The Official Thread for Runners

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69742

    #2041
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

    Wtf? Just take the capsules.
    I agree.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • SeattleUte
      Faith crisis consultant
      • Nov 2008
      • 20837

      #2042
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

      I agree.
      It's made from connecting tissue of livestock. Pretty gross to think about a liquid version.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

      --Jonathan Swift

      Comment

      • SeattleUte
        Faith crisis consultant
        • Nov 2008
        • 20837

        #2043
        Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

        I'm sure I just have missed it over the years, but I never knew you were a runner, SU. That's awesome.
        I have increased it over the years, inspired by PAC on Strava. My trainer, who's become a good friend, got me started. Also, as I've lost a fair amount of weight, the intensity and pace have substantially increased. PAC is still my inspiration. Still kicks my ass even though he's A LOT older. Peter Attia is also a big inspiration, as is my brother Stephen. Watching the prior generation age is also a motivation. But if it weren't for audiobooks, I don't think I could do it. I also love to keep track of the metrics, like fitness age.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

        --Jonathan Swift

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69742

          #2044
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

          It's made from connecting tissue of livestock. Pretty gross to think about a liquid version.
          I asked her about it this morning. She said that our pharmacist told her that the powder version is more effective than the capsules. Not sure why. She has a chocolate flavored on she says is not too bad, but I think I might try some of the capsules you are using. I don't have much joint pain, but random muscle and back pain occasionally.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69742

            #2045
            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

            I have increased it over the years, inspired by PAC on Strava. My trainer, who's become a good friend, got me started. Also, as I've lost a fair amount of weight, the intensity and pace have substantially increased. PAC is still my inspiration. Still kicks my ass even though he's A LOT older. Peter Attia is also a big inspiration, as is my brother Stephen. Watching the prior generation age is also a motivation. But if it weren't for audiobooks, I don't think I could do it. I also love to keep track of the metrics, like fitness age.
            One of my best friends serves with your brother Steve in a stake presidency in Alpine. He says he is a great guy.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • beefytee
              Board eye candy
              • Mar 2009
              • 7542

              #2046
              My Rheumatologist said that glucosamine isn’t effective against joint inflammation and fish oil is the most effective with its omega-threes.

              My mom has sworn by glucosamine though.

              I’ve taken the fish oil capsules off and on. The current bottle I have is great. In the past the capsules have given me nasty fish burps.

              Comment

              • SeattleUte
                Faith crisis consultant
                • Nov 2008
                • 20837

                #2047
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                One of my best friends serves with your brother Steve in a stake presidency in Alpine. He says he is a great guy.
                Stephen is the most amazing person I've ever known all things considered. I've told him that if he summarized his accomplishments in an alumni magazine people would think it was a troll or self-parody. He tells an amazing story of successfully completing the ironman in Kona with a good friend who had beaten back multiple myeloma cancer.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                --Jonathan Swift

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69742

                  #2048
                  Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

                  Stephen is the most amazing person I've ever known all things considered. I've told him that if he summarized his accomplishments in an alumni magazine people would think it was a troll or self-parody. He tells an amazing story of successfully completing the ironman in Kona with a good friend who had beaten back multiple myeloma cancer.
                  Yeah, what an amazing group of over-achievers. Kudos to your parents.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • PaloAltoCougar
                    Semper infra dignitatem
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 16939

                    #2049
                    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

                    I have increased it over the years, inspired by PAC on Strava. My trainer, who's become a good friend, got me started. Also, as I've lost a fair amount of weight, the intensity and pace have substantially increased. PAC is still my inspiration. Still kicks my ass even though he's A LOT older. Peter Attia is also a big inspiration, as is my brother Stephen. Watching the prior generation age is also a motivation. But if it weren't for audiobooks, I don't think I could do it. I also love to keep track of the metrics, like fitness age.
                    Glad to help, despite the age slam (accurate thought it was)! I've noticed you've been gradually increasing distance, speed, and frequency, so nice work. Knowing friends see my Strava reports is motivating. I've stopped running, for now at least, and do a combination of hiking, rowing, stationary cycling, and unreported weight training. The missus continues to ride a lot, and we both enjoy being able to travel wherever and whenever we want (starting next week we'll be hiking in the Bernese Oberland). Exercise is better than any pill.

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #2050
                      Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

                      Glad to help, despite the age slam (accurate thought it was)! I've noticed you've been gradually increasing distance, speed, and frequency, so nice work. Knowing friends see my Strava reports is motivating. I've stopped running, for now at least, and do a combination of hiking, rowing, stationary cycling, and unreported weight training. The missus continues to ride a lot, and we both enjoy being able to travel wherever and whenever we want (starting next week we'll be hiking in the Bernese Oberland). Exercise is better than any pill.
                      It's a virtuous circle. You lose weight, get more fit, the workouts get more enjoyable....
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69742

                        #2051
                        You know what works great for joint pain? Stop running. Take up cycling or hiking.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • Bo Diddley
                          Senior
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 18809

                          #2052
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          You know what works great for joint pain? Stop running. Take up cycling or hiking.
                          Bingo. I run two miles twice a year when my boss tells me I have to.

                          Comment

                          • SteelBlue
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 8190

                            #2053
                            Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

                            Bingo. I run two miles twice a year when my boss tells me I have to.
                            How fast do they make you do that?

                            Comment

                            • Bo Diddley
                              Senior
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 18809

                              #2054
                              Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

                              How fast do they make you do that?
                              Not very. The new test is a six event test, and the older you are, the easier the baseline is. I think I get 23:20 or so for the two mile.

                              Still, all the surgeries I've had on my Achilles, IT bands and knees, I'm not breaking any land speed records.

                              Comment

                              • SteelBlue
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 8190

                                #2055
                                Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

                                Not very. The new test is a six event test, and the older you are, the easier the baseline is. I think I get 23:20 or so for the two mile.

                                Still, all the surgeries I've had on my Achilles, IT bands and knees, I'm not breaking any land speed records.
                                Thanks. I’ve wondered if they make you do those really fast miles your whole career.

                                Comment

                                Working...