The Fitness Achievements thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RC Vikings
    Known Heterosexual
    • Nov 2008
    • 8789

    #1

    The Fitness Achievements thread

    I think we need a thread to post super human feats of strength or just small advancements in our fitness. I like seeing the progress waup is making in the pool and stuff like that so if you've upped your bench by 20lbs, broke 5 hours for a century, made an Olympic team or just dropped 5lbs, let us know.
  • TalkyTina
    Killer doll
    • May 2012
    • 202

    #2
    It took 2.5 years but I am now down to pre-pregnancy weight, wearing pre-pregnancy jeans, etc. I can't admit I worked "directly" to achieve this. It happened mostly as a result of stress/death in family. But, being thin and bummed out beats being chubby and bummed out.

    Not sure this counts as an achievement, but can I get an Amen for silver linings!?

    Comment

    • smokymountainrain
      Impressive Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 22593

      #3
      Originally posted by TalkyTina View Post
      It took 2.5 years but I am now down to pre-pregnancy weight, wearing pre-pregnancy jeans, etc. I can't admit I worked "directly" to achieve this. It happened mostly as a result of stress/death in family. But, being thin and bummed out beats being chubby and bummed out.

      Not sure this counts as an achievement, but can I get an Amen for silver linings!?
      Amen.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

      Comment

      • marsupial
        Mississippi Queen
        • Nov 2008
        • 3678

        #4
        Originally posted by TalkyTina View Post
        It took 2.5 years but I am now down to pre-pregnancy weight, wearing pre-pregnancy jeans, etc. I can't admit I worked "directly" to achieve this. It happened mostly as a result of stress/death in family. But, being thin and bummed out beats being chubby and bummed out.

        Not sure this counts as an achievement, but can I get an Amen for silver linings!?
        Welcome TalkyTina. Congrats on the weight loss, though I am sorry about your stress and loss of a loved one.

        You should stop by Ellis Island and introduce yourself. If you did already, I missed it and I am sorry.

        And it always took me a really long time to get back to my pre-preg weight. I really hate those women who seem to just bounce right back. Grrr.
        What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
        -Teenage Dirtbag

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #5
          Originally posted by TalkyTina View Post
          But, being thin and bummed out beats being chubby and bummed out.
          ha!
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • happyone
            Board Bookworm
            • Mar 2009
            • 5398

            #6
            Originally posted by TalkyTina View Post
            It took 2.5 years but I am now down to pre-pregnancy weight, wearing pre-pregnancy jeans, etc. I can't admit I worked "directly" to achieve this. It happened mostly as a result of stress/death in family. But, being thin and bummed out beats being chubby and bummed out.

            Not sure this counts as an achievement, but can I get an Amen for silver linings!?
            Funny - I'm just the opposite (not the pregnancy part) with the death in the family and being bummed out - I put on weight. I am now on my umpteenth body improvement project I need to lose 35 lbs - again

            Oh and welcome
            Last edited by happyone; 05-29-2012, 02:57 PM.

            I may be small, but I'm slow.

            A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

            Comment

            • Portland Ute
              Junior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 5647

              #7
              I mentioned elsewhere that I finally just started walking because all it really required was time and some ear buds to listen to something.

              I've logged ~50 miles in the past week. 15 of which were jogging.

              Last night some wardies and I did a 10 mile walk. Earlier that day I ran to the gym and back (5 miles) and did my upper body training for an hour while there. The night before my wife an I did a 6 miler. Tonight, we did 4.5. Friday, I ran to and from the gym and did my workout. Wed and Th I ran home from work and did a walk late at night with the guys.

              I've been doing this for quite a while now. I've put hundreds of miles on my feet in the past couple of months.

              Between the moving and the weight training, I feel pretty great.

              Comment

              • TalkyTina
                Killer doll
                • May 2012
                • 202

                #8
                Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                Welcome TalkyTina. Congrats on the weight loss, though I am sorry about your stress and loss of a loved one.

                You should stop by Ellis Island and introduce yourself. If you did already, I missed it and I am sorry.

                And it always took me a really long time to get back to my pre-preg weight. I really hate those women who seem to just bounce right back. Grrr.
                Thank you. I haven't done my intro post yet. It is frustrating that some ladies seem to bounce back in a couple of weeks. I never anticipated it taking so long to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. I blame it on my age.

                Originally posted by happyone View Post
                Funny - I'm just the opposite (not the pregnancy part) with the death in the family and being bummed out - I put on weight. I am now on my umpteenth body improvement project I need to lose 35 lbs - again

                Oh and welcome
                It's either one or the other with stress eating/non-eating, isn't it? Sorry to hear about your loss.

                Comment

                • PaloAltoCougar
                  Semper infra dignitatem
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 16937

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                  I mentioned elsewhere that I finally just started walking because all it really required was time and some ear buds to listen to something.

                  I've logged ~50 miles in the past week. 15 of which were jogging.

                  Last night some wardies and I did a 10 mile walk. Earlier that day I ran to the gym and back (5 miles) and did my upper body training for an hour while there. The night before my wife an I did a 6 miler. Tonight, we did 4.5. Friday, I ran to and from the gym and did my workout. Wed and Th I ran home from work and did a walk late at night with the guys.

                  I've been doing this for quite a while now. I've put hundreds of miles on my feet in the past couple of months.

                  Between the moving and the weight training, I feel pretty great.
                  That's a LOT of miles in one week. Nice work!

                  Comment

                  • ERCougar
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10978

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                    I mentioned elsewhere that I finally just started walking because all it really required was time and some ear buds to listen to something.

                    I've logged ~50 miles in the past week. 15 of which were jogging.

                    Last night some wardies and I did a 10 mile walk. Earlier that day I ran to the gym and back (5 miles) and did my upper body training for an hour while there. The night before my wife an I did a 6 miler. Tonight, we did 4.5. Friday, I ran to and from the gym and did my workout. Wed and Th I ran home from work and did a walk late at night with the guys.

                    I've been doing this for quite a while now. I've put hundreds of miles on my feet in the past couple of months.

                    Between the moving and the weight training, I feel pretty great.
                    I don't think I've ever had a 50 mile week. Nice.
                    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                    Comment

                    • Pheidippides
                      Liberal Feminazi
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14759

                      #11
                      Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                      I don't think I've ever had a 50 mile week. Nice.
                      Yeah, wow. I just looked it up and my most ever was 55. I had one 50. Both of those were peak marathon training weeks. Other than those two weeks, I've never done that. Nice job PU!
                      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                      Comment

                      • happyone
                        Board Bookworm
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 5398

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                        I mentioned elsewhere that I finally just started walking because all it really required was time and some ear buds to listen to something.

                        I've logged ~50 miles in the past week. 15 of which were jogging.

                        Last night some wardies and I did a 10 mile walk. Earlier that day I ran to the gym and back (5 miles) and did my upper body training for an hour while there. The night before my wife an I did a 6 miler. Tonight, we did 4.5. Friday, I ran to and from the gym and did my workout. Wed and Th I ran home from work and did a walk late at night with the guys.

                        I've been doing this for quite a while now. I've put hundreds of miles on my feet in the past couple of months.

                        Between the moving and the weight training, I feel pretty great.
                        Congrats on the milage - really makes you feel better. My milage has been down a little this past couple of months - only about 40 or so/week I'm going to have to rededicate my self . The most miles I've ever done in a week was 53
                        Last edited by happyone; 05-31-2012, 11:09 AM.

                        I may be small, but I'm slow.

                        A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                        Comment

                        • Portland Ute
                          Junior Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 5647

                          #13
                          Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                          Yeah, wow. I just looked it up and my most ever was 55. I had one 50. Both of those were peak marathon training weeks. Other than those two weeks, I've never done that. Nice job PU!
                          To be clear, let me reiterate that I am walking most of those miles.

                          Comment

                          • Green Monstah
                            Royal Rooter
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 13961

                            #14
                            I've dropped 12 lbs the last fifteen days. It's been a bit of a see-saw though (Memorial Day weekend threw a wrench in the gears, but I'm back on track). I continue to track calories with Livestrong.com app on iPhone. I don't try to get too crazy with exercise (if I got Kamikaze, I end up eating too much afterward). Play volleyball on Wednesdays, hit the gym once or twice a week for leg workout and pool; very gingerly jog a couple of miles if my knees are up for it, and maybe some basketball on Saturday mornings.

                            I try to keep it light and force myself to abstain from food post-7pm.

                            My current goal is to fit into some dress shirts I bought and quickly outgrew. I have about $500 worth of Brooks brothers shirts a size smaller than I'm currently rocking, and my current shirts are starting to wear out. I have about a month before I'll need to make the change or buy new shirts at current size. *fingers crossed*
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                            "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                            Comment

                            • Portland Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 5647

                              #15
                              I started at 215 this spring.

                              I'm down below 200 finally at 196.

                              I'm hoping by some miracle I can hit my goal of sub 190 by the time we go to Hawaii the first week of July.

                              I'm really going to have to ramp up my exercise.

                              I'm hoping that I can hit a 4-5 mile run in the morning 3 mornings a week, walk with my buddies at night and mix in 3 mornings of weight training.


                              I really think I can get to 180 by the end of the summer. I haven't been 180 since...well...when I was a senior in HS?

                              This is the lightest I've been in probably 10 years. It feels good. I'm enjoying being in better physical shape. When I go to play indoor soccer on Thursday nights, I don't feel like a slug. I have fun now.

                              Comment

                              Working...