

            • Moliere
              One man.....one pie
              • Oct 2009
              • 27878

              #201
              Just passed P-diddy however being that it's due to his injury I'll try to calm my celebration a bit

              I did a 10 miler today and felt fabulous. It might be the steroids my doctor gave me for my acute bronchitis, but I like to think I'm just getting faster. I turned my ankle on mile 8 but finished up since it wasn't too bad.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

              Comment

              • Pheidippides
                Liberal Feminazi
                • Nov 2008
                • 14759

                #202
                Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                Just passed P-diddy however being that it's due to his injury I'll try to calm my celebration a bit

                I did a 10 miler today and felt fabulous. It might be the steroids my doctor gave me for my acute bronchitis, but I like to think I'm just getting faster. I turned my ankle on mile 8 but finished up since it wasn't too bad.
                Don't write me off yet. Ironman training started today, and I'm finally getting around to updating. I haven't sat on my butt all week. Plus I still have some stuff planned tonight....
                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                Comment

                • FN Phat
                  I ♥ gateway sex
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 8691

                  #203
                  I'm having trouble putting in my info to the spreadsheet via my phone. Maybe it is due to the low numbers :idunno:


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I'm your huckleberry.


                  "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                  Comment

                  • happyone
                    Board Bookworm
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 5398

                    #204
                    Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
                    Don't write me off yet. Ironman training started today, and I'm finally getting around to updating. I haven't sat on my butt all week. Plus I still have some stuff planned tonight....
                    good to hear you are recovering - don't overdo it

                    I may be small, but I'm slow.

                    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                    Comment

                    • OhioBlue
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 1129

                      #205
                      movin' on up.

                      ...at least until JIC updates his numbers, anyway.

                      Comment

                      • FN Phat
                        I ♥ gateway sex
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 8691

                        #206
                        I'm on the board! I hope to end in the middle of the pack and consistently run 3-4 times a week.
                        I'm your huckleberry.


                        "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                        Comment

                        • creekster
                          It is NOT a monkey!
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22661

                          #207
                          Just returning from a twelve day vacation. It is not an exaggeration to say that this challenge helped keep me exercising during the trip which had the double benefit of fitness and mitigation of excessive vacation calorie consumption.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                          Comment

                          • PaloAltoCougar
                            Semper infra dignitatem
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 16936

                            #208
                            Thanks to the unbearable peer pressure the Challenge places on me, I headed out for a run this morning when it was 29 degrees, unthinkably cold for these parts. But I had good running gear, the sky was crystal clear and it was actually kind of fun. I needed a couple of hits on my inhaler (I get a bit wheezy when it's cold) but otherwise, I think I like running in arctic-like temps. And yes, I know compared with many of you, I'm enjoying springtime conditions.

                            Comment

                            • FN Phat
                              I ♥ gateway sex
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 8691

                              #209
                              We are in the middle of a snow/freezing rain storm and I am gearing up. I need to take advantage of the day off of work
                              I'm your huckleberry.


                              "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                              Comment

                              • OhioBlue
                                Junior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 1129

                                #210
                                Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                And yes, I know compared with many of you, I'm enjoying springtime conditions.
                                Last week I was running in the low 30s, yesterday I ran in 2 degrees. I run at 5 a.m., so between the hour and the temperature you might be shocked to know that I have not seen any other runners out there this week. But I did see a guy on a recumbent bike (!!) so there's that.

                                Comment

                                Working...