"Hold my root beer" - the Russell M. Nelson thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Here is how I would spin it: Announce that they are changing Preach My Gospel and missionary guidelines so that quitting coffee and tea will be encouraged but will no longer be a requirement for baptism. "We want everyone to partake in the great blessings of the gospel and do not want this to be a barrier." Also give bishops/SPs instructions to not withhold temple recs over coffee/tea.
    I wondered also and that would probably work. Just put it on the same level as tatoos and multiple ear piercings.

Comment

Here is how I would spin it: Announce that they are changing Preach My Gospel and missionary guidelines so that quitting coffee and tea will be encouraged but will no longer be a requirement for baptism. "We want everyone to partake in the great blessings of the gospel and do not want this to be a barrier." Also give bishops/SPs instructions to not withhold temple recs over coffee/tea.
      If something like this happens it will truly be a revelation because I’m sure RMN and colleagues would not come up with this on their own.

Comment

Makes sense. I agree that’s the way to do it if it were to happen. I’d like to see the same thing for beer and wine. I don’t see how that could ever happen without removing all alcohol. I don’t think that will ever happen.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

This would get my vote but I have a very hard time seeing how this could happen.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I'd love this especially if it included vaping.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              I'd love this especially if it included vaping.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                This would get my vote but I have a very hard time seeing how this could happen.
                Yeah, I am skeptical too.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Here are a few more things I hope are on the Prophets' radar.

1- Allow clapping in the chapel during services. It's not like a chapel full of screaming kids creates some super reverent environment.
                  2- Allow brass instruments in the chapel. Always seemed like an arbitrary and weird rule and it paves the way for Moroni to kick off Jesus 2.0 from one of our buildings.
                  3- If coffee is allowed then go full megachurch with free coffee and donuts every service.
                  4- Have a restricted use TR for partially worthy members that just allows you go to the celestial room to meditate in your normal clothes or attend weddings but you're not allowed to do the endowment, sealings, or help the youth with baptisms for the dead.
                  5- Meeting times are settled by a basketball tournament and/or stick pulling contest between all the wards in a building.

Comment

Here are a few more things I hope are on the Prophets' radar.

1- Allow clapping in the chapel during services. It's not like a chapel full of screaming kids creates some super reverent environment.
                    2- Allow brass instruments in the chapel. Always seemed like an arbitrary and weird rule and it paves the way for Moroni to kick off Jesus 2.0 from one of our buildings.
                    3- If coffee is allowed then go full megachurch with free coffee and donuts every service.
                    4- Have a restricted use TR for partially worthy members that just allows you go to the celestial room to meditate in your normal clothes or attend weddings but you're not allowed to do the endowment, sealings, or help the youth with baptisms for the dead.
                    5- Meeting times are settled by a basketball tournament and/or stick pulling contest between all the wards in a building.
                    Clapping would be huge.

Comment

Here are a few more things I hope are on the Prophets' radar.

What do I need to do to be a partially worthy member? Be a democrat?
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Only fornicate/adulter every other month.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          I’ll leave that to the Prophet to figure out. I’m not one to steady the arc. But if I was making the rule it would be someone who gets between between 60-90% on the TR questions.

Comment

• There's a rumor that Elder Bednar told stake presidents recently that members from UT, ID and AZ would generally struggle more with the upcoming changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              There's a rumor that Elder Bednar told stake presidents recently that members from UT, ID and AZ would generally struggle more with the upcoming changes.
                              Funeral potatoes being added to the WoW naughty list?
                              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                                There's a rumor that Elder Bednar told stake presidents recently that members from UT, ID and AZ would generally struggle more with the upcoming changes.
                                I heard that Eyring said that people from Washington and Oregon would struggle moderately with the new changes, and that people from California would be fine with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X