Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
    I'm not enough of an SEO expert to opine intelligently, but some are speculating that the name was deliberately chosen to overwhelm the less - than - flattering eponymous UK documentary that came out this year. I think it's a stretch.

Either way, I think I'm going to have a Facebook purge over the next two months.
    Interesting. I was wondering about the stupid name choice. If anything, they've created a more flavorful Google experience for those active members of the church who want to learn more about this movie.
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
      I can't think of a nonLDS person that I know who would want to invest $10 and 90 minutes into this self promotion.
      Soonercoug?
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I have noticed your purge!
        Oh, that? I got pissed at you for some dumb reason like four months ago that I now don't remember and removed you so I wouldn't say anything stupid. I do that all the time as a self-censoring mechanism. I meant to readd you months ago.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
          Soonercoug?
          Still a Mormon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
            Still a Mormon!
            Oops. I keep forgetting.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              I think the chances are high that over 50% of the audience will be active Mormons. We love to see ourselves portrayed on TV or in the theater.
              I think that's an underestimate. I would guess 80%.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                I read in the SL Trib that this movie will be released in theaters. Huh? Who is going to go to a theater and buy tickets to a see a movie like this? Very odd.
                I bet your county leads the nation in ticket sales. Mormons seeking affirmation are the most likely audience.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  I think that's an underestimate. I would guess 80%.
                  You mean over 80%? Otherwise your estimate is not really different than mine...only more specific.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Can't wait to see this. It's going to be a for sure addition to my dvd collection.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Not only am I not going to see this movie, I'm not even going to see the YouTube clip of this movie. That is how "enlightened" and "progressive" I am.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        You mean over 80%? Otherwise your estimate is not really different than mine...only more specific.
                        I prefer the term more precise
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

Can't wait to see this. It's going to be a for sure addition to my dvd collection.
                          If it shows in a theater near my home (chances seem remote), I'm going to take my family to see it after Church.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                            If it shows in a theater near my home (chances seem remote), I'm going to take my family to see it after Church.
                            It is rated PG? How is that possible? Did someone let a "flippin' fetch" fly without good cause?
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Elder Nelson and five others attacked and robbed in Mozambique. Crazy. Having dinner at a mission presidents home when the armed assailants busted in. It seems one of the wives broke her arm, but fortunately, that seems to have been the worst of it. http://www.ksl.com/?sid=6660347

Comment

• lol. This is from 2009. Don't feel bad. I'm pretty sure this is the fifth time this has been posted as breaking news (including once from me).
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X