Mormon WikiLeaks (MormonLeaks)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ByronMarchant
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2015
    • 360

    #61
    Originally posted by tooblue View Post
    following your lead dude ... it can all be referenced. Tell you what, I'll provide the legitimate references when you provide yours.
    Aren't you the guy that years ago was trying to argue against evolution on CougarGuard?

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37987

      #62
      Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
      I guess you're right. Only one compass.

      I'm not going to disclose my source about the 24-hour in-home nursing care (registered nurses), which costs several hundred thousand dollars per year per ailing apostle.
      Of course you're not. Which gives us full license to find that your "evidence" lacks credibility.

      Its funny how when you are losing an argument, you just switch to a new one.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • tooblue
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 5136

        #63
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Of course you're not. Which gives us full license to find that your "evidence" lacks credibility.

        Its funny how when you are losing an argument, you just switch to a new one.
        Lodestone Compass: Chinese or Olmec Primacy? Multidisciplinary analysis of an Olmec hematite artifact from San Lorenzo, Veracruz, Mexico.

        http://www.academia.edu/6108559/Lode...eracruz_Mexico

        Comment

        • Moliere
          One man.....one pie
          • Oct 2009
          • 27886

          #64
          Originally posted by tooblue View Post
          following your lead dude ... it can all be referenced. Tell you what, I'll provide the legitimate references when you provide yours.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

          Comment

          • ByronMarchant
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2015
            • 360

            #65
            Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Of course you're not. Which gives us full license to find that your "evidence" lacks credibility.

            Its funny how when you are losing an argument, you just switch to a new one.
            You are not required to accept what I tell you regarding 24-hour in-home RNs as fact. I just can't provide the evidence because it wouldn't be prudent.

            Comment

            • ByronMarchant
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2015
              • 360

              #66
              CougarGuard was so much better than CougarStadium. It's a damn shame that all the Utes had to be pushed away, despite their shortcomings.



              Thread title:

              Being on the wrong side of history

              SeattleUte:

              "The title of your thread is such an understatement it's hilariously ironic. The whole movement is on the wrong side of history. It's thoroughly anachronisctic, from the "First Vision" to its ideas about race and women and gays, and therein lies its appeal, to many. The Second Great Awakening was, like the Romantic movement, a reaction to the bleak side of the Enlightenment, materialism. I think my statement that Mormonism's thrust is to turn back the clock is spot on."

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 37987

                #67
                Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                You are not required to accept what I tell you regarding 24-hour in-home RNs as fact. I just can't provide the evidence because it wouldn't be prudent.
                So why even bring it up? It holds no value in terms of the discussion we are having.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69716

                  #68
                  Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                  You are not required to accept what I tell you regarding 24-hour in-home RNs as fact. I just can't provide the evidence because it wouldn't be prudent.
                  This is the dumbest criticism yet. In-home nursing care for guys who have sacrificed their retirement period in service? Oh the horror.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 37987

                    #69
                    Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                    CougarGuard was so much better than CougarStadium. It's a damn shame that all the Utes had to be pushed away, despite their shortcomings.



                    Thread title:

                    Being on the wrong side of history

                    SeattleUte:

                    "The title of your thread is such an understatement it's hilariously ironic. The whole movement is on the wrong side of history. It's thoroughly anachronisctic, from the "First Vision" to its ideas about race and women and gays, and therein lies its appeal, to many. The Second Great Awakening was, like the Romantic movement, a reaction to the bleak side of the Enlightenment, materialism. I think my statement that Mormonism's thrust is to turn back the clock is spot on."
                    Its still there. Go ahead and take your schtick to that site if you prefer it.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • ByronMarchant
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2015
                      • 360

                      #70
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      This is the dumbest criticism yet. In-home nursing care for guys who have sacrificed their retirement period in service? Oh the horror.
                      I'm pretty sure I already said I'm OK with it.

                      Comment

                      • tooblue
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5136

                        #71
                        Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                        Aren't you the guy that years ago was trying to argue against evolution on CougarGuard?
                        You mean the notion of evolution that humans evolved from apes, as depicted in "The March of Progress?" Yup. And I'm in good company—just ask any palaeontologist whether human evolution was linear or sequential? What's more, your 'pure' Americans, of largely European descent, that according to you are the only Americans human enough to be considered worthy of your concern, actually may be descended in large part from neanderthals?

                        Comment

                        • tooblue
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 5136

                          #72
                          Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          Well, since we are dealing only in interpretations right ;-) Don't be daft Moliere. It suits you too well. And I see from reading the board you finally heeded some advice about traveling: an apartment in Paris can be as nice or nicer than staying in a hotel
                          Last edited by tooblue; 01-11-2017, 07:30 AM.

                          Comment

                          • ByronMarchant
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2015
                            • 360

                            #73
                            Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                            You mean the notion of evolution that humans evolved from apes, as depicted in "The March of Progress?" Yup. And I'm in good company—just ask any palaeontologist whether human evolution was linear or sequential? What's more, your 'pure' Americans, of largely European descent, that according to you are the only Americans human enough to be considered worthy of your concern, actually may be descended in large part from neanderthals?

                            Go on. Please tell us more about how we are descended "in large part" (~3% of our DNA) from neanderthals.

                            Comment

                            • tooblue
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5136

                              #74
                              Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                              Go on. Please tell us more about how we are descended "in large part" (~3% of our DNA) from neanderthals.
                              Why don't you tell us. Link? And let's hear your sources?

                              Comment

                              • Armenag
                                Arbiter
                                • Jun 2012
                                • 292

                                #75
                                Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                                Why even call it a base allowance if there are not supplements?
                                I would assume there are location-based adjustments.

                                Comment

                                Working...