Mormon WikiLeaks (MormonLeaks)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smokymountainrain
    Impressive Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22593

    #1096
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I have mixed feelings about that one. I hate how we are changing to a society that is constantly fearful and distrustful. On the other hand, there was a bit on KSL last night about the young LDS man recently arrested in Texas for molesting 4 primary kids while he served as a solo teacher, so I get the logic.
    yup. had the same thought as I watched that story. heartbreaking.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #1097
      I passed along the new guidelines to my wife, and she pointed out to me that literally every single primary teacher right now is a woman who teaches by herself.
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • snowcat
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 1348

        #1098
        Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        I knew it!

        I'll bet he has Jimmer pajamas too.
        Last edited by snowcat; 03-29-2018, 11:43 AM.
        One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

        Woot

        I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
        SU

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69696

          #1099
          Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          I passed along the new guidelines to my wife, and she pointed out to me that literally every single primary teacher right now is a woman who teaches by herself.
          This is going to a tough one to implement logistically. I guess they will be combining a lot of classes.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • SteelBlue
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 8189

            #1100
            Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            Ed Pinegar was mine. I really loved him.
            Mine too, and I loved him as well. A dynamic personality with a unique voice (like if Winnie the Pooh took steroids). He is one of the things I remember most about the MTC, and one of my few fond memories of that place. That memory I have of him is one of the big reasons this Bishop story hit me so hard. I held my MTC Pres. in such high esteem that the thought of anything like a basement sex-room and a systematic grooming of broken women seems an unfathomable evil. Such a disgusting breach of the trust and love with which missionaries arrive at that place and are eager to afford to whatever man occupies that office.

            Comment

            • Northwestcoug
              Cocked and Loaded
              • May 2011
              • 18025

              #1101
              [QUOTE=SteelBlue;1363725] A dynamic personality with a unique voice (like if Winnie the Pooh took steroids).QUOTE]



              That sounds about right.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 37983

                #1102
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                I have mixed feelings about that one. I hate how we are changing to a society that is constantly fearful and distrustful. On the other hand, there was a bit on KSL last night about the young LDS man recently arrested in Texas for molesting 4 primary kids while he served as a solo teacher, so I get the logic.
                I'm essentially a solo primary teacher. I don't want a co-teacher. It would ruin my flow (and probably expose the fact that I don't prepare).
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • Pelado
                  Bald not naked
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 21139

                  #1103
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  I'm essentially a solo primary teacher. I don't want a co-teacher. It would ruin my flow (and probably expose the fact that I don't prepare).
                  Preach it, brother.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

                  Comment

                  • wuapinmon
                    Soul Plumber
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 30711

                    #1104
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    This is going to a tough one to implement logistically. I guess they will be combining a lot of classes.
                    Further proof that the Church is Republican.
                    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                    Comment

                    • Topper
                      Pre-Historic Man
                      • Nov 2011
                      • 11764

                      #1105
                      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      That’s right. I’m a closet believer. You got me.
                      Huh? The insecurity isn't tied to belief, disbelief or unbelief. Wrong again. The insecurity of the arrogant may even be unknown to them.
                      Last edited by Topper; 03-29-2018, 12:09 PM.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                      Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                      Comment

                      • Uncle Ted
                        The Big 12 money shot.
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 28853

                        #1106
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        I have mixed feelings about that one. I hate how we are changing to a society that is constantly fearful and distrustful. On the other hand, there was a bit on KSL last night about the young LDS man recently arrested in Texas for molesting 4 primary kids while he served as a solo teacher, so I get the logic.
                        Yeah, that one happened just North of here up in McKinney... https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ars-police-say

                        I haven't seen much in the local news about this yet. I thought the baptists would be all over this. Of course, they have been having their own set of problems in this area lately.

                        In other McKinney news their new $70 million dollar momument to the football gods is looking very nice: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/T...472736433.html I can't wait to take a little trip up there and watch a Friday night game!
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • smokymountainrain
                          Impressive Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22593

                          #1107
                          I've been in 5 wards in the last 17 years, both in and out of utah - every one of them has had the two primary teachers rule/guideline - whatever. funny hearing you guys say this is a new thing and that some don't do this.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

                          Comment

                          • Uncle Ted
                            The Big 12 money shot.
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 28853

                            #1108
                            Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            I've been in 5 wards in the last 17 years, both in and out of utah - every one of them has had the two primary teachers rule/guideline - whatever. funny hearing you guys say this is a new thing and that some don't do this.
                            I have been in some buildings that put in little windows in the classroom doors even. I thought that McKinney building was one of them... Maybe I am wrong.

                            Yeah, the primary rule/guideline has been around for a while... Of course, so has the two-deep rule for scouting but I have seen lots of violations.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Pelado
                              Bald not naked
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 21139

                              #1109
                              Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              I've been in 5 wards in the last 17 years, both in and out of utah - every one of them has had the two primary teachers rule/guideline - whatever. funny hearing you guys say this is a new thing and that some don't do this.
                              The only change in this rule that I see is in requiring two females. My understanding has been that primary classes taught by a woman were allowed to have just the one adult.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

                              Comment

                              • Jeff Lebowski
                                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 69696

                                #1110
                                Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                The only change in this rule that I see is in requiring two females. My understanding has been that primary classes taught by a woman were allowed to have just the one adult.
                                Yep
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                                Comment

                                Working...